Wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
'Nough said... Prayers to their family and friends.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI8bta-7aw"]The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - YouTube[/ame]

I am lost on the meaning of your thread the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk on November 10, 1975. This was a tragic just like the World Trade Center and I understand if you just feel like paying a tribute but if there is another meaning please clue me in.

That song was and still is a great one,This song can make a man set his beer down for a second and reflect Joe, I remember when the song came out and the farmers and bar owners would demand it to be played on the Juke Box, It has been awhile for me to enjoy it
Thank you brother.. I just remembered the girl I was seeing at the time!! Dawn Statler..
Thank you for a great memory I will enjoy tonight

This song was making my mind wonder back in the day about the same time Joe, because I remember hiding in the closet with Dawn :downtown:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lr0hV0CSzo&feature=related"]Three Dog Night Never Been To Spain - YouTube[/ame]

I was just a kid when this happened (12) but it affected us all, even in Chicago and more so in Iron County Wisconsin where my Father was from.

LMAO! Does "Dawn" know how lucky she was? :happy1:
I was in Paw Paw Illinois at the time :glasses7: I am not sure if she did but her older sister did :downtown:
So help me this is the truth, Man I forgot all about this :glasses7:
:glasses7::D Enjoying some M&M's (Making Memories) from the past tonight :downtown:

I never knew the ship was that big...I've always thought it was about 200-300 foot length. The story has been on the History Channel a couple of times.:thumbup:

Here are some pics of a BIG ship

Attachments

• DSCN3890.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN3892.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN3896.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 229
Dont know why not from that region but my favorite song ever. Metallica and Alice in chains fan.

i'll never forget i was fresh out of great lakes ntc on my way to the north atlantic. i truly understand the fever of the sea. even today i consider it the best time of my life. even with what happened i know each shipmate was in there glory.

Not to nit pick, but I don't think you can call it a "ship" if it's a lake going vessel, no matter what the size.

The song even calls them "iron boats".

There is a 1/87 (HO train) scale model available, if anyone is interested in that.
Also available- operating Huelett ore unloaders...$$$

Gordon Lightfoot just toured last year.

That is definitely one of my all time favorite songs. Some of Gordon's other songs also interesting....

I was only 3 when that happened but every year it is remembered as I grew up in Sault Ste Marie which is only a few miles from where it sank. My folks still remember the storm vividly. You can really appreciate the size of these ships if you watch them go through the Soo locks.

Not to nit pick, but I don't think you can call it a "ship" if it's a lake going vessel, no matter what the size.

I think you nit picked:D Is that true? I've always called them big-*** canoes "ships". I suppose it wouldn't have survived the oceans, but Superior is a HUGE body of water too. Just going fishing on it is overwhelming when you think back to the Fitzgerald tragedy. Like Terry said, "very eerie"

We saw Lightfoot years ago in Hamilton. He's the pride of Orillia.

Yeah i think YY1 might change his mind about Lake Superior if he was on a ship in it in the middle of November . Ive been out in the ocean and been on the great lakes and they are equally scary during bad weather lol!

-
Back