Your expertise is wanted/needed

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart. Its got a 318 auto. My plan is this, I would like a 4bbl carb , headers..(have), Intake..(have ), And a mild cam. Thats it. No racing just a bit of fun now and then. Can i get away with a mild cam, headers and a stock 4bbl intake? Do i need a more than stock intake? Yes im new at this but you all always pointt me in the right direction......Thank you.

use the parts you got....and look for deals for the future....nothing wrong with stock intake except they weight a ton...and are not pretty

Thanks.......I was woundering about the intake with a mild cam? Stock will be OK or a performance intake would be better? Carb size? havent a clue

I like this one a little better. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-693942/
It has slightly less duration for no problems with needing extra stall from the converter. IDK if the above one needs more stall for driveabilty.

It has enuff to power the car into the 14's while maintaining great drivabiltiy and a good idle.

A OE 340 intake or a Edelbrock Performer will do great and the engine can use a 600 cfm carb or a small primary TQ.

(A nice improvement in gear ratio would be a 3.23 ratio hooked to a suregrip.)

Yeah that one I like may be a tad large for a teen. It's hell in a 360 though. lol

LOL!!!Both cams work like hell!Like wide l/c cams.Crane cams work.Seriously,if bucks down a performer and Thermquad will surpise you!Best part,expect at least 2 to 3 miles per gallon better.

I had the cam I posted in a STOCK bore and stroke and compression 360. It blueprinted at 8.1. Iron intake, STOCK J heads, Thermoquad, stout 904 with factory high stall converter and 3.23 gears. First time out on the strip with slicks it went 13.99. 'I eventually got it in the mid 13s. The only thing it had that was not stock was the cam, timing set, headers and a Moroso carb pan to seal the carb to the hood scoop. I suspect though, that the cam rumblefish posted would be a better one for the 318. Unless of course you went a little hotter with a converter and gear.

-
Back