Wiper blade replacement

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Are just the rubber wiper blades available? I know pushing the button removes the blade but it appears the blade will slide out of the plastic spine

538D604E-5AD2-4AE1-AAD5-0F74ABC1BDE8.jpeg

Yes, in the "old days" just the insert was replaced. You will need to search for refills only. On '68 and newer the metal was argent, not polished as a anti-glare thing.

The parts stores don't carry them. They'll act like they don't know what you're talking about.....and some may not, but they can order them.

I polished mine . I just thought they looked better. I have a couple extras . There are two different lengths 15" ans 17" Usually owners would carry extra refills in their trunk. I got a couple sets that way. I never drove the car in the rain since the 80's. so they didn't have to wipe good. Only look factory.

106_0510.JPG

Are just the rubber wiper blades available? I know pushing the button removes the blade but it appears the blade will slide out of the plastic spine

View attachment 1715919600
Those are Anco's (I believe) with the little red push button to get them apart. They should be 15" but measure to make sure. It's best to take the blade assembly off the arm and bring it to the parts store with you. Try NAPA first. They will probably have what you need.

At one time Anco or Trico had a vintage/classic line of part #.You may try their web pages.

Yes, Trico has a vintage line. I found some at a Car Quest.(if you still have one of those around)

Thanks for the replies, my carquest had been bought out by advanced at least my local one has. I will do some more looking. The blades say they are 16” but ive read where they are supposed to be 15”?

IIRC, the '67-up 2DRHT's use a 15" and the 4dr's and the Duster/Demon/sport series use the 16" blades.

-
Back