YEAR ONE = Highway robbery

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
I never have liked Year One resotration company... always way overpriced stuff. Anyways... I was looking at a little "fusible link" through them A 14 guage 5" long peice of wire and connectors. $19.99.... *gasp* really ??
I decided what the heck and was placing a order when the shipping amount came up as $13.99 freight. Uhmmmmm.... what ? I double checked the order and it still came out to $13.99 UPS freight. For a fricken wire ??? The thing only weighs a few ounces !! Hmm did I check I needed it Next Day Air Freight ? ? Nope.... Well... lets make a little phone call. So I am told that all items go UPS freight and that is indeed the charge. Uhm...:thebirdm:... ya... I told them they can take that wire..wad it up in a small little ball and shove it sideways. There is no way... even on UPS that thing should cost that much to get here. I guess I get to pay for a carboard box out of there scrap bin and some tape.. ya that makes it worth it....
I am willing to pay more for the right part, but I will not be rear-ended for freight too.

......so I got some 14 guage fusible link wire, two connectors and created the same thing for $4 bucks.

rant... ov'ah

-RPM

Good for you,....I have one of their books,...doesn't cover much for a 74 duster,....nice reference book but as I said before, I thought I was looking at a Harley parts book judging by the prices...

Have you ever seen thier president Kevin King I think. Several of his cars have been completely rebuilt restored by that tv show musclecar. Guess how he is paying for all that?

Welcome to the mopar world,where everything is priced 2X higher than it should be. Thanks to guys who have tons of money and want to maintain the status quo.

Oh I am well aware of the mopar world prices....thats just reality... the freight overcharge... is just gang rape.

-RPM

Year One is nothing but a convenience charge added warehouse.

Almost anything they sell can be found trough other suppliers/manufacturers for MUCH less.

Yes, shipping they charge is another "profit" center in their business model.

Oh I am well aware of the mopar world prices....thats just reality... the freight overcharge... is just gang rape.

-RPM
Yeah; to some people that is just a way to get the price up.That happens if you are buying GM Ford or Chrysler.If things don't turn around they will probably go the same route as the Paddock.

-RPM

You hit the nail on the head, I hear ya friend. :wack:

I quit buying from those people over 20 years ago, due to their prices, once it became apparent that they weren't making anything, just cataloging it and selling it.

About 5 years ago, I really needed a part they had in stock, so was willing to pay their markup. Then the poor customer service person told me the shipping and handling fee. Bull ****! Forget it! I will find it somewhere else.

I was pricing out a 6 pack coil bracket I needed due to a Holley swap on a 383 and the fuel lines end up where the coil normally sits.The part is just an unpainted stamped steel bracket which would cost basically nothing to produce and they wanted $60 for it plus their inflated shipping and on top of that,they only ship UPS which means I'd get bent over again for another $60 by UPS when it arrives at my door.I'd silicone my coil onto the valve cover before I'd pay that.

I'm ordering one from Rocket Resto for $35 and they'll send it through USPS so it will end up costing about 1/3 of the price in the end.

Year one can go right out of business for all I care.

I'm waiting on my New Mopar catalog from Classic Industries.

I'm waiting on my New Mopar catalog from Classic Industries.

Yeah! AND
see tired rebels avitar.... YEAH Take that year who??
Never ordered from them before anyway8)

No offence rebel, I just Love your avitar!!! Looks like me on my Harley 30 years ago, but still looks like me on the inside!:cheers:

DOG PILE ON YEAR ONE!!!! HA HA !!

I stopped buying from Year One because of this very same thing! They act like they're doing YOU a favor by even shipping it to you! I've argues shipping costs with them before and got the standard answer everyone else has got from them. No company is to big to fail so Year One you need to wise up, because guys like us are the ones that put you on the map and we can take you off it just as easy!

I agree.....YearOne.....Waaay overpriced merchandise.
Classic Industries will be the same,mark my words.
Say what you want about E-bay....But it is my little friend.

Yeah! AND
see tired rebels avitar.... YEAH Take that year who??
Never ordered from them before anyway8)

No offence rebel, I just Love your avitar!!! Looks like me on my Harley 30 years ago, but still looks like me on the inside!:cheers:

DOG PILE ON YEAR ONE!!!! HA HA !!

No offense taken glad you like it. It's about how I feel about somethings now especially about gas prices.

I am thinking Year One thinks they are the only people that have reproduction parts, if you order from Canada beware of the brokerage fees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you will wait months for your order believe me .

I am thinking Year One thinks they are the only people that have reproduction parts, if you order from Canada beware of the brokerage fees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you will wait months for your order believe me .

Very true and I hate it for our Canadian Brothers. I have a friend who is restoring a truck and he has all his parts sent to a storage facility in Minn. He goes once a month or so to pick up his parts to keep from paying all those fee's and it is legal for him to do.

Year One definitely has their faults. I am waiting for the classic Industries catalog as well. But I also live 45 min from their warehouse

And sometimes, if the part is small enough, you don't recieve it at all. I have been waiting over a year for set of body plugs.

How much Does Jegs or Summit charge you for a can of their 1.50 No2 energy drink? I love the Ebay cell phone accessories, .01 cent and $34.00 shipping....for basically a .99 cent store item...

I have bought some stuff from Year One (and participated in a few of their Return To Brice Road runs) and I do have one advantage.
We have trucks that go right past their place everyday and I told them to place my order at the will call desk and within 5 hours it was on its way to me via our truck.
I rather throw some money at our drivers !

-
Back