WWP Paint Code

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1964 Valiant 20 door seeedan. I've seen WW1 (white) paint code before, but what is WWP? The original color is definitely white. I can post a picture of the fender tag in a bit, it's drying from paint. Thank you drive through.

Here's a shot of the fender tag. Thank you drive through.
VIXEN FENDER TAG.jpg

Hey RRR,
Is this possibly a Canadian car?
Just a thought.

Hey RRR,
Is this possibly a Canadian car?
Just a thought.
I don't think so. Anything's possible, I reckon.

Here's a better shot of the fender tag.
VIXEN FENDER TAG1.JPG

My best guess is white and the P stands for the painted upper door frames which would be red.

For 64 I'm seeing XX as a White paint code (??)

Only - P is a Spruce Green Metallic #2

Here's what I have as a reference

Sorry for thy tiny print

View attachment 1715979275
Yeah, I think that disproves the Canadian theory. lol

Everything I find with 64 Valiant says WW is white and P is red. It does have a red interior. L1R indicates that. I wonder if it had red somewhere on the outside?

Yeah, I think that disproves the Canadian theory. lol

Everything I find with 64 Valiant says WW is white and P is red. It does have a red interior. L1R indicates that. I wonder if it had red somewhere on the outside?

Trying to verify... maybe someone knows... Wonder if the First W is "Upper", Second W is "Lower" and the P is.......Interior or something? (along the lines of what @Dartnut noted)

I know I've seen it but confound it if I can find it now

image.jpg
image.jpg
RRR,

here are the 64 codes used for the Valiant order code list from my notes.
This is for a barracuda but back then the barracuda initially used the same sheet that I know off. I will keep looking.
Special thanks to Roger Kizer for this info.

Read this:
1st digit is the roof color
2nd digit is the body color and
3rd digit indicates mono tone or two tone.
Does this mean you have a white with red paint scheme?
image.jpg

magazine info thanks to Roger Kizer.

Read this:
1st digit is the roof color
2nd digit is the body color and
3rd digit indicates mono tone or two tone.
Does this mean you have a white with red paint scheme?View attachment 1715979291

magazine info thanks to Roger Kizer.

Interesting.... I don't know that I've ever seen a two-tone in 64. Always seen the T as: T – P Upper, inner door paint = Red

Where do you think the break point between the colors if that is the case? I've got a couple of the sales brochures downstairs.... Hmmmm

That would be a hoot indeed @RustyRatRod

Interesting.... I don't know that I've ever seen a two-tone in 64. Always seen the T as: T – P Upper, inner door paint = Red

Where do you think the break point between the colors if that is the case? I've got a couple of the sales brochures downstairs.... Hmmmm

That would be a hoot indeed @RustyRatRod
I don't know. That's a good question. I've pretty much decided to paint it back the original white, but now I may need to add some red. LOL I wish I could find out for sure.

I don't know. That's a good question. I've pretty much decided to paint it back the original white, but now I may need to add some red. LOL I wish I could find out for sure.

Only reference to "two tone" in the brochure is the vinyl top option... Sadly, I'm thinking it's the upper door panel.

20220901_145228.jpg

2 tone would have 2 after instead of 1. First letter = accent color.
Second letter= basic body color. My 1964 PPG book does not list any 2 tones for Valiant in 1964. I have no idea what the "P" means. Should be a 1.

Vedddy intedesting....

I've never seen anything but 1 or 2 where your P is.

As noted above if the letters are different followed by a 2, then it's s 2 tone, painted roof car.

That lends a little credence to it having a red roof. It's a Detroit, Mi car, btw.

1964 and early 65 cars assembled up to mid October 1964. Right lower corner was PNT. P for roof, N for body and T for upper door frame or paint insert on side mouldings.

In mid October 1965 it read PAINT on the fendertag. P for roof, A for body, I for paint style mono paint or two tone paint, N for paint within mouldings snd T for upper door frame.

WW1 would be White roof, White body and P bright red upper door frame.

That doesn't explain Rusty's tag.

Also- if it were a white car with a red roof the code would be WP2.

Who da hell knows? Maybe a mis-typed tag?

Well then maybe it does explain it.
I just reread it and it registered in my brain different.

Would be nice to see someone eles' tag.

-
Back