Winter's over- what did you get done?

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
The weather is beautiful here and I have the Dart out again. Just wondering what people got done on their rides? I will start with what I did:

New rear suspension- Replaced springs, bushings, u bolts, shackles and shocks

Repainted grill and added a grill center

replaced hood inserts with correct inserts for a 68

General cleaning and repainting of small parts

Now let everyone know what you got done!!

Oh boy guys like you make these threads so guys like me get jealous. JK btw....I have to say i got alot started lol this winter. But I did finish my first engine build.

take a deep breathe. this is gonna be a long one. lol i busted *** all winter trying to get my ride ready for the summer. here goes.

built my fan shroud and wired up my electric fans.

then i stripped the inner fenders and built the conduit to run the wires for the fan controller. then repainted and under coated the inner fender.

I rewired the entire car. bumper to bumper.

[ame="http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/DSCN0376_zps5a6bcc48.mp4"]
th_DSCN0376_zps5a6bcc48.jpg
[/ame]

i installed my exhaust system. fabricated my own mounting brackets for the rear hangers

then i built my own duel rear mount trans cooler rack.

then i got my new moser rear all set up and bent up my own custom brake lines.

then i fab'd my own drive line safety loop. made it so it connects to both frame connectors and the seat bolts pass thru it.

Not a whole lot. I got the new custom center console built (still needs to be covered and installed) and I got the custom dash painted and installed with the new gauges mounted. That's when my sons high school robotics season started. (FIRST Robotics FRC league for any one that's interested). After 6 weeks of 7 days a week and 6 hour days (during the week) and 10 hour days (weekends) in the lab building the robot, I was rear ended on the way to the first compatition in Orlando by a guy not paying attention. The crash destroyed ours and our "sister team" robots the night before the event. On a good note, we were able to rebuild and compete and did pretty well regardless. We finished 10th and our sister team finished 12th in a field of over 60 "bots"

Wow :blob: you made some great strides on your car this past winter 1968dartman and younggun, and :cheers:
Me :D well not much except a good inspection on all corners (wheel bearings packed put back in the front, changed out trans grease and rear end drained and changed, and greased everything counting door and hood hinges
I did have my old wheel repaired :cheers: and have acquired new and better parts for my /6 over the winter :thumleft:

New recurved distributor ready to go in (thank you Johnny Dart) :cheers: with a new set of 7.5mm wires.

Thanks to FISHYPETE for the great job he did on my steering wheel :cheers:

Attachments

• RAMCHARGERS%20TACH%20II%20003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 2013 Victoria updates 004.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 2013 Victoria updates 002.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 216
  • sedan wheel blessing 022.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 207
  • sedan wheel blessing 021.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 212
  • GOLF BAG NAScar 067.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 239
  • GOLF BAG NAScar 062.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 230
Fresh 360, fresh 904. rewired the engine compartment, rebuilt steering column. rechromed the bumpers, dumps on the headers, new wilwood brakes, rebuilt the front end, new firm feeel box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 201
Engine by Hamilton machine, trans by Cope racing. Runs pretty darn good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 200
My age and arthritis are starting to show, and I DO have to work outdoors, so..........not all that much. I did get a better K member situation under the car, resulting in the front end all rebuilt except for upper control arms, which will get done when / if the disk brake conversion happens

Also swapped third members in the 9"

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1969894749

This was mid - March, n' yeh, we just had to have some snow in the middle of this..........

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very limited heat in a drafty "garage" lack of funds, the list of what didn't get done is longer than what did :(

I tore down the top end for cam upgrade mp 288/497 and overall inspection new stock style rockers some transition work on my heads ,new crane double springs, re jet on carb , rebuilt front brakes, and other odds and ends pics up coming ...

I had too many other projects going on, but I did make a fan shroud. Works great too, by the way.
C

Attachments

• DSC01404.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC01409.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 167
okay but don't any one yell at me. i cleaned and repainted, all the brackets pulleys, of the 351 windsor, yes a ford, then changed an Ford AOD 2wd over to a 4wd, with the help of my son. i am not allowed to lift any thing heavy

oh and Younggun2.0 can i drop my cherokee off and have you rebuild for, in other words nice work on your Dart

Built an engine start stand so I could hear a couple engines run before I put them in the car.
Pulled and sold the motor and exhaust out of the duster.
Built a 4.30 gear pumpkin for the 8.75.
Built a 340
Stripped and sandblasted the hood for the duster, cleaned alot of small parts.
Put a 4bbl intake and carb on the old 78 power wagon.
Drank a few beers, looking back I really did not get much done.
But progress is progress,

1001095cs.jpg

Built an engine start stand so I could hear a couple engines run before I put them in the car.
Pulled and sold the motor and exhaust out of the duster.
Built a 4.30 gear pumpkin for the 8.75.
Built a 340
Stripped and sandblasted the hood for the duster, cleaned alot of small parts.
Put a 4bbl intake and carb on the old 78 power wagon.
Drank a few beers, looking back I really did not get much done.
But progress is progress,

1001095cs.jpg

That run stand looks awesome. Got anymore pics?

Lets see.....

Replaced a front tranny seal on my brothers '92 4X4 Dakota. The whole truck is a huge project.

Blew up the 7-1/4" in my car got one for free and swapped 'em out.

Swapped in a reman engine in my sister's '93 Gran Voyager.

Put the SS leaf springs on that had been in my room since September waiting for me to buy bushings and do the do. Mirrors were promptly re-aimed down and headlights way up.

Replaced my alt and did a tune up.

Started the teardown on dad's Chevy.

Tore the front clip off on my car and cleaned out the cowl drains, re-undercoated the whole clip and assembled.

Pulled the carpet and seats out of my car. Repaired the heater box, replaced dash lights, and cleaned up the mess made from the cowl cleaning.

Things to do this summer.
Replace lower bj's.
Sandblast, paint and install steel wheels.
Take the cragars and douse them in gasoline just for the satisfaction of watching those damn things burn. Then transport to scrap yard and drop them like they're still hot.
Figure out a satisfying disposal/death method for the GD unilugs.
Rebuild front suspension
Get an alignment.
Rebuild brakes.

Hey Matt, send them cragers to me!! I'll give you scrap price for em! Unburned that is!! Lol

Seriously tho, if you're scrapping em I'll give you that much. Pm me.

Still working, getting ready to put body panels back on. You can thank the girlfriend for supporting me past this point. :D

i drove mine all winter, didnt do much work...ill be attempting a 4 speed conversion here shorty. also trying to make an oil filter remote mount bracket that bolts to the driver side cylinder head...not sure if im gonna like my oil filter bolted right there but...ill see how it comes out.

-
Back