You ever sneak the keys from Dad??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bet 90% of the members on here at one point snuck the keys to Dads ride. I did and took a video

Sorry for the lousy sound quality

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqmK3UK11Y&feature=player_detailpage"]1st ride in dads 67 "S" - YouTube[/ame]

Lol no I never took the keys, the old chevy truck we had was easy to hotwire

Yep,...sure did,...I was 14,...buried my dad's 69 barracuda in the front yard up to the frame,...my uncle pulled it out with his CJ, and I tried to hide the ruts,...got away with It, told him my uncle made the ruts when he came visiting,...kinda true...

Yep, me and my older brother would,take moms car every sat night about 2:00 am.

Had several close calls, usually in the snow but never wrecked it.

Used to steal my brothers 72 Buick Electra 455 all the time and go joyriding with my friends.

the possible pain outweighed the possible enjoyment....kids got beatings back then and there was no authorities to say anything except "You must of did somthing to deserve it"...but We survived

yep. stole dads 79 corolla he bought new. stole it at 1 am, pushed it out the driveway and down the street before we started it. 2 hours later, he had to come down and pick me up after the cops called to inform him i had just plowed head -on into a 66 chevelle sitting at a park with two dudes in it smoking weed. he made me wear the car key around my neck for the next year as a constant reminder. i was 13. and i never forgot about it lol

nice Steve , glad it has all come together !!

yep...15 and got caught....lucky for me I was the youngest of 4 boys and he was done using the strap or maybe it was elegal by then...who know's. Congrats Steve and Dad! Hopefully you won't get the strap....bahahaha

No need to. I bought a '56 chev for 30 bucks on the sly when I was fifteen and kept it hid at work.

yep. stole dads 79 corolla he bought new. stole it at 1 am, pushed it out the driveway and down the street before we started it. 2 hours later, he had to come down and pick me up after the cops called to inform him i had just plowed head -on into a 66 chevelle sitting at a park with two dudes in it smoking weed. he made me wear the car key around my neck for the next year as a constant reminder. i was 13. and i never forgot about it lol

As a reminder or a trophy?? LOL Maybe you did dad a favor??

Man I miss my old 68 :( There's no better view then those "valve" covers on that beautifully shaped hood. Thanks for the ride Steve. And when you're brave enough, thank Pops as well ;).

So at 17 was kind of "car grounded". Me and my bud pushed it out the driveway, and down about 4 houses before we hopped in to make our escape. Made it two blocks when the cherries went on behind us. Of course, the cop asks why we were pushing the car, so I confessed. He made us drive back home, and waited in his car while I asked permission. I stuck my head in the door and yelled out that I was needing to take the car out. My dad responds "Oh, I thought you already took it, but thanks for asking". I went out, the cop gave me the nod, and we drove off.

About ten years later, at a family gathering me and the bros were sharing those stories we never would have told while still living at home, you know the ones. Well, my dad starts to recount the time me and my bud pushed the car down the street, got pulled over by the cops, and had to come back to ask for permission. I was dumbfounded, as no one knew that one! I looked at him, he smiled and nodded.. yep.

Grant

I never did it to my parents because they never had anything worth sneaking out, but i was an accomplice a few times. My buddy's parents had a 79' chevy 4x4 with a decent 383 in it and they had a 2000ish supercharged buick regal. Both were fun and got him into a ton of trouble.

Never did it to my parents because: 1)never had anything worth while 2) my dad was old school and would beat me within an inch of my life.

But...two of my freinds would do it all the time,just to cruise the 'vard and cause mayhem!

the possible pain outweighed the possible enjoyment....kids got beatings back then and there was no authorities to say anything except "You must of did somthing to deserve it"...but We survived

Not sure how old you are, but i was born in '82 and that's how I was raised. You eff up big enough, you cut your own switch and hope it was satisfactory. Kids born in the '90's and later generally, in my personal experiance, need to get a few *** woopins to straighten out was is destined to be a depressing future of entitlement society.

I would never have taken my Dad's car but me and my buddy would take his older brother's new Cordoba for late night cruises around 1979, 1980. His brother had no idea until we told him years later. It was wine colored and had a 360 IIRC and t-bar roof. Nice car.

Back in 1971 I was 13 and was sitting in my dad's 69 AMC Ambassador station wagon while he was at work, he worked close enough to walk. I was sitting there behind the wheel and thought I would simulate starting the car that had the ignition switch on the column. I tried to turn it and the car started! Apparently this was the first year for the column switch and they didn't have it figured out yet. I drove the car several times after that and he never knew it. A couple of times he complained about just filling the car up with gas and could not figure out why he had to fill it up again so soon! Thank goodness he never charted the odometer mileage...

nay, first of all nothing we own is worth sneaking off in. the vehicles with the biggest engines in our yard are vans with small blocks and thats not really cool. luckily I scored my valiant at 15 last year before I got my license and its pretty dece. but I have a friend that hustled his dads 70's nova with a chevy small block, it was decent.

Never had to sneak the keys, they were always in the ignition or on the floor, even when there was an escapee from the state mental hospital(20 miles away)or the state prison(30 miles away). We lived on a state highway with no nearby neighbors, and county sheriff told us that it was better to leave the keys in the car than have someone break in the house to get the keys.

Man I miss my old 68 :( There's no better view then those "valve" covers on that beautifully shaped hood. Thanks for the ride Steve. And when you're brave enough, thank Pops as well ;).

So at 17 was kind of "car grounded". Me and my bud pushed it out the driveway, and down about 4 houses before we hopped in to make our escape. Made it two blocks when the cherries went on behind us. Of course, the cop asks why we were pushing the car, so I confessed. He made us drive back home, and waited in his car while I asked permission. I stuck my head in the door and yelled out that I was needing to take the car out. My dad responds "Oh, I thought you already took it, but thanks for asking". I went out, the cop gave me the nod, and we drove off.

About ten years later, at a family gathering me and the bros were sharing those stories we never would have told while still living at home, you know the ones. Well, my dad starts to recount the time me and my bud pushed the car down the street, got pulled over by the cops, and had to come back to ask for permission. I was dumbfounded, as no one knew that one! I looked at him, he smiled and nodded.. yep.

Grant

Great story Grant! Sorry bout the sound quality, I know the car is loud, but I didnt think it would be that bad. I wanna invest in a good mount for the camera. Ive snuck other cars in the past, but never got called out on it.....yet

Thanks
Steve

drove my dads 72 chevelle around once.. but that of course was to burn bad gas

Boy! Your Dad should kick your but!
driving with one hand and videoing with the other. LOL (nice dash)

See you two in Brampton the weekend after next???

Kenny

-
Back