1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Bolted in the seats today, which took me several hours. However, I am glad I took the time to adjust them and do it right. I had to drill additional holes in the floor and brackets to get them to mount correctly. My FIL was shorter than me and there was no way I could use the original holes. I also moved the passenger seat back so they were both in line. I am very happy with how they look. One more item checked off the list. :steering:

View attachment 1716115370

View attachment 1716115372

View attachment 1716115373

View attachment 1716115374

View attachment 1716115375

View attachment 1716115376

View attachment 1716115378

View attachment 1716115382
better wight transfer with the seats moved back:lol:

Man, @Maxcustody you're really kicking some *** on this car. It's looking great!!!
I'd personally like to thank you for getting this car back together & can not wait to see it do a ripper burn out, I mean rip it good enough that you would arrest yourself lol .

Man, @Maxcustody you're really kicking some *** on this car. It's looking great!!!
I'd personally like to thank you for getting this car back together & can not wait to see it do a ripper burn out, I mean rip it good enough that you would arrest yourself lol .
Thank you! I can’t wait to drive it for the first time.

Ordered parts the last couple of days. Ray Barton had the cam and lifters in stock and is being delivered tomorrow to Sean. Great customer service and fast shipping.

Parts from Summit getting delivered Thursday.

Things are progressing and I am excited about the engine being assembled.

You ain't cruisin chicks in this thing yet? lol

@replicaracer43 any plans to run the engine on the pump to break it in and let us know what kind of power it makes?

Last edited:
Is that running drums up front or did you upgrade it? (too lazy to read 30 pages back) :)

Drums on all 4 corners.....................:thumbsup:

images.jpg

I am all in for the dyno................correct break-in and tuning of the carbs, perfect!:thumbsup:
Most people ***** about the cost of dyno time. I figure it in to every engine build I do that’s above mildly modified and it’s worth its weight in gold if you ask me. It’s refreshing to see someone realize the benefits beyond just knowing how much power it makes.

Most people ***** about the cost of dyno time. I figure it in to every engine build I do that’s above mildly modified and it’s worth its weight in gold if you ask me. It’s refreshing to see someone realize the benefits beyond just knowing how much power it makes.
I want to do this right the first time. This engine is too important to me to cut corners.

-
Back