Why I can't buy a Tesla

-
The problem with nuclear energy? Is not its dangers. Today's design is 100x safer. But the are EXPENSIVE. The most $ per watt. But if we want to replace coal/oil fire plants to combat CO emissions? We may need to pay?
Actually Nuclear is the cheapest form of hydro. My son is a nuclear operator in Canada. He's said nuclear is 3 cents a kw, solar is 6 cents a kw and windpower is 8.5 cents a kw. That is here in Canada so don't know what it is in the U.S.
Those ugly windmills are good for 10 yrs at the most (if you're lucky) and it takes either 800 or 8000 (can't remember) windmills to do the same as one reactor. Sure the reactors have to be replaced at one time or the other but far cheaper.
The Cando reactor is the best and has so many fail safes. If Japan had one they wouldn't have had that disastrous meltdown they had.

Actually Nuclear is the cheapest form of hydro. My son is a nuclear operator in Canada. He's said nuclear is 3 cents a kw, solar is 6 cents a kw and windpower is 8.5 cents a kw. That is here in Canada so don't know what it is in the U.S.
Those ugly windmills are good for 10 yrs at the most (if you're lucky) and it takes either 800 or 8000 (can't remember) windmills to do the same as one reactor. Sure the reactors have to be replaced at one time or the other but far cheaper.
The Cando reactor is the best and has so many fail safes. If Japan had one they wouldn't have had that disastrous meltdown they had.
i wonder if the 8.5 cents includes de-icing the blades?

_fill%2Cf_auto%2Cfl_progressive%2Cg_center%2Ch_675%2Cpg_1%2Cq_80%2Cw_1200%2Fc4gp7cptnbubneu0vzpn.jpg

Once constructed. Add construction and waste disposal costs? Nuclear is the most expensive.

Once constructed. Add construction and waste disposal costs? Nuclear is the most expensive.
Just talked to my son this afternoon. If the procedure is that same as Canada. If you have a windmill on your property you get so much money for hydro to put in there. Now here is the kicker, if it goes bad and they shut it down YOU are responsible for the toxic chemicals which will leak out and the dismantle of the windmill. That was in the fine print that nobody hardly reads. He confirmed it takes 800 windmills to do the same output as a reactor. Coal is the cheapest by far and they have scrubbers in the chimneys but way more dangerous for the atmosphere.

Just talked to my son this afternoon. If the procedure is that same as Canada. If you have a windmill on your property you get so much money for hydro to put in there. Now here is the kicker, if it goes bad and they shut it down YOU are responsible for the toxic chemicals which will leak out and the dismantle of the windmill. That was in the fine print that nobody hardly reads. He confirmed it takes 800 windmills to do the same output as a reactor. Coal is the cheapest by far and they have scrubbers in the chimneys but way more dangerous for the atmosphere.
There is a whole slew of hurdles for any power generation. (Much depending on location) Even Solar. That one would think should be the easiest to deploy. Nope. Building permits. Electric company and grid connection requirements and regulations. Even the panels themselves.

I do agree nuclear checks a lot boxes. Self energy reliance, little CO emissions. Much safer than in years/decades past.

-
Back