1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
I have no idea how getting the doghouse ends and lid finished with insulation and new seals took all dang day but it did. We are maybe one day away from being ready to slip the motor in from the bottom.

IMG_8098.jpeg
IMG_8099.jpeg
IMG_8100.jpeg
IMG_8101.jpeg
IMG_8102.jpeg
IMG_8103.jpeg
IMG_8104.jpeg
IMG_8105.jpeg

Well, today started out good then it turned to crap so it was time to stop. Been waiting to re-paint the doghouse side so I did that early this morning plus cleared the transmission and by the time I got done I figured I might as well poke the engine in that was probably my first mistake. Tomorrow’s a new day. Don’t worry, I used a pull and push rod to move the engine underneath I didn’t get under there

IMG_8106.jpeg
IMG_8107.jpeg
IMG_8108.jpeg
IMG_8109.jpeg
IMG_8110.jpeg

Getting those motor mounts in sucks. You need 2 of the same side (RH) 273 mounts to install a small block in an A100, with one modified if you are using a 340 or 360 as I outlined before. It’s in and the linkage is almost done. Need to heat and put a little extra bend in the throttle rod. The kickdown needs to be lengthened about 1” near the carb and slight mods to the bends as it just barely hits the rear doghouse at WOT. I may just bend a new rod altogether.

Trying to find the right routing of the shifter cable as it’s 4” short the way I have tried it.

IMG_8126.jpeg
IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8129.jpeg
IMG_8130.jpeg
IMG_8131.jpeg
IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8133.jpeg
IMG_8134.jpeg

It’s been a ruse that the front end was done. A few observant folks have seen a missing nut or bolt here and there. Now it’s done with the sway bar.

IMG_8193.jpeg
IMG_8194.jpeg
IMG_8196.jpeg
IMG_8195.jpeg
IMG_8197.jpeg

Starter now passed QC standards for this build. Wonder if I can find a small block 727 converter shield at the swap meet tomorrow.

IMG_8213.jpeg
IMG_8214.jpeg
IMG_8215.jpeg
IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8217.jpeg
IMG_8218.jpeg
IMG_8219.jpeg
IMG_8220.jpeg

Plugging away. Most of the wiring is complete as probably close to original. New cables from Custom Battery Cables here in Arizona and clips all restored and installed. Only thing left is to find a clevis pin for the shifter cable and wire in the transmission switch.

IMG_8226.jpeg
IMG_8228.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg
IMG_8230.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg
IMG_8232.jpeg
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8236.jpeg
IMG_8237.jpeg

Looks great! I spent 45 years as a Lineman and Inspector for the power company, and when I saw how close the - battery cable was to the + post.....my OCD kicked in, lol. "We all gonna die!!" :eek:

:rofl:

Looks great! I spent 45 years as a Lineman and Inspector for the power company, and when I saw how close the - battery cable was to the + post.....my OCD kicked in, lol. "We all gonna die!!" :eek:

I’ll route it down the side to save your life. Can’t have that on my conscience.

Oh and these don’t event have fusable links so the main power feed from there to the fuse box under the dash is unprotected.

Throttle rod bent slightly to work with the Magnum block and intake/carb, fuel line in, upper radiator hose cut to length, buddy will be back in September to CNC plasma cut a longer kickdown bracket to use the factory style linkage, doghouse side mocked up and only one small clearance problem on the LH side custom ignition cable holder I made, little bit of hammer and dolly bodywork on the belly pan to straighten it a bit then epoxy primed and little bit of imagination with the driver seat mocked up.

The driveshaft is getting built this week, need to take it in to have an exhaust put on and a few lower radiator hose options ordered to see what works.

A rusty fan shroud is on its way from Canada to allow me to draw it up in CAD and maybe make one. This is the time to put it in, dealing with fans and shrouds is not trivial on these.

IMG_8261.jpeg
IMG_8262.jpeg
IMG_8263.jpeg
IMG_8264.jpeg
IMG_8265.jpeg
IMG_8266.jpeg
IMG_8267.jpeg
IMG_8268.jpeg
IMG_8270.jpeg
IMG_8271.jpeg

-
Back