WIW early A underdash a/c parts

-

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
I should have done this first, what do you guys think its worth? Its complete,heater/ac box,the a/c vents/panel, and heater a/c control panel. Ill go snap some pics. Its all in good shape, not mint or perfect, but not junked out either.

depends on how bad someone needs/wants it really.
I picked up the complete underdash system from a 66 dart (heater/ac boxes , controls, rubber hoses, water valve, broken door fresh air box drivers side, blower motor, sealed drier and nuts to mount it, minus the bezel and vent.) for 69 bucks plus shipping. 44 more for shipping from Pennsylvania, I'm in Florida.
I've seen em go higher but not much more than 150 and sell. but that was with all the stuff including the compressor, brackets hoses and condenser, inside and outside parts.
Now, that's not saying that I have not seen them asking MUCH higher (as much as 400.00-600.00) but I never saw them getting sold at that price.

most people get rid of the A/c units when they go to the v8 option and don't seem to put it back on for some reason(power,uglythe way it looks under hood ect.). I wish I'd have been able to pick up the bezel also, but it was garbage and had been tossed. the vent had already been sold for 40.00

I would think 50 bucks max for all of it.

I seem to be getting conflicting info from people. The dash bezel is a one year only piece? I have heard from 50-250 for what I have listed...:banghead:

Then put if up for sale for what you've heard. You'll have it till it rots in the ground.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. But do you really think you'll get top gold standard for it in this economy? It's not like you're gonna be able to retire to the Grand Caymans, even if you do. Asking a reasonable price gets it sold for you and gives a Mopar brother a chance at a part he might need. What goes around comes around. I think the 125 is a much better starting point. Good luck.

yep dash bezel is a one year only piece (I think 65 is a 1 year only too). how many do you need for a 66? so far I have collected 4 of them (all in various stages of ugly,broken or hacked up , yours would be on the ugly chrome,nice plastic side of things.) the most I paid was 20.00 for the bezels. the vents are a 1-2 year only also, but the later model vents work on the early A's also (chrome Vs black plastic vent face, plus a lot more of later ones available) and I'll have to spend a whole bunch more chroming them bezels. (unless the spray chrome holds up, linked here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=225565&page=2)

again it depends on location and need and condition. (hot states might get more money, colder states not so much) plus if your car originally had factory A/C it's easier to do it back up. BUT it's a pain in the rear converting a non A/C car over to a factory A/c setup. you have to be willing to do A LOT of work to the firewall to make it fit.

I'm adding factory a/c to my non factory A/c convertible car and wanted it"just cause". do I need it ? no but I wanted it. would I have paid more for the parts I got?
nope.
It just wasn't worth it to me and if I spent any more money on it I'd just go get the classic air/vintage air setup for a lot less hassle. 2 big 1-2 inch holes and a smaller one for the wires to go through hook stuff up align and charge it's done. they have their own controls so I wouldn't have a need for the bezels either.

125.00 is a good starting point for it all including the vent and bezel, that's close to the price point I would have had into my setup if I'd have been able to get the vent and bezel
69 (components)
40 (excellent non pitted vent)
20 (good bezel similar to yours)

Im not trying to get rich at all,and in todays world 100's of dollars wont make you rich hahahaha. But a fair price for both parties is what I am aiming for. I think 125 is fair, I am including everything,and its all complete, and in great condition for 47 year old parts.

-
Back