Would you sell your Mopar to Hollywood?

-
Cannot remember what movie but it has been in the past few years, they were out buying cars for the movie. NO ONE was told what they were going to do with it, which destroyed all but 1

Seems it was Challengers they were buying. Never seen the movie since I knew they destroyed the cars.

In the past watching movies with car chases and crashes. Now hate it when they destroy a classic car for entertainment purposes.

Yeah they use a lot of junk for the crashes but even them could be used to restore someone's car before they destroyed them

I would sell them all in a heartbeat for the same money they were going for before the crash. Then I would take the money and buy more cars at todays rate. Monopoly works for me without regret.

alot of times the ones they wreck are ones they build and the ones that are nice don't get wrecked. i know that was not true for the dukes of hazzards i don't know how many of those cars they destroyed

In the Dukes of hazzard they used alot of 318 cars so no they were not all R/T or 440 6 pack cars. Thanks God

I was always told that The Walking Dead was a great TV series to get into, so the first episode they destroyed a 69 GTO Judge. I haven't watched a episode since!

That kind of thing makes me angry. :angryfir:

LOL! yes... just a Pontiac. I'm a lover of all classic cars... I just happen to be slightly partial to Mopars :)

I read it was "Just a Le mans" painted as a GTO... Still! URG!

Attachments

• GTOlifted.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 237
LOL! yes... just a Pontiac. I'm a lover of all classic cars... I just happen to be slightly partial to Mopars :)

I read it was "Just a Le mans" painted as a GTO... Still! URG!

I agree, I hate to see any classic Muscle go away.

$$$Money talks. I have already been offered more than i paid for both my mopars, but it wasn't enough to let them go. If someone offered twice or more what they're worth/what i have into them, why not. I could find another one to love. If they were going to be destroyed i wouldn't want to see it, but sometimes you don't know what happens to your car after you sell it.

Yes. In a hot minute. Some people get all weird about selling to flippers etc., but I say once it's sold, it's yours, as in you-can-worship-it/you-can-crush-it. That's what ownership of property means. Of course, if I had a choice of 2 parties to sell to, I'd of course choose a Mopar lover.

I will say that I've refused to sell cars or bikes to people who are jerks though.

The movie I was a part of- they asked the "extras" to see if they would let them use their cars. They paid extra for the use of those cars and never hurt them in any way. They do look for cars out of scrap yards or real cheap junkers. They do have a budget also. They wont spend 30k on a car to smash it-unless they HAD to. Usually then they still make copies of fenders etc. Im not saying they dont buy a nice classic and smash it, but they usually steer away from that.
I saw Jack Reacher last night- very good movie!! Ive walked that area of the shootings many times. Also drove that bridge, the tunnel, and been to that whole area more than several times. Actually- when they show for a quick 2 seconds- the entrance to the tunnels from the bridge- thats also where the Steelers guy-Roethelsberger-spelling??- was hit with another car while riding his motorcycle- same intersection. And yes- very sharp right hand turn at the end of the tunnel where he slid the car sideways. I also drove a semi truck past the tunnels.
Oh and college girls are everywhere around that area in the summer, hehe

Sure, since both of mine are currently up for sale - I would sell them to Hollywood or just about anyone with the money....

No, never. They have no respect for the cars. Look at how many Imperials were destroyed for that atrocity of a movie the Green Hornet.

my 68 dart .....absolutely not....it was given to me as a gift and when i have to part with it, i am planning to give it away to someone else i really care about.....there are some things in life that can not be bought with money.

some of my other cars though........if they bring serious cash ...we might talk :toothy9:

They filmed a movie here in St. Cloud, it was called "Catch Me if you Can" It was a movie about a high school that was gonna close and they had to raise money to save it. A group of kids started drag racing for money and thats what the movie is pretty much about, made in 1989. Lots of local cars were used, my friends friend had a 69 chevelle and they asked him to use it for filming, he did and that car was the main car of the movie (till the end) which was cool, But, mt friend said when he got the car back it was beat and trashed, he wishes he never let them use it.

Here is the movie, the opening scene is cool, there is a 340 4-speed Duster racing a Chevelle, both local cars

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUZokQ971f8"]Catch me if you can 1989 movie. Classic full! film - YouTube[/ame]

2nd Vanishing Point, Wrecked a Camaro instead of the Challenger at the end..and I think they made it rather obvious so as not to offend the heavy Mopar crowd. Even the rims on the exploder were different...I caught it on the first viewing..."Hey, wait a minute!!! Did you see those rims???"

That movie...That's why my kids go to private school! Hahahahaaaa.

2nd Vanishing Point, Wrecked a Camaro instead of the Challenger at the end..and I think they made it rather obvious so as not to offend the heavy Mopar crowd. Even the rims on the exploder were different...I caught it on the first viewing..."Hey, wait a minute!!! Did you see those rims???"

Nope, other way around.....the 2nd one they wrecked a Challenger at the end, the first movie they wrecked a white Camaro.

A local guy that owns a bone yard for older cars here in NC said that some movie companies purchased many of his cars. He said that most were shells that had no engine so they could move them around easily on street scenes that show vintage cars parked along the sides of streets. He also said that many were totally trashed on one side and they would fix up the good side for the camera.

The point is that they can't afford to use decent vintage cars unless they find a sucker...

I get the question at stop lights all the time.
For lots of money, I would sell it.
But I'd feel like I was selling my dog to a bad home.
The Dodge has never let me down and I'd be a traitor to it.

-
Back