"Ppl won't hire you, thx"

View attachment 4.jpg

"Doo peeple reely speel lik tis?" :banghead:

View attachment 5.jpg

"Aye yo homie! Holla at yo homeboii"

View attachment 6.jpg

The "name title" says it all...

View attachment 7.jpg

I don't think anyone will blame me for not wanting to know how his references were burned in that fire...

View attachment 8.jpg

I don't think that is a auto-correct issue. :shock:

View attachment 9.jpg

DOYOUTHINKSHEFORGOTWHERETHESPACEBARWAS?????

View attachment 10.jpg

I'm not sure about this one. Says "spent time looking at girls" and goes and says "regularly put own phone number in men's coats but didn't get a single date" << This is a little odd.....

Holy ****!

Yes! People do spell and describe themselfs just like this on a regular bassis.

Find more Of these Please!

And i thought my resume making skills were sub-par. Holy crap.

And i thought my resume making skills were sub-par. Holy crap.

I'll admit the same... I don't write a lot of resumes, the jobs I've had didn't ask for resumes. I've worked retail so far. 2 jobs for me so far. I worked for Rite Aid from 9/2011 to 9/2012, left there to work for Walgreens (better pay and full-time hours) and I worked there from 9/2012 to 3/2013. I had put in my 2 weeks notice for 2 different reasons: I was moving out of the city and wasn't driving 45 minutes for a retail job. And the other reason being that I was pregnant and heavy lifting and high reaching was forbidden and I'd have to do both while working. I got almost done with my 2 weeks notice and 2 days before I was good to leave, I ended up in the Schuyler ER with a miscarriage. I'd spent over 5 hours in the ER getting different blood tests done, and making sure a DNC wasn't needed... I finally got time to call work and tell them that I wasn't going to be in, mind you, I called 2 hours after my shift started... I got an attitude for being in the ER with a miscarriage and they weren't letting me leave yet.

She made it sound like I needed an appointment (with no insurance) to be in the ER for that! She told me that if I wasn't going to be in for work that night to not bother coming in for the rest of my shifts. I said whatever and hung up.

I had worse things to worry about than losing my job 2 days early. I had over $8000 in bills thanks to not having insurance from the ER and OB-GYN visits... And sadly that wasn't even half of the bills added up.

So, now I plan to go back to school and finish my classes that I started and had to drop out for the same reason. Get a job in the profession that I'm taking the classes on and start my career and beginning my life with the job, house and person that I love.

And that profession I'll need more than a resume, I'd need a portfolio, recommendation letters including a resume.

after you finish school, most schools/universities will help you with resume writing as an exit strategy.

I just graduated a university and they sent an e-mail offering a free program where they will help write a resume and tutor good interview pointers.

good luck with your plan and sorry to hear of your turbulent times.

better times and straight smooth roads ahead :hello2:

after you finish school, most schools/universities will help you with resume writing as an exit strategy.

I just graduated a university and they sent an e-mail offering a free program where they will help write a resume and tutor good interview pointers.

good luck with your plan and sorry to hear of your turbulent times.

better times and straight smooth roads ahead :hello2:

I'm looking forward to everything life's got to offer!

I actually had a 3 day resume writing class, following a project on creating a portfolio, resume, and thank-you letters for potential employment for the course.

I had to drop out at the last month before graduation and right before the project was due... :banghead:

Luckily, they're looking into placing me back somewhere close to where I left off, so I still have everything throughout the whole class :D

Very sad to hear of your experience.. and the possibility of you going back to school..

The one thing I say about education after hearing many dump on it...is that once you get it..no one can take it away from you..

At 54, I start school again tomorrow morning..

Grassy

I'll admit the same... I don't write a lot of resumes, the jobs I've had didn't ask for resumes. I've worked retail so far. 2 jobs for me so far. I worked for Rite Aid from 9/2011 to 9/2012, left there to work for Walgreens (better pay and full-time hours) and I worked there from 9/2012 to 3/2013. I had put in my 2 weeks notice for 2 different reasons: I was moving out of the city and wasn't driving 45 minutes for a retail job. And the other reason being that I was pregnant and heavy lifting and high reaching was forbidden and I'd have to do both while working. I got almost done with my 2 weeks notice and 2 days before I was good to leave, I ended up in the Schuyler ER with a miscarriage. I'd spent over 5 hours in the ER getting different blood tests done, and making sure a DNC wasn't needed... I finally got time to call work and tell them that I wasn't going to be in, mind you, I called 2 hours after my shift started... I got an attitude for being in the ER with a miscarriage and they weren't letting me leave yet.

