Ya anouther cam story

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok here it goes.69 dart 318 stock heads, stock pistons, eddy intake 650 holly, headers highway gears cam 484 lift 280 dur.stock convertor.This is just for this year I know that cam is a little to much for this 318 but I want this cam for my 360 build up next year.Still lots of money to spend to get my Dart ready for this year.My 360 will be x or j heads, eddy intake,headers.3000 stall,391 gears.and that cam.There is alot of talk of over caming a 318,a buddy built his 318 the same as i am man it was lumppy, sounded good and had j heads on it but had not much power.I am willing to forgive the lack of power this year but next year a hole new ball game.My thing is i want that cam this year and not having to get one next year.What ya think.:goodman:

Ok here it goes.69 dart 318 stock heads, stock pistons, eddy intake 650 holly, headers highway gears cam 484 lift 280 dur.stock convertor.This is just for this year I know that cam is a little to much for this 318 but I want this cam for my 360 build up next year.Still lots of money to spend to get my Dart ready for this year.My 360 will be x or j heads, eddy intake,headers.3000 stall,391 gears.and that cam.There is alot of talk of over caming a 318,a buddy built his 318 the same as i am man it was lumppy, sounded good and had j heads on it but had not much power.I am willing to forgive the lack of power this year but next year a hole new ball game.My thing is i want that cam this year and not having to get one next year.What ya think.:goodman:
Which one do you have there are 2 or 3
version of that pices of ****

which one of the 484 Turd cams do you have?
you wont be able to forgive the lack of power for long...trust me
all those 484's MUST be degreed in and Advanced if anything under 360 and under cubes and less that 10-1 comp...dont even try to just drop it in and go~:pukeleft:
Sorry dont mean to be an *** but there are SOOO many cams available that wil out perform that dog in every way
whats with everyone and that 484 Dinosaur that never was any good in any version?

Havent got the cam yet.I still want a lumpy cam sound
AH the truth comes out it's sound
that cool *** sound is the overlap{ low end killing crap idle Terrible fuel mileage and ZERO power }
and you will be eaten alive by everything out there and laughed @
Not to mention changing the plugs all the time OH FUN FUN FUN
I have a combo for a 318 with a stock cam that will eat stock 440's for lunch
and it Half the cam using an iron intake
I did it again I went off not trying to
insult you i understand the cool rumpity rumpity
but it is what it is in a 318 too small for any usable duration unless you
sing that thing to 6500 the Stock Replacment 340 cam
has a slight rumpity but will pull like a freight train to 6500
with a good intake have good vacum and manners~

Interesting but how would it work in a 360.What are the cam spects of the 340.Thankssssssssssss

The problem most people have with 318's is not over camming but over heading.
It just don't have enough bore to create the valosity <spelling] to fill those big ports and the cylinders with air. Compared to a 318 head the ports and chambers in 340 and 360 heads are huge. There is no such thing as a shitty cam just shitty engine builders that don't know how to choose parts. The only way to run this cam in your 318 is to bore it .60 use a 9:5 to 1 piston with a good port job on your heads or Edlebrock 318 heads, 3500 converter and 4:10 gears. Anything less and you'll want to junk your car.

The 318 is for now Burntorange70 that is what i have now.The 360 will be next winters build up. just figured that cam would be ok for now in my 318.

Leave the 318 as is and enjoy it this season,save more money for the 360 build,,the .484 mopar cam is useless,and is really too much cam for a stock 318,especially if your using a stock converter..

Leave the 318 as is and enjoy it this season,save more money for the 360 build,,the .484 mopar cam is useless,and is really too much cam for a stock 318,especially if your using a stock converter..
I think hes getting antsy..admit it your having a hard time waiting for the 360 build huh?

which one of the 484 Turd cams do you have?

Someone forgot to mention how shitty these were to my 340 dart sport.

12.80 @ 108 mph - no head porting-10.0 kieth black hyper. pistons-
LD340 intake-stock manifolds...... fairly mild build !

Ok pick me a cam that will work for this 318 with a rough idel.Whats out there .
Either the 340 rep cam or a cheesy rv cam
Take the cam and big ol hammer and wack down 2 intake lobers on oposing cylinders Walla Rough cam that STILL out runs that 484 turd:sad1:

talking about the 318 what do you all think about stock 318 with mopar purpleshaft lift 410/425 over lap 32degree duration 248/ 256 set at 110 center line im building it for a very nice driver or some call it a cruse car with a edelbrock preformer intake and an edelbrock 600 cfm carb 518 trans with 327 gears yes i said 327

LOL u know it.This year I want people to say man that sounds ******* good.I could care less of anything else.I still think that 484 will work good in a 360.

talking about the 318 what do you all think about stock 318 with mopar purpleshaft lift 410/425 over lap 32degree duration 248/ 256 set at 110 center line im building it for a very nice driver or some call it a cruse car with a edelbrock preformer intake and an edelbrock 600 cfm carb 518 trans with 327 gears yes i said 327
good idle and torque

LOL u know it.This year I want people to say man that sounds ******* good.I could care less of anything else.I still think that 484 will work good in a 360.
If you are serious about only the sound then
the 484 is your turd er....Cam Especialy the older 108
they are cheap and still around they do Sound wicked and i respect your honesty go with that bugger you wont be dissapointed in the Sound

-
Back