1968 Dodge Dart GT Sleeping Beauty?

-
a tip for when you mask small bits/cables/pipe fittings etc is to use tin/baking foil from the kitchen. it can be wrapped tightly around things and stays put, but the best bit is it's easy to remove afterwards. it's a pain unwrapping miles of masking tape sometimes, lol.
neil.

This was after soaking for an hour. I hated looking at it sitting there. This is believe it or not much improved.
IMG_4707.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

Dart is relocated to the Body Shop. Right now the estimate for body and paint is $3500-$4000. I was initially just going to do the engine compartment and trunk. Also the drivers side dents until I ran out of money. Current plan is to do that as well as any other areas that need attention. Spray with a high build primer and let me block and see what we may discover. I already have approximately $2K in metal work and $800 in metal parts including a full rear quarter. I guess my painted car will be around $7-7500. I think that is a fair price if it all works out.
I just realized I posted about it being at the shop. I didn’t give the pricing. Other threads are searching for painters. Prices certainly vary.

Last edited:
I have been eyeing the seat belts.
IMG_4706.jpeg
They were very dirty.
I put them in a sweat shirt, inside a pillow cover in the washing machine. They came out much better but not perfect.
IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg

Need to clean the buckles and other hardware.

Last edited:
-
Back