She made it sound like I needed an appointment (with no insurance) to be in the ER for that! She told me that if I wasn't going to be in for work that night to not bother coming in for the rest of my shifts. I said whatever and hung up.

I had worse things to worry about than losing my job 2 days early. I had over $8000 in bills thanks to not having insurance from the ER and OB-GYN visits... And sadly that wasn't even half of the bills added up.

So, now I plan to go back to school and finish my classes that I started and had to drop out for the same reason. Get a job in the profession that I'm taking the classes on and start my career and beginning my life with the job, house and person that I love.

And that profession I'll need more than a resume, I'd need a portfolio, recommendation letters including a resume.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvDem5oyHXc&list=PLE1C1A587F0509646&index=157"]Star Trek Enterprise - Faith of the Heart - Music video - YouTube[/ame]

that's great they are working with you ....whats your major?

Not quite a "major" so-to-speak... It's through BOCES, an undergraduate school for both high school students and adults who are looking to advancing their skills.

I'm taking a course there specializing in nails and waxing.

"Nail Technician and Waxing" <- to be exact with the name...

It's a half year class, 3 nights a week from 4:30 to 9... Class actually went up $1100 since I left, which was last year. They switched companies for their student kits, simply because OPI stopped producing some of the products in the kit... So it went up from $500 to $600 in a year, coming equipped with better products and them being easier to purchase, instead of running all over hell and back trying to find the same things in my kit...

But my determination is what drives me... Knowing I have the support I need from the man I'm madly in love with in anything and everything I do... He's been there for things no one else was. He's amazing in all ways imaginable!

:love2::love2:

Very sad to hear of your experience.. and the possibility of you going back to school..

The one thing I say about education after hearing many dump on it...is that once you get it..no one can take it away from you..

At 54, I start school again tomorrow morning..

Grassy

Great news!!!! Congrats and good luck! :cheers:

Not quite a "major" so-to-speak... It's through BOCES, an undergraduate school for both high school students and adults who are looking to advancing their skills.

I'm taking a course there specializing in nails and waxing.

"Nail Technician and Waxing" <- to be exact with the name...

It's a half year class, 3 nights a week from 4:30 to 9... Class actually went up $1100 since I left, which was last year. They switched companies for their student kits, simply because OPI stopped producing some of the products in the kit... So it went up from $500 to $600 in a year, coming equipped with better products and them being easier to purchase, instead of running all over hell and back trying to find the same things in my kit...

But my determination is what drives me... Knowing I have the support I need from the man I'm madly in love with in anything and everything I do... He's been there for things no one else was. He's amazing in all ways imaginable!

:love2::love2:

whatever you do ...don't make the same mistake I made ....pick a major or field with your heart.

I let my dad pick my major and I never argued and I never spoke up about I really wanted (a lot of it is cultural) but now I wish I would have spoke up.

now I have a master's degree in a field I don't even want ....I really just want to work on cars and open a shop ........but now I have student loans and im not really happy about the whole thing......I would have been happy just leaving it at an AAS degree in automotive.

so pick something you enjoy

whatever you do ...don't make the same mistake I made ....pick a major or field with your heart.

I let my dad pick my major and I never argued and I never spoke up about I really wanted (a lot of it is cultural) but now I wish I would have spoke up.

now I have a master's degree in a field I don't even want ....I really just want to work on cars and open a shop ........but now I have student loans and im not really happy about the whole thing......I would have been happy with an AAS degree in automotive.

so pick something you enjoy

I am... I had to fall out of where I wanted to be at first, but this is my back up plan. I wanted to be a Vet Technician, but my counselor decided to wait until my senior year to let me apply for the classes at a SUNY, let me get the denial letter saying I needed chemistry and physics, and that they were willing to send me to CCC for 2 years to get the credits then transfer to the SUNY I had originally applied to.

I didn't want to be in college for 4 years to finish a 2 year program that I should've been set up for my freshman year of High School.

So, I went to the next best thing that I love to do!

-
Back