YEAR ONE = Highway robbery

-
I went to buy a Voltage Regulator from BikeBandit.com......it was a good price, $108 USD....and they wanted $111 USD to ship it here to Australia !...for something that weighs less than a can of Coke !!!
What a crock of sh!te......highway robbery, and I emailed them to say so.
Instead, getting a mate in Utah to buy it, and ship it here for me.....for about $20 USD all up postage.......fair enough it might take 2 weeks.....but, I can wait.
There is another mob that sells/recons carby's, and they wanted $280 USD to ship a Carter 800cfm carby to here......their excuse was they only use 1 company to ship and they never have any probs with them......shippments going missing.

I got to say something because the vote seems to be pretty much 1 sided here.

first off....yes mopar parts are pricey most anywhere.

and yes year one does have some higher prices on certain things.

HOWEVER they have good customer service if you contact the right person and Kevin King the president will even answer phone calls and emails personally to do his best to make sure the customer is happy.

I just last week was searching for quarter panel patches and a tail panel and stuff for my duster.

I found that summit racing had the patch panels cheaper and that ebay had the tail panel for alot cheaper.

I contacted Kevin directly over the internet and asked him if he could by chance price match the patch panels and I took a long shot and asked if he would be willing to drop the price on the tail panel rather than buying some random ebay crud parts.

I was contacted the next morning and they price matched the tail panel and patch panels both!!! even the ebay price and they did not have to match an ebay price because its auction based!.

and then shipping was a bit high for it all still so the customer service rep I had spoke to said he would hook me up a bit more and knocked an additional $30.00 off.

so I ended up getting a great deal.....under $500.00 for everything delivered to my door!

The biggest thing you need to do is make sure you get in contact with the right person and they are willing to work with you to do what they can to satisfy the customer.

I suggest talking to Pat at yearone, he is a good guy to deal with.

no they might not be priced the best and not everyone may have had as many good experiences with them as I have had.......but to each his own.

Ill continue to do business with them anyhow.

Not to mention yearone always has at the least a 10%-20% discount code in effect so you can potential save alot of money depending on what you are buying.

but as for the original complaint about the wire....I don't blame you on not buying it.....but normally they will work with you on the price to offset the shipping charges.

priced out a thermo tec shifter boot 50 bucks plus frieght got it on line for 25 bucks

I never have liked Year One resotration company... always way overpriced stuff. Anyways... I was looking at a little "fusible link" through them A 14 guage 5" long peice of wire and connectors. $19.99.... *gasp* really ??
I decided what the heck and was placing a order when the shipping amount came up as $13.99 freight. Uhmmmmm.... what ? I double checked the order and it still came out to $13.99 UPS freight. For a fricken wire ??? The thing only weighs a few ounces !! Hmm did I check I needed it Next Day Air Freight ? ? Nope.... Well... lets make a little phone call. So I am told that all items go UPS freight and that is indeed the charge. Uhm...:thebirdm:... ya... I told them they can take that wire..wad it up in a small little ball and shove it sideways. There is no way... even on UPS that thing should cost that much to get here. I guess I get to pay for a carboard box out of there scrap bin and some tape.. ya that makes it worth it....
I am willing to pay more for the right part, but I will not be rear-ended for freight too.

......so I got some 14 guage fusible link wire, two connectors and created the same thing for $4 bucks.

rant... ov'ah

-RPM

Freight?? UPS Freight is for items that are 150 lbs or more. Seems like a handling charge is bundled in. If it was shipped in an economical way such as a padded envelop via USPS, it would be a couple bucks or so.

How do the prices of the dual-snorkel scoops from Year stack up against other companies? Theirs go for 285+freight. I have been searching around but Year is the only place I can find one, and since the general consensus is that they are high I wanted to hold off. Any info is appreciated.

not defending Year One here ...
They , like every other company in existence , have to pay their employees , lease , water , electrical , etc. , etc. ; nothing's free , they've got to make some money somewhere .

