Wilwood conversion problem

-
I stand corrected, my memory has that missing dim in the drawing. It would appear that not all of their dwgs do have it when they should.

Are Dr. Diff's also aluminum hubs? Stress management is much more important in aluminum than it is in iron or steel. I haven't been a wilwood employee for ~12 years, but I would strongly advise against turning down that region of one of their hubs.

Thanks to all of you who responded on this thread. Just wanted to put an endnote on this. Ended up getting some 15" Torque Thrusts I found on Craigslist. Got new Radial TAs - 205s x 60 on the front, 225 x 70 on the back. They look awesome, even better than the OEMs would have looked, IMHO. Ended up selling the Rallyes on Craigslist to a guy who's putting them on a Duster. I spent a little more $ than I had originally planned, got some back to offset the pain a bit, and ended up with the stance and look I was looking for. All's well that ends well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 174
If I'm reading it all correct you went with the big bolt depending on what rear you have I've just pulled a set of 1 1 inch drums big bolt 8 3/4 all of it is has about 20th miles in it from new if your interested. Just gone wilwood on all 4 corners.

Some good info here !! I was just going thru the catalog entertaining the idea of putting some Willwoods on my GTS ! I was going to do like I did with my /6 and get the SMP 15" Rallye wheels ! I guess that would throw another monkey wrench into the mess there is already ! Maybe I'll just stick with the heavier Kelsey-Hayes Disks, and eliminate any problems ! Really sucks that a company such as Willwood wouldn't stand behind their product, because I see no disclaimer in all the info I've read about the stock drum hubs and 9"-10" drums !!! Glad I read this when I did !!!

If I'm reading it all correct you went with the big bolt depending on what rear you have I've just pulled a set of 1 1 inch drums big bolt 8 3/4 all of it is has about 20th miles in it from new if your interested. Just gone wilwood on all 4 corners.

Thanks for the offer. I put an adapter on my drums so I'm running the BBP pattern in the back as well. I too am eventually going to go to discs in the rear too, so thanks but I'm going to pass on the 11 inchers for now.

I got the 12.19 big disc kit from Wilwood for my Dart. Since the original 14 inch wheels (bbp) don't fit, I checked around for new wheels that would fit the hub, match the bolt pattern and also, since I'm plus sizing my tires from 14 to 15 inches, that keep the same tire height to avoid messing with the transmission's speedometer gear.

So, original size E70-14... converted to 195/75R14 for today's measurements. Tire height is 25.5 inches.
Plus sizing to 15 inches, I'm getting 205/65R15... still 25.5 inches high.

My original wheels are 6 inches wide, the 15's I've found are available in 7 and 8 inch wide. So I chose 7 inches.

The wheels are "Bassett D-Hole DOT Legal" 15x7. They're "racing steel wheels", lug centric (as the wilwood hub can't accomodate hub centric wheels since it's a curved cone) and they require 45 degrees lug nuts.

The Tires I chose are BFG Advantage T/A Sport (205/65/R15 94T 660-A-A).

For that same size, here are some other tires I would also have chosen:
- Continental Contiprocontact (205/65/R15 95T 540-A-A)
- Michelin Premier A/S (205/65/R15 94H 640-A-A)

-
Back