widest front tire ?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
i am planning on taking my duster in more of a street direction . i was wondering what is the largest size tire i could have on the front of my 74 duster ? just curious , im sure theres a thread out there but im having trouble browsing the site today ? wheel offset is no issue, i still have to get new fronts. let me know what your running

15x7 4.25 or 4.5 backspacing 225/60/15.

Must run that backspacing. I will be close and some cars will be closer than other even with the same make model year. Allignment specs will change clearance. You can reset the bottom fender brace for more clearance.

Read the big 17" rim post in the rims and tires section.

Running an 18" wheel will increase your size ability lol! The 18 allow the outer tierods to clear when using a big backspace wheel like 6" and above. I have a 275/35/18 clearing with a 18x9 wheel with 6.5" bs. I believe a person could get away with less backspacing than I run like maybe even 6" bs.

Running an 18" wheel will increase your size ability lol! The 18 allow the outer tierods to clear when using a big backspace wheel like 6" and above. I have a 275/35/18 clearing with a 18x9 wheel with 6.5" bs. I believe a person could get away with less backspacing than I run like maybe even 6" bs.

When you turn lock to lock does your inner tire hit the framerails. If so, by how much.

I tooks some pictures Steve of the closest spot at full lock in another thread I started on here "18x9s and 18x10s am I crazy". They do not rub anywhere lock to lock on my car. I have manual steering and maybe I don't have the range a power steering car has. That's why I always point out that a guy "could" run less bs than the 6.5" I have to make it tighter at the fender lip as I have a fingers width all the way around the wheelwell. I also had it aligned and run about .7 neg camber and have even more room at the lip.

-
Back