I know , as I'm in the auto parts business , too . Just a drone in the warehouse , but in the trenches never-the-less .
Freight is almost pure profit for stores .

not defending Year One here ...
They , like every other company in existence , have to pay their employees , lease , water , electrical , etc. , etc. ; nothing's free , they've got to make some money somewhere .

I know , as I'm in the auto parts business , too . Just a drone in the warehouse , but in the trenches never-the-less .
Freight is almost pure profit for stores .

I have been dealing with shipping and frieght for over 20 years. I never saw a reason to inflate shipping prices beyond cost of materials to ship. And.. for the subject I originally posted... they are making money on the part. I am sure it didnt cost them $4 and they are charging $20 and then to add a inflated shipping rate ? With practices like this...and word of mouth like mine and others... you wont be in business long in the market the way it is today.

-RPM

The problem is everyone is trying to pass on the inflated fuel charges and wevthe consumer are the end of the line.
Year One is pricey but UPS is totally breaking it off in our arses. It not like the truck is only delivering that one package. :bootysha:

Dont forget they automaticly charge 2.50 for "package protection" unless you uncheck the box. Very sneaky!

In my opinion the term for what Year One is doing, is called gouging. It worked for a growing hobby, with a steady influx of hobbiests that didn't know where to get the stuff, other than their catalog, and ever increasing car values.

Those new people are getting wiser, and the values of the cars has dropped significantly.

The shipping cost rip off is just over the top in my opinion. Paying the wages and costs of handling the order, is part of doing business, not an add on.

Y/O isnt the only company that ripps you off for shipping...The american way of life for business's these days is take as much as you can any way you can.

Ya I hope these practices come to a halt,but its only gonna happen when they go out of business.

Not even the old "you get what you pay for " is true anymore. 99% of the **** they sell is chinese and no way no how are you getting a quality piece for your money anymore.

All these costs companies complain of is just part of doing business. No way should the consumer have to bear the burden of that.

Not even the old "you get what you pay for " is true anymore. 99% of the **** they sell is chinese and no way no how are you getting a quality piece for your money anymore.
Damned right ! This chinese **** can only go so far ; once the unemployment rate drops even further because of this export **** , no one will be able to afford these companies' chinese-made **** .

Lead poisoning , indeed !

Environmental regulations my Blue Collar *** !!

are you sure they really sell the kit ? I oredered the NOS battery tray they advertise along with a flip top gas cap they charged my credit card for both parts then put the order aside because the NOS battery trays have been on national back order for years so a month after ordering and no parts I call them up to have them explain this to me . Now the best part my origional order was a phone order and they do stock the repro battery tray for at the time about 15 bucks less but never told me the NOS one wasn`t actually available when I ordered just took my money and left me waiting till I called and then they changed my order to the part they actually sell and shipped both the parts out , yes they never even shipped the gas cap either till I called just back ordered it as well even tho it was in stock

Just received my final shipment from Year One. Order was placed before Christmas, getting the 20% discount. I received a Direct Connection license plate in a 7"x7"x18" carton by UPS. Could have gone in a USPS $4.95 Priority Mail document mailer. I've had good luck with Van's Auto. Shipping has been very realistic.

So as many of us have shown our concern...Lets have a large BOYCOTT for Year One from the Mopar community.
I even took time out of my schedule to send a E-mail to them "expressing concern" and asked why a wire would cost $13.99 to ship ? ? I was nothing but polite in asking. I have not had a returned response from anyone over there. Guess they know they gouge ya too.

I will start the BOYCOTT

Year One.... this is for you. :thebirdm: :bootysha: :butthead:

-RPM

So as many of us have shown our concern...Lets have a large BOYCOTT for Year One from the Mopar community.

I will start.

Year One.... this is for you. :thebirdm: :bootysha: :butthead:

-RPM

i will go for that heres to the *** maggots that run year 1

Im on board..would never buy from them. Have looked at thier catalogue for reference but cannot afford the assface stupid prices.

-
Back