won't go in gear

-
Crank is drilled plenty deep. I will check bell squarness. the pilot bushing was a little snug going in, which is why I believe it ended up a little undersize on the input shaft. going to hone it out just a hair this evening and check bellhousing squarness.

This still does not answer the question of what has failed. You had a beautifully functioning assembly, what changed? I'm not trying to confuse things, just asking the question. Your input alignment and bellhousing fit did not suddenly change. How deep are your flywheel fasteners below the face, how does that compare with the reach of the clutch hub into the flywheel? Could the flywheel bolts be hitting the hub of the friction disc? New or used flywheel? Did one of those little finger blocks get stuck in between the wheel,plate or disc?

Ok hear is something else to check, my buddy was changing the clutch in his daughters 340 4spd Demon with a new Centerforce and ran into the same problem it was driving us all crazy. We found that centerforce had changed there pressure plates a few years back and put ball bearings between the hat and the diaphragm spring for smother operation. Well a few of these bearings had dislodged, giving the clutch an uneven disengagement dragging the disc. I had an older centerforce hat in good shape, put it in problem solved, sent other one back for refund.

Got it fixed. All I did was clearance the pilot bushing a little so the input shaft would turn a little more free. Shifts smooth as butter. Thanks for the help FABO friends.

Glad to see it fixed.

It's also good to know that you've got good index, just for peace of mind.

I'll be checking clearances with a caliper when I do mine, right before assembly, after seeing this.

Got it fixed. All I did was clearance the pilot bushing a little so the input shaft would turn a little more free. Shifts smooth as butter. Thanks for the help FABO friends.

So i was right, nice to see i can help my FABO fellas, now enjoy your ride and have fun buddy!

-
Back