your thoughts on this Scamp

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/4821312589.html

He's asking 6K firm.

Claims he's put $7000 into the car and has receipts.

I cant see anything from the pictures that would indicate that he's spent any money fixing up the car.

Looks like factory paint, vinyl top has been removed and spray painted black, front seat is white, rear is black, dashpad is cracked in several places. Missing one or more centercaps from the rally wheels.

I'm thinking this is more like a $3500 - $4000 dollar car. Am I wrong ?

7k put into it?????

Maybe the 7k put into it is hidden under the seat or something becaude I don't see it either

your assessment is good, it would be easy to put $$ in it if he didn't do any of the work, simple brakes & suspension work can add up quickly at shop rates.
besides you can't go up once you've posted a price.

Lawrence

Looks like alot of filler in the quarters from that picture of the right side. Like pits in it... His receipts probably span the decades the truth is the paint was cheap when it was sprayed and it's clapped out now, and the rest of the car looks worn original. I'd keep a cap of $2500 on it and I'd get a very close look at the bodywork - bring a magnet.

didn't the auction's just end, BJ, mecum & the like?
seller needs better photos. Lawrence

I figure he has a receipt from his brother where he paid him $6925 for the car and a $75 gas receipt. I honestly don't even see a $3500 car.

your assessment is good, it would be easy to put $$ in it if he didn't do any of the work, simple brakes & suspension work can add up quickly at shop rates.
besides you can go up once you've posted a price.

Lawrence
agreed × 2

NOT only do people watch berett Jackson and see a 71 hemi cuda (matching #) go for hundreds of thousands and think that there $400 beat up - rusted out scamp is worth thousands ? They take them to a shop and pay $600 to put on $100 worth the parts.

My very favorite is when someone wants to pass there bad business decisions on?

I figure he has a receipt from his brother where he paid him $6925 for the car and a $75 gas receipt. I honestly don't even see a $3500 car.

his brother ripped him off

I wouldn't pay more then 3 for that car and that is only with a full tank of premium

He's askin 6. Don't want it? Move on.

Doesn't matter how much he spent...only what someone will pay. Give him time to learn this and then offer a fair price in a couple of months. ;-)

I'd bet it's a 904 with a 7-1/4" rear, pegleg.
$7000??? Where? The last 25 years of tires, maintenance and insurance?
A friend of mine has almost that exact car ('71, Sassy Grass, Black vinyl top, 318, AC, etc.), with 69K on the clock, used by a lot of people at Carlisle as a reference car, and I think he'd be real lucky to be able to get $6000 for his...
That car needs a LOT to be anywhere near my friends car.

-
Back