Window tint(where to get it)

-

74dart

Reaction score
Where can I get window tint for a back window with a mopar decal in it? I searched online and the forum and I could even find regular tint for it. Its a 74 swinger and Im wondering if I can buy tint for a single window or if I have to buy a full set.

Last time I bought tint it just come in a roll and there was enough to do back window and 2 rear quarter windows. It wasn't pre-cut for any particular make or model ... kinda like a bulk package . As for a logo in it ... I doubt anyone makes one as it would be too hard to control how people installed it cuz some cars it takes several pieces to cover the back window (like my cuda) and the seams would be a nightmare to line up with a logo . what kind of logo and how big did you want it ?

I did this logo on my backglass and then put tint over it and it looked good until a cop gave me crap about it ... told me to either have the logo or the limo black titnt but not both

as for where to buy it ... walmart- advance auto - etc. or grab your yellow pages and see who installs tint in your area

Attachments

• insurance2 003.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 164
Last time I bought tint it just come in a roll and there was enough to do back window and 2 rear quarter windows. It wasn't pre-cut for any particular make or model ... kinda like a bulk package . As for a logo in it ... I doubt anyone makes one as it would be too hard to control how people installed it cuz some cars it takes several pieces to cover the back window (like my cuda) and the seams would be a nightmare to line up with a logo . what kind of logo and how big did you want it ?

I did this logo on my backglass and then put tint over it and it looked good until a cop gave me crap about it ... told me to either have the logo or the limo black titnt but not both

as for where to buy it ... walmart- advance auto - etc. or grab your yellow pages and see who installs tint in your area

i would have to ask to see the insp. law for your state about putting the logo and window tint on your rear window if you have side view mirrows you don't need a rear window if you can put a camper on the back of a pick up that you can't see thru and not get a ticket why can't you put the logo and tint that you can see thru if an old panel truck or sedan deliver can run the road with out a back window why can't you have logo and tint and then i would also ask the cop to see his state insp. card but thats just me and i am a state insp. officer in Pa.

We do tinting at my shop, each states law regarding tint is different.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

I doubt you will find pre cut tint for your car, Plotter programs dont go back that far. Find a local shop with someone that can cut by hand.

Thank you for giving me the tint laws, I was wondering how to find those, they will help alot, and is tint measured in % of darkness?

its measured in % of light that comes through so 20% is darker then 35%

oh sweet, that means I can make it pretty dark then at 24% sweet, thank you for the help, I know nothing of tint.

Just remember,the darker you go the harder it will be to see out of at night time.Careful backing up!LOL

just make sure who ever does it knows how to install it right othere wise you will be driving and looking at a fish tank back window

Iowa laws sux around here . We have a lot of new cops trying to impress each other and they interpret the laws as they see fit at the time. Sometimes they will be ok with something and the next time they cite ya for it. I have been pulled over by old cops who just want to see the car up close and young cops who want to make ticket quota and run a 45 minute inspection on the car and hand me a stack of tickets and tell me next time we impound it . (they expect me to thank them for being so generous) I've beaten the tickets everytime (I was a state inspector when we had inspections) Just a pain in the ***.

-
Back