Yoke Choice

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I have a Dart that weights 2800, later 904 full race,8" converter , 360 stroker w/ 450 HP to the rear, 410 489 spool and race axles. Will the 7290 trans and rear yoke stand up to weekly racing?

Refresh my memmory.
The 7290 is the larger u-joint correct ?

If so,I see know problem.

The 904 would be of more concern. Great for drag racing,but just not as strong as the 727.

Why take a chance when i built my stroker i knew the driveshaft and yokes were the weak link, i broke one of those right off on my duster,and your stroker is putting out more power then mine i have billet on there now,not worried about breaking anymore..

Why do you ask? I would go with the 7290 and a driveshaft loop. If you break the 7290 and your running a 904 I would guess the 904 would also be in pieces scattered throughout the car. You need to protect yourself first then the car.

Why take a chance when i built my stroker i knew the driveshaft and yokes were the weak link, i broke one of those right off on my duster,and your stroker is putting out more power then mine i have billet on there now,not worried about breaking anymore..

Why do you ask? I would go with the 7290 and a driveshaft loop. If you break the 7290 and your running a 904 I would guess the 904 would also be in pieces scattered throughout the car. You need to protect yourself first then the car.

Please ignore my first post as I didn't read your original post right and thought it was 450 crank hp. These fellows are right in their comments. 450 hp at the wheels is quite a bit of power so you need good strong parts to be reliable but most of all safe.

-
Back