wow i got lucky on ebay

-
If it's a open case, now you need a posi or locker or whatever. . .so say $300 which is low. . .then gears another $250, bearing kit $130, axle ends $90, axles w/bearings $350. . .probably $400 in labor for cleaning,remove pads, shortening, set true weld and then set up gears. ..
Thats around 1600 and doesn't include gas and time p/u dropping off and p/u. . . and you didn't get a new end yoke... new end yoke as offered by strange on there diff brings the total to 1750. . .
So far you saved $50 if you do not include your time, p/u, dropping off ect.

. If he bought a D-61. . . add another $600 if his builder knows how to go about it. . . .

Does he want to switch gears? If not why not just use the 3.73 that are in it? Axles with bearings are $295 from Cass, Axle ends are $60. I paid $250 for my housing to shorten, remove old pads, weld new ends, nickel rod the tubes to the carrier and set up. I did mine for $1000 flat. And he can use the yoke on it. It can be done much cheaper then you suggest. Just got to be patient and source parts.

it's a D60 HD Cass could tell from the picture. they used those in the 1-ton dodge vans like this one came from. i'm looking at probably right around one grand total including my brakes... (parts probably $850 total). there are a few things to consider, like new tubes which i think will be a good idea because you never know what they hauled or towed with this van haha. could have been trucking around a load of anvils for all i know.
anyways, i'll put up a thread with the build when it's done. i gotta get the housing up to the shop this week sometime, hopefully on friday i'll pick it up at the seller's work where he's putting it on the loading dock, drop it off at the fabricators.

i figure by putting up a build thread people will know what's involved and what stuff they will need and what it's gonna cost them etc.

yeah. '74 duster one of hemidenny's k-frame rack & pinion setups is on order for her, so no torsion bars will be installed. the 400 bb is at the machine shop. although it's one of the thick web blocks, it's only going to be a .020 over 400 for now i'm not buying a stroker kit at this time. kb 9.5:1 pistons / edelbrock rpm top end kit / mopar orange box & distributor kit / denso alt conversion / holley 770 / carter HP electric fuel pump 100 gph / holley fuel regulator with return. 727 auto trans out of a '68 road runner / SS springs / 1/2 offset hanger kit

i'm using an aftermarket steering column because previous owner(s) yanked the steering column out and put a straight bar in for the steering. the column was in the trunk all rusted up and horn parts missing etc. the new column is about half as heavy

so over all i'll be adding a bit of weight over the rear tires with the D60 HD but losing a bunch of weight up in the front of the car

-
Back