-
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasjkt

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of 340 exhaust manifolds that will fit a 69 dart. They don’t need to be exact date code, just need to fit.

Are you looking for the 68/69 manifolds or any year 340 manifolds as all will work but some maybe a little more correct for your build. Also the early ones tend to be pricey. $500 to $1000 or more .

Are you looking for the 68/69 manifolds or any year 340 manifolds as all will work but some maybe a little more correct for your build. Also the early ones tend to be pricey. $500 to $1000 or more .
I would like the 68 69 style but 70 E body would be ok also

I believe 1970 is the same , not until 1971 the passenger side was changed. And I wouldn't use the term E body as the price usually go up and they're the same otherwise.

A "good" set of those manifolds are going to run you from 800.00 to 1,000.00 a set. I have a set also and I'm asking 1,000.00 for them.

I have seen them in the $500 range at swap meets and when I pick em up to look at they have been welded up or have issues like cracks. Not saying that they're no good but I put em down and keep looking. I bought a single one last year, dude wanted $300. I think we settled at $250 . So they're out there but not cheap. Moparty show and swap meet is coming up in two weeks and I'll be interested to see what the prices are .

Not being an *** but asking and getting are two different things.

Herb's had new reproductions for $599, but they are looking for someone new to cast them. You might give them a call and see if they've found another foundry. A lot of times companies don't update their website.

Thanks, I found a set of reproduction, just wasn’t sure how good they were

Thanks, I found a set of reproduction, just wasn’t sure how good they were

Not being an *** but asking and getting are two different things.
You are correct about the asking price but usually you counter offer and if not too far apart you might make a deal. So like above asked what's your budget or what do you think they're worth ????

You are correct about the asking price but usually you counter offer and if not too far apart you might make a deal. So like above asked what's your budget or what do you think they're worth ????
I’ve been rebuilding classics and antiques for over 35 years and I’m aware of negotiations, my budget is around 400.00 so you can see why I haven’t asked anyone to negotiate. My father and I did this as a hobby, he has since past away but the hobby is still in my blood. I am doing a 69 GTS 340 like the one I had as a youngster, parts are expensive so being on a fixed income I watch what I buy. I hope you get your asking price and I don’t mean to offend anyone but 800 to 1000 is way out of my range and I would expect no one to neg that far.

Mopars are the coolest muscle cars there are, but in the past I have found other makes just because of the prices and availability of parts.

I’m in my 60’s now, my past 69 was a numbers matching 340 4 SPD, this one is just a replica, not going to be all numbers match, and a lot of reproduction parts. This car is a drag car survivor, glad I could save it but it needed a lot .

If your current budget doesn't allow you to buy the early HP manifolds, put something else on (headers, later manifolds) until you "can" afford and justify buying the HPs. A lot of us on this site fight the same problems with income. I have to justify to myself the cost of high dollar parts before purchasing. I'm 72 and running my bracket car as a one man band, sometimes friends come out to help, but by and large, it's just me.

So here are pics of my project, the red 69 was my original and it’s what I’m replicating. I do all my own work except engine machine work. Everything else is done by my two hands

IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6675.jpeg

IMG_6782.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg

IMG_6790.jpeg

Here is my take : I love it when people beg for cheap prices until there car is done then ask $100,000 for the finished car .I sell parts quite often and there s not a lot of people that will pay the going price for parts the really want .
Here is an alternative to the 340 manifold. The 92/93 dakota manifold 618/619 flows very simular to the 340HP. You can buy them for $100 a pair

1st I do not like the fact that you think I am begging, I was ask what my budget was and I told them!

2nd the most I have ever sold a car I built was 12,000.00 but if you have a 100,000.00 and want to buy this Dart when completed hit me up.

3rd thanks for the info on the Dakota manifold.

I got a set of 69/340 HP manifolds and I want $750 for them plus shipping and that's what I paid for them 2 years ago...got a set of 71 style for $575

I have a set I took off a 68 340S fastback 4 speed that I believe to be OEM. Attached pics. PNs appear to be 2951916 and 2843953. $500 includes shipping from Florida.

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back