You missing USPS psckages? Maybe here is what happened to them...

-
yea

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woclJ4qLg3A"]YouTube[/ame]

there have been times that I wonder if its personal......they probably see my name coming through the sorter and say "its her again.....bash her packages in and throw them out"

we never found Mr. Cosgig's crossmember even after sending a pic of it and description to the sorting facility in Denver where the tracking number was stuck for over a month.:protest:

Attachments

• CIMG2173.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 384
  • CIMG2176 (2).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 379
Just wait until the govt take over your health care...the ambulance will stop...and throw you out on the way to the hospital...LOL

When I was living in Hawaii I use to fly night cargo that included taking USPS mail and packages to and from Honolulu to all the other islands. I was flying twin turboprops - too small for roll-on / roll-off containerized cargo like they have on the bigger jets. So all the mail was in "flats", small packages were in "sacks" and the larger packages were loose and everything was floor loaded.

When I taxiied into the transload ramp at Honolulu I was met by a group of min-wage cargo handler guys driving a tug with a couple of container trailers in tow. They would park the container trailers as close to the cargo door on the plane as they could, but it would still be about 10-15' away from the door (they couldn't get it any closer due to the wing and tail). They would open the cargo door and start "unloading" - by that I mean literally throwing the sacks and packages the 10-15' from the aircrafts door to the container trailer! You would hear things crunching and breaking all of the time! :wack:

Talked to the cargo handlers supervisor a couple of times about and all he had to say was that they were under a tight time constraint to get the mail into the Honolulu USPS sort facillity before a certain time - if they were late, USPS would slap 'em with a late fee and fine. Then with a cheesy grin he would ad ... "besides, thats what they have package insurance for - hope they got some!" :banghead:

Actually, I think I saw him throwing the crossmember over the ravine, and laughing hysterically!! Darned Chivvy guys anyway!!!....

When I worked in NJ the USPS had private contractors hauling mail to smaller Post Offices. One of the offices handled donations for an animal group. Folks started complaining about checks not getting cashed....one thing led to another and the Postal Inspectors/Federal Marshalls ended up at this guys house. He was not stealing a letter or tow he was stealing whole cages. Each one had 33 letter trays with several hundred letters per tray. He was found with 23 cages in his yard.

In my time in Phoenix I know of at least a dozen people that got busted for stealing. They would never bust someone the first time they saw them stealing...Inspectors would wait til they had the employee on tape at least a couple dozen times.....

And there I was, getting grief for storing postal scotch tape, that I needed for my job, in my locker...

When I was living in Hawaii I use to fly night cargo that included taking USPS mail and packages to and from Honolulu to all the other islands. I was flying twin turboprops - too small for roll-on / roll-off containerized cargo like they have on the bigger jets. So all the mail was in "flats", small packages were in "sacks" and the larger packages were loose and everything was floor loaded.

When I taxiied into the transload ramp at Honolulu I was met by a group of min-wage cargo handler guys driving a tug with a couple of container trailers in tow. They would park the container trailers as close to the cargo door on the plane as they could, but it would still be about 10-15' away from the door (they couldn't get it any closer due to the wing and tail). They would open the cargo door and start "unloading" - by that I mean literally throwing the sacks and packages the 10-15' from the aircrafts door to the container trailer! You would hear things crunching and breaking all of the time! :wack:

Talked to the cargo handlers supervisor a couple of times about and all he had to say was that they were under a tight time constraint to get the mail into the Honolulu USPS sort facillity before a certain time - if they were late, USPS would slap 'em with a late fee and fine. Then with a cheesy grin he would ad ... "besides, thats what they have package insurance for - hope they got some!" :banghead:

Post office ran the same way inside. Used to do dispatches in NJ. Driver had to leave at 6 a.m., clerks would still be sorting mail at 5:59.....I would have to run thru the plant because the driver was leaving at 6, mail or no mail...

These videos show S.O.P. for package handling. I can't tell you the number of times I visited the the post office late at night to get the previous day's mail from our PO box. I usually park in the customer parking lot at the end of the loading docks. While walking to and from the car, i can literally hear packages being thrown into the trailers being loaded. It's an unmistakable sound.

