Z-bar bracket weld-in

-

dust

B5PistolGrip.com
Reaction score
What are the measurements for where this bracket should be installed in the wheel well? The car has been modified to have a 4-speed so I cannot trust the ball stud location. 1972 Duster.

2016-05-15 14.31.49.jpg

I just eye balled mine from a picture on bigblockdart.com

As far as the hole goes. If the z bar isn't straight you'd be better off modifying the bell housing ball stud bracket.

What a minute I think I may be misunderstanding the question here? I converted my car into a 4-speed and the hole is in the correct place regardless if it had an automatic or not. The piece of metal that you're holding there in your hand is just a brace of sorts because the sheet metal is too thin to hold the stud. I personally just use some big washers and welded them in on the back side of the hole to give stability. If you're asking how it needs to be oriented I'm sure it doesn't matter as long as the holes line up but if you're looking for some kind of stock positioning then yeah I would just look at a picture.
Also if it's not lining up With that hole on the other side at the transmission you could have the wrong bracket on the transmission or your motor and transmission could be out of alignment.

Just went through this, Here is a picture of the welded in bracket

Pivot bracket mounting Dart.jpg

Here are few pictures that will help. I ended up adding a tab on the engine compartment side because the inner fender was torn.

Clutch 1.jpg

Clutch 2.jpg

Clutch 3.jpg

Clutch 4.jpg

-
Back