-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a Carb, (Prefer an AFB) aluminum intake, and headers for my 65 Valiant 273. Trying to do this on a budget. (If possible) I know the 273 intakes are scarce so I can make a later intake work by re-drilling the mounting holes. (Not my preferred way of doing things) Also looking for a later model non lockup 904 transmission and aftermarket shifter, and also electronic ignition conversion. Thanks, Litz

You will will h
Looking for a Carb, (Prefer an AFB) aluminum intake, and headers for my 65 Valiant 273. Trying to do this on a budget. (If possible) I know the 273 intakes are scarce so I can make a later intake work by re-drilling the mounting holes. (Not my preferred way of doing things) Also looking for a later model non lockup 904 transmission and aftermarket shifter, and also electronic ignition conversion. Thanks, Litz

You will have to address the issue of the '65 273 crank having a small pilot hole while the later model converter snout will be bigger. Converters do not interchange in the trans.

I have a '72 cast crank from a 318. not sure about fitment, I have it covered in grease, should only need a cleaning, a polishing at the most. engine had 60,000 on it. Let me know if that's a route you'd like to take, I'll make you a package deal.

my buddy has a oe 65 4 bbl intake. i think he wants 150$ i have a couple 340 afb's 9636s
A cast iron intake, or aluminum? Also I'm new to the small blocks. Any idea of the cfm's on the carbs, and condition? Thanks, Litz

You will will h

You will have to address the issue of the '65 273 crank having a small pilot hole while the later model converter snout will be bigger. Converters do not interchange in the trans.
I don't really want to swap the crank on a fresh engine. Any suggestions? I want to get away from the cable shifted ball and trunion setup.

depends on condition. i will go through today and see what we have left. I also have a few Holley vac secondary 600 and 650.

depends on condition. i will go through today and see what we have left. I also have a few Holley vac secondary 600 and 650.
Thanks, Looking for a carb no bigger than 650cfm. Prefer an AFB but a Holly would be OK also. Thanks

I don't really want to swap the crank on a fresh engine. Any suggestions? I want to get away from the cable shifted ball and trunion setup.
Nothin wrong with the ball and trunnion. Its extremely strong if in decent condition. I used a VW boot to replace the torn one on mine and it's lasted for years. Just my 2 cents.
Also, the pushbutton shifter is extremely fast and accurate if it's set up properly.

Nothin wrong with the ball and trunnion. Its extremely strong if in decent condition. I used a VW boot to replace the torn one on mine and it's lasted for years. Just my 2 cents.
Also, the pushbutton shifter is extremely fast and accurate if it's set up properly.
Thanks for the reply. The main reason for switching to a later trans is I can't locate a good converter for the early cable shifted trans. Any suggestions?

Brewer is a 4 speed guy but may have something for you. Otherwise, I'd try some of the yards in the dry west. Someone on here or ForBbodiesonly should certainly have something to suit your needs.

you can put the later 66-70 model pump and converter in the early case , 71 up uses a longer bushing in the pump , not sure you can use that style pump . but that will not fix the crank hud reg for the converter .

i got busy and forgot to take pix but i have 2 holleys and 2 afb's that will fit the bill.
are you looking for something you can bolt on and go, or needs rebuild?

i got busy and forgot to take pix but i have 2 holleys and 2 afb's that will fit the bill.
are you looking for something you can bolt on and go, or needs rebuild?
I'd prefer something that I can bolt but please send prices on both. (Not cheap but on a limited budget) Thank you, Litz

i dug up a few options for you.
option 1 Carter afb 625cfm electric choke. #9636sa
a bit dirty but came off a running motor.
$150.00

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

$100
Holley List Number: CFM Front Jets Rear Jets Power Valve Carburetor Type
1850-2 600 66 134-9 (metering Plate) 6.5 4160

Status
Not open for further replies.
-