1966 Valiant Signet Convertible Resto

-
now that's progress!! looks great dave! i hope you will be at spring fling. i'll park next to that beauty.

For your starting problem, have you tried switching to a starter relay (on the firewall) for a manual trans car? I think the main difference is that one terminal is grounded on the manual trans relay & it's grounded through the trans with the auto trans relay. Not sure, maybe you accomplished the same thing when you bypassed the relay.

It`s finally taking shape and looking good. The radiator core support is huge on your car ,it looks like you could have gone with a much larger (wider) radiator? The dash looks good all chrome plated.

For your starting problem, have you tried switching to a starter relay (on the firewall) for a manual trans car? I think the main difference is that one terminal is grounded on the manual trans relay & it's grounded through the trans with the auto trans relay. Not sure, maybe you accomplished the same thing when you bypassed the relay.

I will have to check that out but I think you are right because the NSW from the 904 connected to the starter relay and was a tan wire as noted on the wiring diagram. I will have to see about getting a manual starter relay. There is a NSW on my 5spd-tranny tail shaft and will have to figure out the wiring for it. Keisler was not much help in that department.

now that's progress!! looks great dave! i hope you will be at spring fling. i'll park next to that beauty.

Absolutely.....we'll keep in touch for the 'Fling'

It`s finally taking shape and looking good. The radiator core support is huge on your car ,it looks like you could have gone with a much larger (wider) radiator? The dash looks good all chrome plated.

I could have gone wider but I wanted it to fit the stock holes in the core support, I didn't have to drill at all. I would have needed to move the horns and the overflow can would have been tougher to mount. I thought the same thing once I got it in there. I'm still thinking about a shroud possibility with this radiator if it becomes necessary for cooling.

I'll be damned. I did not realize there was a starter relay for manual and auto trans. Now I know. Thanks again FABO.

Looking like a perfect ride and more info then I can store
in my gray matter.:shaking2:
I would like to thank everyone for all the info I have learned here.
Just hope I can find it when I need it.:-k

This 66 valiant is going to be on a cover of a magazine !!
Looking great sir.:love4:

Comming along nicely, I like the dash as is. One question though, what is the stock application for your top radiator hose? I'll need one for the radiator I have, and don't want to use a flex hose.
Bob

DAVE i think the dash looks great,,,who did the rechrome???

the nsw,,you can use the auto but need to ground the treminal,the single wire that runs down to your old auto,,,just ground it,, or get one for a manual, mopars by crane has them,,20 bucks i think,,

question ??? is that radiator going to clear the hood ?? it looks a little higher in the pics then the support,,

Comming along nicely, I like the dash as is. One question though, what is the stock application for your top radiator hose? I'll need one for the radiator I have, and don't want to use a flex hose.
Bob

I went to car quest and found one that would work. They let me go in the back to find it.

DAVE i think the dash looks great,,,who did the rechrome???

the nsw,,you can use the auto but need to ground the treminal,the single wire that runs down to your old auto,,,just ground it,, or get one for a manual, mopars by crane has them,,20 bucks i think,,

question ??? is that radiator going to clear the hood ?? it looks a little higher in the pics then the support,,

The radiator is actually lower than stock. Yeah I'm going to get a manual starter relay. The chrome was gone by a guy in Florida and I got it off ebag for $65.

Really coming along now Dave.. will be nice to see everything buttoned up for good. I kinda like the dash with the chrome myself.. At least if you change your mind later, it's an easy job to paint it then.. Keep us up todate

Grant

cut out a piece of thin card board colored to fit over the gauges,,,if you dotn like it remove it and you will still have the chrome dash,,

dave who did the rechrome on the dash,,,,

cut out a piece of thin card board colored to fit over the gauges,,,if you dotn like it remove it and you will still have the chrome dash,,

dave who did the rechrome on the dash,,,,

Guy named Bob at Finishing Touches 727-546-6915

DAVE does he just do rechrome??? or complete dash resteration?? painting???
\
dave you have e mail about the head lite bezel,,

Looks like yours will be running before mine. Great work Dave! Your doing one hell of a detailed, well thought out build.

With the damn cold weather here (it's warm today: mid-40's!) I'm getting NOTHING done on my heap. I did manage to fabricate a neat mount for my MSD unit and electric fuel pump... but that's about it. I'll post pictures in a different thread.

<sigh...> C`mon spring!

Are you done yet?

ME????? You done yet? LMAO.

Man I am getting really close to getting it fired up. I finished plumbing the fuel line to the gas tank and secured the stainless steel brake lines today. Got the exhaust hooked up the tti headers for good. Had to install the muffler hanger brackets. Wish I would have done this before putting in the rear end. Oh well, the X-pipe exhaust looks freaking amazing. Looks perfect very solid.

Still need to install the front shocks and crank the 383 torsion bars then install the front sway bar.

Fill 'er up with all the vital fluids and bleed the brakes, hydraulic clutch slave cylinder, spin the oil pump and I could be spinning around the block this weekend. I still have not gotten my wheels back. Guess I'll order tires tonight along with the bolt-on roll cage kit (eventually will be for the dart though)

Dropped off my driveshaft today to get shortened. It was a little too long. One day turn around is pretty damn sweet though.

I'll keep you guys posted.

yeah, dave you done yet???? you're taking long enough that i am starting to think you have a job and a life.

How about now? Are you done now? :toothy4:

yeah, dave you done yet???? you're taking long enough that i am starting to think you have a job and a life.

This ought to shut you guys up for a day or two. LMAO.

Got the 340 running today. She sounds F'n awesome. This thing is going to be a monster. Here are a couple of pre-ignition pics and some crude video.
47b7cc33b3127cceb2cc73a73ab400000026100AYs27Ji3ZsmPg

47b7cc33b3127cceb2cc73ef3afc00000026100AYs27Ji3ZsmPg

Videos

Engine + Exhaust
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFhuLjbdEV4

Exhaust Revs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N1G5vBZprfc

-
Back