Wife Drove my Barracuda Today!

-

66fyssh

Don't Stop Believin'
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hope I didn't break any Mopar Brotherhood rules :rolleyes:

She drove about 12 miles with me in the passenger seat. To be honest, it made me tingle a little :D

FB_IMG_1592699016932.jpg

FB_IMG_1592699022201.jpg

Good lookin Georgia honey in a Mopar. Caint ask for more than that!

Noth'n wrong with that. Keep her involved, that way she doesn't feel like she has to compete with the car... LOL :D My wife has access to all the keys to all our cars. She likes driving older cars.

She wants a 49-53 Chivvy pickup. So...I guess I'll need to work on building one for her. Then we'll be a house divided :)
My wife was in love with a '66 Fairlane we had for a while. It was her daily - to work or groceries. But a Chivvy..... :realcrazy: That's some serious marriage issues ….. :poke:

Kidding :D

Last edited:
My wife drove my 70 Dart once, because I was driving a friends 71 Hemi Challenger to a show, said she was petrified the whole time.

My wife has driven a few times and always the same thing! To hard to steer and where are the brakes!

Most are used to modern cars, And do not understand the driving experience. God bless their souls and we love them!!!

Men’s cars! Not to be tough, but truth more times than not. Drive it like you stole it!

Terry,

Funny how they will drive the Hemi GC or the Dually 6.7 Cummins like mad women, but in the classic seem to be docile! Explain that to me please!

The Dually cost way more than the resto on the fish, she has no issue driving it like crazy! The gone, Grand Cherokee the same, What am I missing?

Last edited:
My wife drove the Duster once when it had its first 318 with the 4-speed.
We got her a 66 barracuda and fixed it up.. She had it for a couple years and wanted the money in the bank so we sold it. Now she wishes she still had it..

My wife drove the Duster once when it had its first 318 with the 4-speed.
We got her a 66 barracuda and fixed it up.. She had it for a couple years and wanted the money in the bank so we sold it. Now she wishes she still had it..
I don't remember you guys having a '66. was it a nice car?

Susie said the same thing about the brakes!! Lol.

I have power steering and had Steer and Gear rebuild the box with their "Sport" feel so it's close to a modern car.

Manual brakes, not so much, lol.

Babying these old cars is the worse thing, I have Yet to figure out how to express that with Melanie. In my case you need to guard the throttle a bit “if you know what I mean” and drive it hard. Carberated cars are a tad different and the car stops just fine IMO! Just not like a modern POS. If it ever sinks in she will hell be on wheels!

Last edited:
Stephanie and I went on a road trip to the California coast and I asked her to drive for awhile.
I dozed off for a bit and woke up with her doing 100mph through the Tehachapi hills.
She said the car wanted to go, so she let it.

You must REALLY love that women .. :) my wife balks at riding in mine, much less drive it. She rides in it a couple times a year if I'm lucky.

I tried a number of times the last 8 years to get her to drive it. I think now that it has all new suspension and drivetrain, she finally felt it was safe to drive!!

-
Back