1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
I will let you know later Ulf when I get back home, sorry for the late reply!

No worries mate!

Today while polishing the stainless steel moulding I found the moulding that goes on the inside door panel. Then I rember seeing it from way back that some cars had someking of reflex material in the door moulding. Was that standard in US of optional or was it just some Swedish work of art?

While checking out the mouldings I found an NOS left side upper moulding with clips for my car. Christmas was one day earlier this year!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 518
  • 004.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 522
  • 005.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 532
some cars had someking of reflex material in the door moulding. Was that standard in US of optional or was it just some Swedish work of art?

What exactly do you mean by "reflex material"?

In middle of the door panel moulding is a refective tejp so when you open the door it will be seen from behind the car. Safety reason.

Mine had it on the door panel. It was really thin brittle stuff that peeled real easily. I'm not sure if legendary auto interiors replacement door panels have that. Aside from that I have no idea where you would find something like that to reproduce that look.

Ah, thought that might be what you meant. Might have been a Swedish legal requirement; Volvos and Saabs back then all came with retroreflective stickers to show an open door. It was definitely not required in the US or Canada at that time (and still isn't). I don't recall any '65 literature referring to any such a safety feature, either.

How to reproduce it? Depending on the original material you'd either apply a white paint and then blow glass beads onto the wet paint so they stick to the paint and are retained when it dries, or you'd use retroreflective sheeting (self-adhesive retroreflective material) -- in a 1965 application it would have been what we now know as ASTM Type I or ASTM Type II sheeting.

I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. Can it have been a Swedish thing only. I know for sure that Legendary don't reproduce these stainless steel mouldings. I will start polishing mine tomorrow.

Ulf am I supposed to call the freight terminal in LA to let them know that the intake is coming? It actually should be there any day now.

Ulf am I supposed to call the freight terminal in LA to let them know that the intake is coming? It actually should be there any day now.

Rick! Just give me the track and trace info as well as the name of the shipping company. That's what California Shipping wants. However you need to send me an invoice so I can send the payment to you.

Here is the inside door panels. My original ones just had the stainless steel moulding on the doors and on the inside quarter panel.

The picture with the reddoor panels is frommy brother inlawsSweden sold Dart GT. And as you can see it has e refective stripe inside the moulding.

So it might have been a Sweden special after all!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 002.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 480
  • mms_20121225.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 506
  • mms_20121225_2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 489
I hope I didn't ship it to the wrong place. I have the tracking info. I sent it to the address you have me for California shipping co. I sent you over a PayPal invoice so check your email when you get a chance. Ill also pm you the tracking number.

When I start polishing the stainless steel mouldings for the door panel I would never ever figure out that over the years they will get scratched so much!!

The rears one is pretty ok. After three hours they was done and looked new. But the front ones!! The drivers side has not been beaten up so bad. Three hours and it was done!! The right side will be continued tomorrow.

The clips for the door panels seems to have the same finish as the clips for the mouldings.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 470
  • 003.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 475
  • 001.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 002.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 469
  • 005.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 008.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 501
When I start polishing the stainless steel mouldings for the door panel I would never ever figure out that over the years they will get scratched so much!!

The rears one is pretty ok. After three hours they was done and looked new. But the front ones!! The drivers side has not been beaten up so bad. Three hours and it was done!! The right side will be continued tomorrow.

The clips for the door panels seems to have the same finish as the clips for the mouldings.

Do you have any up close shots to show how they turned out

Ulf, that looks pretty good! Keep in mind if I can help with any polishing advice just let me know. I'm always happy to help!

This is the last inside door panel moulding. I hope you'll see the scratches on the moulding. I'll shoot a new picture when this moulding is done.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 439
After 4 hours today the moulding starts to take shape. I have polished it one time so 4 more times and the moulding should be ready to mount on the inside door panel. Then there's the rest.......!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 005.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 432
Sorry it took so long, here are pics of the tags I found attached to the underside of my carpet. It's a 67 Dart GT Convertible, built in Hamtramck.
DSC01406_zpsafe93f6e.jpg

Sorry it took so long, here are pics of the tags I found attached to the underside of my carpet. It's a 67 Dart GT Convertible, built in Hamtramck.
DSC01406_zpsafe93f6e.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I compared and they seems both identical except that yours seems to have been on some kind of roll.

The first picture is the decal we found on my brother in laws Dart GT 1965 and the other decal was found in my 1965 Dart 270 wagon that I had years ago.

With that info and your pictures I think I can work out a decal with this input. Thanks coffeedart67! I checked the partsbook and there is some numbers that needs to be filled in.

For the front one mine should have 1759 A and Y3 below. The rear one should have 1713 A and Y3 below.

I found a picture of the decal on the air cleaner that was on my car when I bought it. However I sold it!! Lesson learded the hard way!

The polishing of the last inside door moulding is done and it turned out great. Now it's mounted on the door panbel and looks like new.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 001.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 425
  • 003.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 005.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 017.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 409
  • 007.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 006.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 407
  • 004.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 018.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 431
While working with the interior stuff I was able to compare the carpet I bought from Legendary Auto Interiors with factoryones.

The carpet I bought from Legendary is very good. The heelpad is there and the plastic thing that goes around the head light switch is there.

But that's the point where the evrything is different. The isolatin pads are different, the heel pad should be sewn on, there should be small strips of acrpet besides the back seat.

I'mgoing to measure up the factory one and send a letter to Legendary to see if they can re agrrange production!!

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 010.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 009.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 008.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 012.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 013.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 014.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 400
  • 015.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 413
While working with the interior stuff I was able to compare the carpet I bought from Legendary Auto Interiors with factoryones.

The carpet I bought from Legendary is very good. The heelpad is there and the plastic thing that goes around the head light switch is there.

But that's the point where the evrything is different. The isolatin pads are different, the heel pad should be sewn on, there should be small strips of acrpet besides the back seat.

I'mgoing to measure up the factory one and send a letter to Legendary to see if they can re agrrange production!!

personally I don't think legendary is going to care very much; most people who restore a 48 year old car are extremely happy that they can even buy carpet or any parts let alone it being completely factory correct down to the original stitching

I would be damn happy if that arrived at my doorstep!

personally I don't think legendary is going to care very much; most people who restore a 48 year old car are extremely happy that they can even buy carpet or any parts let alone it being completely factory correct down to the original stitching

I would be damn happy if that arrived at my doorstep!

I ordered carpeting from Legenday along with a 66 Barracuda interior kit for my 65 Dart wagon. The carpeting came in an Auto Custom Carpet box. Also ordered carpeting for my 87 D100 from another company and it too came in an Auto Custom Carpet box. This leads me to believe that ACC most likely makes it for everyone else. Might be better to write to ACC and see what they can do.

I ordered carpeting from Legenday along with a 66 Barracuda interior kit for my 65 Dart wagon. The carpeting came in an Auto Custom Carpet box. Also ordered carpeting for my 87 D100 from another company and it too came in an Auto Custom Carpet box. This leads me to believe that ACC most likely makes it for everyone else. Might be better to write to ACC and see what they can do.

Good idea Don! I will write them instead. Is it possible to get the address somewhere? I have been measuring the carpet today! And I need to transfer the measurement from centimeters to inches!

It would be good if they could do the carpets the way they were from the beginning. At the same time I know how they are thinking. They want a carpet that fits all!

Yes, almost all the car carpets available on the North American aftermarket are made by ACC. Best vendor I've found is stockinteriors.com . Highly recommended.

-
Back