windshield wiper removal

-
On my 66 Valiant there is a small tang that holds arm on the shaft and needs to be pulled back to release it from the shaft. I used a right angle pick to release it.

Thanks for the help, I ordered some external springs on Amazon, but they wouldn't fit the dinky classic-style wiper arms. The joint is too close to the mount and there just isn't enough room for the end of the spring, and also too close to the body so would rub, back to square one. I am going to do a trip to O'reillys to see if they can figure out compatibility with trico classic blades for "bayonet" wiper arms, about $15 and appears the longer 15" they carry will clear, you can order a 13" like the original size: Classic Wiper Blade 13" Antique Vintage Styling Silver Finish Trico - 33-130 | eBay, but that doesn't solve the broken spring in the arm issue so will have to pull the arm regardless. But first I have to fix the bad oil leak that suddenly started around the oil filter adapter on the 273 block. Its always something on these old cars.

finally checked and all I could find was one arm and the spring was broke off at the mounting point, looks like it just rusted thru. Sorry no help here.

-
Back