1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
The best way to pull a mopar engine is to drop the cradle out from underneath. A search here will find you that info. But in your situation with a motor plate and a hemi, you might be coming out the top. Taking the hood off certainly makes that easier. I’d personally disconnect the trans and yank the engine by itself.

I posted this in the seat thread. Drivers seat is brittle and has a crack. What is the best option to restore the seats? A person responded and told me about Gary Ball interiors.

I can't imagine a more drool-worthy barn-find!! That odometer!! That shifter! And the proper A100 seats! What's odd is......was this not raced much at all, or is the speedo cable disconnected?

Any info on Victory engines in Cleveland?

[/URL]
No Sir, But Joe's Precision Racing. Engines is Well known here. Joe passed about 8 years ago, but his people carry it on. He took a chunk outta a 440 and put in my Bros windowed 426 Hemi Cuda Vert! I've DROVE it. Think he may have done stuff for Art Malone and Big Daddy. They fixed something No One In the Bay would touch of mine in 91

The best way to pull a mopar engine is to drop the cradle out from underneath. A search here will find you that info. But in your situation with a motor plate and a hemi, you might be coming out the top. Taking the hood off certainly makes that easier. I’d personally disconnect the trans and yank the engine by itself.
Thanks for this!

I can't imagine a more drool-worthy barn-find!! That odometer!! That shifter! And the proper A100 seats! What's odd is......was this not raced much at all, or is the speedo cable disconnected?
Thank you! Pretty sure it is both…….disconnected and not raced more than a few times.

Also, should you replace that alternator, you're going to want to keep that pulley. It's an over sized, deep groove pulley for high RPM. Don't let it get away.

It’s a shame your FIL didn’t talk about it much, looks like it was a really well built car in its time! I definitely think it should be more of a preservation than restoration. That’s a once in a lifetime type of find.

I'm drooling and drooling and drooling..............
I ain't drooling, I'll, more than likely, never own one. I have a Holy Grail Harley, Blessed to have that! But if I lived within an hour or 2 from MaxCustody, I'd bring the beer, bust my ***, get greasy as all get out, just to help the cause. He'd prolly get sick of lookin at me! Back in the old days we'd work on them cars 5, 6, 7 days a week Man, a WOT ride, of course, after completing, would be highly appreciated though!

Bagging, tagging, and photographing EVERYTHING is a must in this situation. Any one of us would be thrilled to have a chance to lend a hand on this. Please keep us updated as you can.
Also, I would strongly suggest that you get insurance on this car, if you have not already done so. I expect that you turned an awful lot of heads while transporting it down to your home, word travels fast as you no doubt are aware given your profession.
Cars like that draw a tremendous amount of attention, not all of it is good.

It’s a shame your FIL didn’t talk about it much, looks like it was a really well built car in its time! I definitely think it should be more of a preservation than restoration. That’s a once in a lifetime type of find.
Thank you! I agree on preservation.

So cooooool. I would pull the plugs and squirt some oil in there and put the plugs back.I would be tempted to turn it over at the crankshaft bolt but that's just me.You are doing the right thing tearing it down after 45 years of sitting. I also would keep what green is on the hood (left and right) and Satin Black the center and scoop. Welcome to the site! You will learn so much from all the great people here.
Oh, and keep the pictures coming. We love pictures.

-
Back