words that irk me

-
Circle back. Spike, Surge and I want a dollar for every time I've heard covid. So tired.

yletulosba
When I was in school (that's a long time ago) we were taught proper English and cursive writing etc. Once taught it sticks with you. Our kids today are growing up illiterates in way because all the spelling is done automatically by phones or computer. It's the same with doing math. Calculators weren't even invented and we did a lot of calculations in our heads or worked it out on paper.
I was in store a long time ago and there was sale on and the girl actually had to use a calculator to figure out how much 10% was. I told her of course how much is was before she figured it out.
I did that, converting 3" x 18" tile to square ft, then to linear foot before, the counter sales lady could figure it on her electric adding machine... and she does that all day long....

Actually, there is an episode where they are teens, or young 20s, and his Beloved Roadrunner ended up in a quarry
Did you watch the video I posted?
That clearly was a mustang that ended up in the quarry...unless his friends did that to him twice?

Did you watch the video I posted?
That clearly was a mustang that ended up in the quarry...unless his friends did that to him twice?
No I didn't. But, I've never been into Brand X rides, and I remember the show. It was 98 or 99... I'll watch the video though.

All the young people pronounce "important" without the "t" in the middle.

Im-por-unt

Keep your ears peeled for this one. It sounds so stupid.

Last edited:
I saw a fancy new car w/ some high school grads in it. Said " We- b - dun" and this was not in the getto, and it was several years ago. Hey, gotta, be " cool, and fit in"

In 1964 when president Johnson initiated forced busing and integration. The idea was it would bring the educational level up to a single higher level. Well over 55 years later, you have to agree it backfired.

All the young people pronounce important without the "t" in the middle.

Im-por-unt
You can blame texting and the internet for the evolution of the English language in fact you can probably blame it for the evolution of all languages. It hasn’t been very long since the word eh made the dictionary. Language changes with the times punctuation doesn’t

Keep your ears peeled for this one. It sounds so stupid.

I can't help but feel compelled to add....
Too is a different word than To.
They are not the same word and they are not spelled the same.
I went to the store.
Their prices were too much.
I know some people that make this mistake are far smarter than I am but this simple glitch annoys me.
This new phone loves to auto correct, even when it's wrong.

I think "the n word" needs to go away. Just say the damn word. There's a difference between saying it and using it. If people know what you mean, why code it?
My best friend happens to be a black guy. He's a police officer. He also owns his own landscaping/grass cutting business. He's the workingest guy you ever saw. He's probably gonna break 100K with his landscaping business this year....and he's a one man show. He uses the "N" word more than anyone I know. He cannot stand how people play the victim and says everybody has the same opportunity to make a success or failure of themselves...and he's dead right. He's my brother from another mother.

But in a way you're one because you hate gays. What would you do if one of your kids was gay? Would you disown that child and toss them out of your house never to see them again or love them and treat them just like your other kids. Your bible isn't going to change the way they think.
I cannot stand hate. Of any kind. I don't hate anyone. I come close. But I don't. It's just such a wasteful emotion. As for gays....or anyone who doesn't see things the way I do, I say live and let live.

True story. Get off your fat *** and do something, make a life for yourself instead of sitting there with your hand out. Nobody is going to do it for you. There’s nothing to it just do it.

Agreed, the Problem is, certain "people" , are using other people, to install an agenda, to create division, and push hate

Last edited:
Agreed, the Problem is, certain "people" , are using other people, to install an agenda
Did yall see where that batshit crazy MSNBC anchor was talkin about how the trucking industry was "infested" with white males over 55 who were all Trump voters and were aggressive drivers people should be afraid of? Anybody had said that about any other race or demographic of person and they'd been crucified. Yeah lady, that's a great idea. Piss off the trucking industry and see what that gets you. Dumb *****.

I cannot stand hate. Of any kind. I don't hate anyone. I come close. But I don't. It's just such a wasteful emotion. As for gays....or anyone who doesn't see things the way I do, I say live and let live.
Agreed we all bleed. It’s not your colour creed or style. But laziness expecting other people ie the government to take care of you. This is what irks me

-
Back