14" Disk brakes

-
Geez guy. We get it. It's his car though and he asked about converting to disc brakes. He didn't ask for a why or why not disc brake discussion. Let's keep him on the right topic, ok?
I can't ask the OP why ?

That would of been the end of the conversation until all the other busy bodies got into it.

I can't ask the OP why ?

That would of been the end of the conversation until all the other busy bodies got into it.
Well sure, but WHY keep on and on about it? .......and btw, I agree with your overall point. But if someone wants to build their car their way, let um.

Well sure, but WHY keep on and on about it? .......and btw, I agree with your overall point. But if someone wants to build their car their way, let um.
When people comment on my posts I generally reply, no comments no replies :)

Don't know the company or quality but seems like it might work, they have rear too. (but seem like for only 8 3\4)

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake Conversion Kit & Chrome Booster Conversion 5x4 Bolt Pattern
***Fit's Most 14" Wheels. This kit will not fit the skinniest or most narrow 14" wheel that Mopar ever made. The measurement requirement are a minimum 13.25" overall inside diameter with at least a minimum of 4" backspacing. Anything less than that will not allow the calipers to clear the wheel. It's your responsibility to measure and know before ordering! Buyer is responsible for return shipping and 15% restock fee for any kit returned.***

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake & Chrome Booster Conversion Kit

• 1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake & Chrome Booster Conversion Kit
  • Image 2
  • Image 3
  • Image 4
  • Image 5
  • Image 6
  • Image 7
  • Image 8
  • Image 9

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake Conversion Kit & Chrome Booster Conversion 5x4 Bolt Pattern​

$983.00
SKU:
DBK6272A-40LX-MP-312
Shipping:
Free Shipping. Faster Options Available At Checkout.

Complete Chrome Power Brake Booster Conversion Kit with Front Performance Disc Brakes for 1962-74 A Body Mopar​

1962-1974 Mopar A Body Disc Brake Kit Small Bolt Pattern
  • 11" Drilled & Slotted Rotors 5x4 Bolt Pattern
  • Large 2.75" Bore MOPAR Slider Type Calipers With Pads!!!
  • Backing Plates
  • Stock Height Spindles
  • Stainless Steel Hoses
  • Bearings/ Seals / Dust Caps & all Hardware
  • 8" Dual Chrome Power Brake Booster
  • 1" Bore Aluminum Chrome Master Cylinder
  • Black Powder Coated Booster Bracket
  • Adjustable Proportioning Valve

• Lower control arm and steering arm combo

• Upper control arm bushing kit. Retain your existing upper control arms with this adapter.

Why ?

The OP could easily spend over a grand upgrading the brakes if that's what he really wants to do that's fine, but sometimes people get unnecessary mods in their heads that they may not of needed to do, I was just checking before he spends money, I have no vested interest either way.

Chances are drum or disc the car will never see an accident does going to disc slightly improved the odds yes by a possible $1000 + worth ?

Have you priced out ANY parts lately?

You could do $1,000 worth of damage in a 5mph fender bender. Bent bumper and a broken grille, already over $1k. If it needs any paint, well over $1k.

If you drive in modern traffic, I guarantee no one will give you enough space to stop with a 4 wheel drum set up. And even if you leave that much room to the next car, someone will put 2 cars in it before you can back off more.

Don't know the company or quality but seems like it might work, they have rear too. (but seem like for only 8 3\4)

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake Conversion Kit & Chrome Booster Conversion 5x4 Bolt Pattern
***Fit's Most 14" Wheels. This kit will not fit the skinniest or most narrow 14" wheel that Mopar ever made. The measurement requirement are a minimum 13.25" overall inside diameter with at least a minimum of 4" backspacing. Anything less than that will not allow the calipers to clear the wheel. It's your responsibility to measure and know before ordering! Buyer is responsible for return shipping and 15% restock fee for any kit returned.***

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake & Chrome Booster Conversion Kit

• 1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake & Chrome Booster Conversion Kit
  • Image 2
  • Image 3
  • Image 4
  • Image 5
  • Image 6
  • Image 7
  • Image 8
  • Image 9

1962-1972 Mopar A Body Premium Disc Brake Conversion Kit & Chrome Booster Conversion 5x4 Bolt Pattern​

$983.00
SKU:
DBK6272A-40LX-MP-312
Shipping:
Free Shipping. Faster Options Available At Checkout.

Complete Chrome Power Brake Booster Conversion Kit with Front Performance Disc Brakes for 1962-74 A Body Mopar​

1962-1974 Mopar A Body Disc Brake Kit Small Bolt Pattern
  • 11" Drilled & Slotted Rotors 5x4 Bolt Pattern
  • Large 2.75" Bore MOPAR Slider Type Calipers With Pads!!!
  • Backing Plates
  • Stock Height Spindles
  • Stainless Steel Hoses
  • Bearings/ Seals / Dust Caps & all Hardware
  • 8" Dual Chrome Power Brake Booster
  • 1" Bore Aluminum Chrome Master Cylinder
  • Black Powder Coated Booster Bracket
  • Adjustable Proportioning Valve

• Lower control arm and steering arm combo

• Upper control arm bushing kit. Retain your existing upper control arms with this adapter.

