WTB Used Romac Balancer

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
im on the hunt for a new balancer... mine is just walking to much for me to feel safe @ 6K and its a PITA to do timing changes!

does anybody have one or any other model aftermarket balancer...

thx guys!

I've got my brand new one waiting for my sorry azz to get going on my motor !!This weekend I hope !!!:prayer::prayer::prayer:

I did get it off an Ebay guy,but I also wanted an SFI rated one so I could go play !But have to apologize for my CRS disease,I can't recall what I paid !:banghead: I found it,$229 w/SFI rating. Falconglobal was the seller

Do you have to have a SFI aproved balancer ?
That Romac SFI unit looks nice. If you play you got to pay.

I bought the other balancer. Its actually a quality part, made in Australia.
Not SFI approved, but I dont need it to be. Works well.

Do you have to have a SFI aproved balancer ?
That Romac SFI unit looks nice. If you play you got to pay.

I bought the other balancer. Its actually a quality part, made in Australia.
Not SFI approved, but I dont need it to be. Works well.

no but i dont want to ever have to buy another balancer... and i like the timing marks in the romac unit...

biting the bullet and buying a new one this week...

get some other stuff knocked out and will have another track day on the 22nd!

hey 6pck

can you get some good pics of how the balancer looks? is it two pieces like a stocker or what??

being SFI 18.1 im not worried just curious

Will these help ??

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

I really don't think it could be a one piece for the fact that there has to be some sort of torsional absorber fitted between the metal or it would be solid and not do what it was designed to !!I will however look a little closer in the morning and let you know !!

I really don't think it could be a one piece for the fact that there has to be some sort of torsional absorber fitted between the metal or it would be solid and not do what it was designed to !!I will however look a little closer in the morning and let you know !!

cool im just curious

A 440 balancer will work fine.
The only difference is the timming marks.
You will need to make new timming marks.

Do tell me more. Thanks

The Slant and 440 share the same crankshaft snout size. Therefor a 440 balancer will bolt right on a slant.

The only problem is that the timing marks are in different places, so you can either make a new mark on the passenger side of the timing cover, or use some timing tape.

Why would you do this ?
Many more choices on either SFI 440 balancers or even stock 440 balancers.

I cant say I have ever done this, but it is a pretty well known mod.

The Slant and 440 share the same crankshaft snout size. Therefor a 440 balancer will bolt right on a slant.

The only problem is that the timing marks are in different places, so you can either make a new mark on the passenger side of the timing cover, or use some timing tape.

Why would you do this ?
Many more choices on either SFI 440 balancers or even stock 440 balancers.

I cant say I have ever done this, but it is a pretty well known mod.

Thank you.Sounds like something worth considering.

-
Back