Wildcat Auto Wrecking.

-
got the parts i wanted from wildcat in a hurry. it always cost more anyways because of my location. i got the parts and am a happy customer, they had what i needed and i didn't have time to dick around. end of story.

When I went to Wildcat a few years ago, I found their prices were allot better if you were there in person. I bought a very nice 70 dart bumper with brackets and lights for $75. When I got it back home to Utah, I found one of the tail light housings was busted. I called up there and asked how much they wanted for another and they sent it out to me free of charge. I have nothing bad to say about them. And yes, Very nice people to deal with. To bad they may have to crush some of their stuff.

I'd be like a little kid being dragged out of chuckie cheese in that junkyard. There was one around here that was all mopar but they couldnt make it so now they only have a few 60's-70's mopars.

Some old pics from the last time I was at wildcat

DCP_2274.jpg

DCP_2273.jpg

DCP_2272.jpg

DCP_2270.jpg

DCP_2271.jpg

DCP_2269.jpg

DCP_2267.jpg

DCP_2266.jpg

DCP_2265.jpg

DCP_2264.jpg

Ed is one of a very small group of people that i know of that actually looked at mopars in the mid 70's and knew they would be worth something one day.I met him in about 1990 and bought parts from him for a couple of years before he invited me to see his room full of personal stash mopar parts.I felt like I had died and gone to mopar heaven it was unreal.He was smart enough to buy daytona chargers in 75,76,77,78 when nobody wanted a big block hot rod and you could pick them up for 900 bucks.About 1995 I got invited to see there shop in north Portland where they were doing 100 point resto's for people all across the country very impressive.I kinda fell out of contact with them after that because of the prices they were starting to charge.Even though I don't trade with them anymore, I hope they stay in the mopar business and don't go away.

My 68 is also a factory air car, but I am thinking I'm going to drop a new Sanden pump in before I put the big double piston boat anchor back on her. I've got the March serpentine kit on it and they have all the brackets for a Sanden. I'm thinking I will partner that with the A/C kit from Bouchillon Performance and make up my own hoses.

If they have 800 and crush 400 then they will only have 400 to sell off of.

Looks like it would be smarter to lower the prices on the slow stuff and that should stimulate the cash flow as well as keep the parts available.

It is greed that makes our hobby so expensive. These type of salvage yards are just like car flippers driving up the prices.

If they have 800 and crush 400 then they will only have 400 to sell off of.

Looks like it would be smarter to lower the prices on the slow stuff and that should stimulate the cash flow as well as keep the parts available.

It is greed that makes our hobby so expensive. These type of salvage yards are just like car flippers driving up the prices.

That is not my experience with them. Even if they lower prices on the slow stuff it will still be "slow stuff". The demand just isn't there for parts off the big 70s cars.

Clearing slow moving inventory to make more room for the stuff that sells is a standard business practice.

yeah i'm the guy that pulled your A/C stuff.

and after being in the hobby since my frist car ( 68 dart ) i'm personally sick of people complaining about prices and so on. yeah wildcat cost more but you get the stuff done right and every nut and bolt is included. we are not a u-pull it so yeah it cost more, because some one has to pay my hourly wage.

MiDi

i have always laughed at people complaining about high prices on stuff that is getting harder to find. you don't want to pay there price, don't. spend the next ? weeks/months/ or possibly years hunting for what ever it is you are looking for. you guys think stuff for a-bodies is expensive, try finding parts for a 64 Fairlane. i have seen the side trim selling for several hundered dollars, stuff was so mangled it would take days to straighten it, but when it is the only stuff you have seen for 10 months, you buy it and hope....

I worked for a salvage yard for years as the car buyer. The only time we crushed cars is when we needed cash, were out of room or they were just picked to the limit.

I was very VERY pleased with wildcat. I would recommend them to anyone. I wish I was a little closer, there are a few parts and cars for that matter that I would love to get my hands on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great yard. Ed is a great guy and they have alot of hard to find cars/parts. Wildcat is a great asset for the Mopar hobby. What the East coast guys don't know is we here in the great northwest have what seems to be an endless supply of old cars and sometimes you can buy a whole car for what Wildcat charges for small parts. This is my personal experience and many may dispute this. Like inkjunkie, I have a 64 Fairlane. All my parts are sourced locally. It just takes some digging.

I'd be like a little kid being dragged out of chuckie cheese in that junkyard. There was one around here that was all mopar but they couldnt make it so now they only have a few 60's-70's mopars.

Are you refering to B + B off Central Avenue? I had a 1969 factory 340 Swinger that was sold by B + B in the early 1990s, to the previous owner in Rockville.

B + B - up until about 10-12 years ago, was a good place for Mopar stuff, but I hear they now have very little, for our cars.

Figured I'd throw my .02 cents in on this one. Since I started my hunt for usable quarters for the '57 Chrysler I have here word got back to wildcat as to what I was looking for. I never contacted them, they contacted me via hearing from a few other yards that the search was on.

Never have I been approached like this within the hobby. That says a lot about the organization right there, and the few other yards which beyond the call of duty of in trying to help me out in this. Most will say, "we don't have it. Sorry, sucks to be you."

Of course they couldn't deliver any good news, but they did tell me that my email addy and phone numbers are at the top of the list for needed '57 Chrysler NYer (and interchangable) 2 door quarters, complete.

-
Back