That’s just a piratejack kit. It’s just the same 73+ Mopar disk swap that has already been suggested, and DoctorDiff sells a similar kit with BETTER components and actual customer service. It’s the 73+ factory disks with an option to have them drilled for SBP.

So you’d save a couple bucks, get all Chinese parts, and no support by going with PirateJack.

Oh, and that kit does not work with all 14” SBP wheels, especially factory SBP drum wheels.

If you drive in modern traffic, I guarantee no one will give you enough space to stop with a 4 wheel drum set up. And even if you leave that much room to the next car, someone will put 2 cars in it before you can back off more.

this. and it can't be emphasized enough, is the truth.

unless you live out in BFE or only tootle to get ice cream on sunday mornings drums aren't going to cut it in the city with normal modern traffic.

i drive my D300 pretty regularly in traffic and despite it being a ginormous orange truck with a flat bed people still look at me, make eye contact and then proceed to pull out directly in front of me without the slightest comprehension or thought that i need room to stop.

and it's even worse with an old car because there's no "intimidation factor" of a big *** truck bearing down on them.

Have you priced out ANY parts lately?

You could do $1,000 worth of damage in a 5mph fender bender. Bent bumper and a broken grille, already over $1k. If it needs any paint, well over $1k.

I get what your saying, Not try to talk the OP out of doing it, if the dude got the cash to dump on the brakes and don't care fair enough never said don't do it, just unless what you got is being obviously inadequate then you probably don't NEED to do it. Why does that bother YOU/OTHERS so much, do you think everyone with drum brakes right now shouldn't drive their car until the brakes are upgraded ? Should drum brake car be illegal until updated ? If not, it's not a mandatory mod it's an optional mod that one day it may come in handy and pay for itself but on average it won't. Just my opinion deal with it, you guy's can be tedious sometimes.
That’s just a piratejack kit. It’s just the same 73+ Mopar disk swap that has already been suggested, and DoctorDiff sells a similar kit with BETTER components and actual customer service. It’s the 73+ factory disks with an option to have them drilled for SBP.

So you’d save a couple bucks, get all Chinese parts, and no support by going with PirateJack.

Oh, and that kit does not work with all 14” SBP wheels, especially factory SBP drum wheels.
Just showed the first kit I found for sbp, not meant to prove something, I'm not trying to say me right you guy's wrong, just he may been lead to believe from the internet that disc are a must or maybe not, I just ask the OP a question, apparently that's too much for you guy's to handle :)

you guy's can be tedious sometimes.
that's rich coming from somebody that loves to explore the fringe benefits of camshaft center lines, valve percentage area to lift and flow capabilities in multiple long read threads.

I get what your saying, Not try to talk the OP out of doing it, if the dude got the cash to dump on the brakes and don't care fair enough never said don't do it, just unless what you got is being obviously inadequate then you probably don't NEED to do it. Why does that bother YOU/OTHERS so much, do you think everyone with drum brakes right now shouldn't drive their car until the brakes are upgraded ? Should drum brake car be illegal until updated ? If not, it's not a mandatory mod it's an optional mod that one day it may come in handy and pay for itself but on average it won't. Just my opinion deal with it, you guy's can be tedious sometimes.

Just showed the first kit I found for sbp, not meant to prove something, I'm not trying to say me right you guy's wrong, just he may been lead to believe from the internet that disc are a must or maybe not, I just ask the OP a question, apparently that's too much for you guy's to handle :)

You sir, are the one being tedious.

The OP asked about DISK conversions. We gave him that information.

You’re the one trying to talk him into inferior brakes, despite not having asked at all what kind of driving he’ll be doing. Some of us like to actually drive our cars.

No one has said anything about drums being dangerous for all cars/applications, and absolutely no one has said anything about making them illegal.

The thread was never about drum brakes!!!

that's rich coming from somebody that loves to explore the fringe benefits of camshaft center lines, valve percentage area to lift and flow capabilities in multiple long read threads.
No ones forcing anyone to participant in any of my threads.

I asked F%&king question to the OP and you all got to crawl up my *** about it, the OP could of answered or ignored and we all could move on with our day.

If you guy's want to stop responding stop commenting, or keep commenting and I'll probably keep responding :)

You sir, are the one being tedious.

The OP asked about DISK conversions. We gave him that information.

You’re the one trying to talk him into inferior brakes, despite not having asked at all what kind of driving he’ll be doing. Some of us like to actually drive our cars.

No one has said anything about drums being dangerous for all cars/applications, and absolutely no one has said anything about making them illegal.

The thread was never about drum brakes!!!
I asked him a question that's it, you guy's are the ones making arguments I'm just replying to your ****.

When people go on about dumping torsion bars for coilovers you don't defend stock setup, like F you don't.

The OP asked for sbp disc brake solution only RRR offered a real solution for the OP the rest of ya brought up bbp can't follow directions how dare you bring up something not ask for.

Last edited:
-
Back