Poor business practice for sure, but not uncommon.

These videos show S.O.P. for package handling. I can't tell you the number of times I visited the the post office late at night to get the previous day's mail from our PO box. I usually park in the customer parking lot at the end of the loading docks. While walking to and from the car, i can literally hear packages being thrown into the trailers being loaded. It's an unmistakable sound.

Poor business practice for sure, but not uncommon.

You ever actually see the volume of mail being processed? If every package were gently placed on the trailer floor the USPS would be in an even deeper hole $ wise, there would be so much more OT it would send the $ of a stamp skyrocketing...
Why do you think when ever one of those "boo hoo the USPS wrecked a package thread comes up I always say that the shipper NEEDS to see to it that there is zero open air space in the box as the open air space is what causes the collapse....but hell, what do I know....I only worked there for 20 years....much easier to just p*ss and moan about something than to actually understand how something works.....and package things correctly...

USPS used to allow tours prior to 9/11. They really need to start again, so the public can see how much mail is actually processed daily. Perhaps then some of the whining would ease up...

You ever actually see the volume of mail being processed?

Yes. My Brother-in-law worked at the main PO in Newark, NJ. He's retired now. Retired as post master in Marlboro, NJ.

I also have 22 years of personal experience in operations management, and as a VP of Ops. in a very large multi-national corporation, and I know what it takes to handle and move extremely high volumes of merchandise. My specialty, for 22 years plus was the movement of materials, locally, domestically, and internationally on a schedule, and with minimal loss or damage. But then what do I know, I only made it happen for 22 years (1970-1992), and I can tell you this, the postal service's methods a handling material was obsolete back in the 70's, and except for routing methods, the handling procedures are still antiquated.

That's not all their fault, either, for decades they've been losing money, so the funding for upgrades hasn't been there. Headlines say it pretty clearly: USPS reports $1.9B loss in 3-month period (By Tyler DunnPublished: May 9, 2014). With efficiency like that, it's difficult to justify dumping in more money to be flushed.

Loading "Hi and tight" with time constraints and unreasonable deadlines is not a USPS exclusive.

...and stop taking everything said so personally. Geez!

Just wait until the govt take over your health care...the ambulance will stop...and throw you out on the way to the hospital...LOL

You mean like this???

[ame]http://youtu.be/ly2IrnT-3Vc[/ame]

Or this may also happen....

[ame]http://youtu.be/1o-2D37TrPI[/ame]

Or this:

[ame]http://youtu.be/QNxaMtBuiUo[/ame]

You ever actually see the volume of mail being processed? If every package were gently placed on the trailer floor the USPS would be in an even deeper hole $ wise, there would be so much more OT it would send the $ of a stamp skyrocketing...
Why do you think when ever one of those "boo hoo the USPS wrecked a package thread comes up I always say that the shipper NEEDS to see to it that there is zero open air space in the box as the open air space is what causes the collapse....but hell, what do I know....I only worked there for 20 years....much easier to just p*ss and moan about something than to actually understand how something works.....and package things correctly...

USPS used to allow tours prior to 9/11. They really need to start again, so the public can see how much mail is actually processed daily. Perhaps then some of the whining would ease up...

It is a combination of laziness, incompetence, and flat-out MALICE. I should NOT have to pack something to survive an airplane crash to mail it! I should NOT have packages left out in the rain THREE FEET AWAY FROM A COVERED PORCH! I had an oil sample container returned to me that looked like someone had run over it with a forklift! (I suspect that was because someone DID, in fact, run over it with a forklift.)

It is a combination of laziness, incompetence, and flat-out MALICE. I should NOT have to pack something to survive an airplane crash to mail it! I should NOT have packages left out in the rain THREE FEET AWAY FROM A COVERED PORCH! I had an oil sample container returned to me that looked like someone had run over it with a forklift! (I suspect that was because someone DID, in fact, run over it with a forklift.)

exactly ....all we need to understand is that we pay them to ship and we expect it done and done right ......shouldn't need a class to send something out when its their job.

-
Back