1963 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible for the Wife

-
Jim, I just recently joined this message board because I acquired a '63 Dart GT convertible last year and I am just now realizing how difficult it is to find certain replacement parts. I am just AMAZED at what you have done here. It is both an honor and a treat to see what you have documented thus far. You are a true, skilled craftsman and I look forward to seeing the video of you turning the key and driving away with your (sorry, your wife's ... lol) finished ride. Keep doing what you're doing, man! You have a new fan out here in California.
They are tricky but if you start looking early and have a search running on eBay they will pop up.

Just order a few of these I designed for the Dual One Barrels... We will see how they turn out, then @billccm can tell me what I did wrong!

HyperPak.jpg

117307123_3232939113408650_1334621638656404053_n.jpg

Jim, I just recently joined this message board because I acquired a '63 Dart GT convertible last year and I am just now realizing how difficult it is to find certain replacement parts. I am just AMAZED at what you have done here. It is both an honor and a treat to see what you have documented thus far. You are a true, skilled craftsman and I look forward to seeing the video of you turning the key and driving away with your (sorry, your wife's ... lol) finished ride. Keep doing what you're doing, man! You have a new fan out here in California.

Have you seen the Duster thread with my daughter and my Coronet thread on FBBO? It was just on Dennis Gage My Classic Car Tubac Az in April. Lots more tips tricks and failure recoveries!
1972 Duster Build with my Daughter
1968 Coronet 500 Project

Dash is in for good (I hope).... vapor barriers in (Lowes 6 mil plastic, one roll has done 4 cars), letting the carpet layout for a week and mocked in the windshield chrome!

View attachment 1715571990 View attachment 1715571991 View attachment 1715571992 View attachment 1715571993 View attachment 1715571994 View attachment 1715571995 View attachment 1715571996
Ohhh those kick panels look GOOOOOOOD! that's the first time I've seen em in a car that open. THANKS!!!!

Prove positive that Vodka, a credit card and the internet don't mix.... just bought California Car Covers for all 3 cars.... :eek:

The CCC's will work very well with your cars. I have two of them for my race car, one is for rainy weather & damp nights, the other is for when it's stored.

The CCC's will work very well with your cars. I have two of them for my race car, one is for rainy weather & damp nights, the other is for when it's stored.

I bought the indoors one with the highest rating for ding resistance :)

Chemical Guys gold microfiber towels are the best I've ever used. They last forever and stay plush.

Spent the morning in the trunk.... by 12:30 my coveralls where soaked with sweat so I am done for the day...

New fuel filler that fits the new cap tightly, not the correct jack but I made it work for now. The right jack does not have a separate "J" hook. Fuel tank and lines all done.

DSC_1073.jpg
DSC_1074.jpg
DSC_1075.jpg
DSC_1076.jpg
DSC_1077.jpg
DSC_1078.jpg
DSC_1079.jpg
DSC_1080.jpg
DSC_1081.jpg
DSC_1082.jpg

Never throw away anything, I found the plugs for the back of the headlights on the original harness.... never would have thought to remove them.... a couple of plastic bushings helped shim the crumpled ring that the metal shop straighten so the hood would not hit it ever again. Almost perfect lines now...

DSC_1083.jpg
DSC_1084.jpg
DSC_1085.jpg
DSC_1086.jpg
DSC_1087.jpg
DSC_1088.jpg
DSC_1089.jpg
DSC_1090.jpg
DSC_1091.jpg
DSC_1092.jpg

The guy I got my new cluster from showed me where these shields go.... I would have NEVER figured that out... All that is left to do is 6 hours of buffing on this side... when it is cooler....
DSC_1093.jpg
DSC_1094.jpg
DSC_1095.jpg

Car is completely cut and buffed. Installed all the chrome on the quarter ridge and test fit the convertible top trim. Almost dropped it off the jack stands getting it down.... I need a real lift :)

DSC_1096.jpg
DSC_1097.jpg
DSC_1098.jpg
DSC_1099.jpg
DSC_1100.jpg
DSC_1101.jpg
DSC_1102.jpg
DSC_1103.jpg

your making everyone else want a 63' too
cripes, don't break it now :eek:
Funny you say that because I was recently having a conversation with someone about how overlooked Chrysler A bodies are for 1963. I think it is because of the lack of options including no v8 option in 63.

Funny you say that because I was recently having a conversation with someone about how overlooked Chrysler A bodies are for 1963. I think it is because of the lack of options including no v8 option in 63.
i can see that, if someone cares about a restore. if you don't care it's easy to add everything you want. $$ aside. i don't know why people don't like the early 60's front ends, they all look fantastic to me

-
Back