1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Picture of the engine compartment. There are drips on the places I had them before.

Attachments

• unnamed 1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 522
  • unnamed.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 524
OMG your Dart looks great!! Maybe i should get to work on mine - same color!

Congratulations on getting the car painted! Looks very nice! Now comes the fun part of putting all the pretty restored pieces onto the body.

BTW, I ordered a fuel sender ground strap from my local dealer using the part number Dan supplied. I was just curious whether it was the same as the one I had ordered a few years ago. When I get it I'll post a pic.
Dallas

Looks great Ulf :cheers:

Now, were you able to sleep much or too excited to get the car home? :-D

Thanks for the comments guys!

Now the plans for the assembling starts. Butfirst gold paint. These Pictures came today from Michael and Togga.

Keith! I could do some sleep. But I must admit that my thoughts were how to start assembling the car back together!

Dallas! Looking forward to see the newly ordered ground strap how it looks like.

Pick up will be on Friday morning. The assembly line starts on Saturday morning!

Attachments

• unnamed 4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 483
  • unnamed 3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 481
  • unnamed 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 518
The car really looks great Ulf. It will be even more fun to see it go together. tmm

Got the ground strap. List was around $14 and cost was a little under $10.
Silver color and 8" long. This is the part number Dan mentioned. Looks just like the one I got a few years ago.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_1825.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1826.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 496
After a long waiting for the job to be done by the the old man the tail light housings is finally done. They looks great.

Roger Gibson did a superb job to recreate the factory assembly line look. I can't even imagine that that was the way the upper control arms looked from the beginning!

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJHgFFmDU0F7eBR-+Qpv6T!~~60_3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC_0002_edited-1 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 455
The rear lamp housings look fantastic!

The control arms are beautiful, but they are very, very, very over-restored. They didn't look anywhere near that nice from the factory (and they weren't silver...or shiny).

The rear lamp housings look fantastic!

The control arms are beautiful, but they are very, very, very over-restored. They didn't look anywhere near that nice from the factory (and they weren't silver...or shiny).

Dan! I will have a closer look sat it when it arrives from US.I don't have a clue how it should look like. But to me it's shiny too. But I have nothing to compare with!

Today has been an assembly day.Everything has gone just as I wanted except I had forgotto order a repop firewall insulation pad. All I have ever seen are in two parts nowadays. The factory ones was a one piece unit. Have anyone else seen theone påece pad?

This is how the two piece units looks like.

Attachments

• mj0Ad2bmsi-qBPSR6qSHIgA.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 010.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 436
  • 009.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 451
  • 008.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 007.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 006.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 436
  • 005.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 450
  • 003.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 002.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 435
  • 001.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 449
You probably know this already, but if you order a repop firewall insulation, also order the correct looking install plastic nails. Most of the firewall insulation kits I have seen come with non original mounting nails.
Aaron

Read what I meant, not what I typed!
redbeard.gif

You probably know this already, but if you order a repop firewall insulation, also order the correct looking install plastic nails. Most of the firewall insulation kits I have seen come with non original mounting nails.
Aaron

Aaron! I was able to buy a set of NOS plastic nails from a Dodge dealership in Pendleton, Oregon, Round Up City Dodge. I bought them because I thought that some day I will paint a 65 Dodge and then it would be easy so put in new nails. Of cause we laughed about who would be using a new factory firewall insulation. Nobody would ever do that!! So we dumped that one!! :banghead:

That was 1996 and today it would be worth alot to me!!

Thanks guys! I'm gonna need it!

I couldn't believe that it would be so much fun just adding new stuff to a painted body. Except for the Olympics and showeling snow I been in the shop the whole weekend.

The headlamps that Dan (slantsixdan) was able to find for me looks super nice as well as the new grille and the headlight bezels.

The plastic plugs on the inner fender was trícky but after cleaning over 15 of them I found two that was mint!

The looking thing on the inside door opening looks good with new screws and all. But the NOS screws I bought on Ebay for 1965-1966 Dart was all wrong. That is the first time since 1996 that I have been screwed!

The hood and trunk mecanisms looks good in place. Will need to adjust them in position before tightening the bolts.

The rubber mouldings that goes on each side above the rear bumper will be mounted too. Can't just find the right screws. But the finish is right at least!

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 005.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 420
  • 004.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 382
  • 003.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 002.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 395
  • 001.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 007.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 412
Are you going to paint the core support area behind the grille black? Body color looks so un-Mopar!

-
Back