1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
the fuel pressure gauge takes me back to the 70's, One of my Chevy buddies tried to have every Sun gauge know to mankind mounted on the cowel. I remember having one on my Get-X, but I couldn't get myself to drill mounting wholes on the top of the cowl so I made a bracket to mount it on the lip. Funny thing is, once the regulator was set....it not like you even cared and it turned into nothing but a distraction.

Your father in law and I would have been racin' buddies. I'm pretty sure he would of put a wuppin' on me with his Hemi Dart. I definitely would of 2-counted him....just to have a chance.
(from the color of the license plates, pictures are from 1975)

View attachment 1716225610

View attachment 1716225611
same thing for mounting the gauge on the cowl: two stainless steel sheet metal screws into an aluminum plate in the cowl. held the plate in place with tape through the drivers side vent box.

Hose clamps would have worked, but he chose 2 Stainless screws right in the cowl.........................built as a race car only, so I guess he wasn't concerned about anything other than function.

Fuel gauge screws.JPG

Two screws in the cowl aint gonna hurt nothing. And pretty soon sit in seat shift gears elephant engine under the hood in light weight car drawing crowds at all the local cruise spots ...

But you fixed that torsion bar cross member. Put some structural integrity back into the car. Changes like that are a good move...
That was definitely a safety issue as well as changing out EVERYTHING with the brakes. Still drums and shoes on 4 corners but all good................:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Still waiting on the valve covers................. They were machined last Thursday for the breathers and Barton is waiting for the ARP valve cover bolts. they will be shipped out this week. This is the last part of the build and then I can make the trip to NC to pick up the car.

To say I am excited is an understatement. :thumbsup:

So, ummm, when you go pick car do you like, ummm, you know, go drive it around a bit? Hemi rumbling shift the 4 speed? Take shop guys out for a burger? Like time pickup with nice dry day??

-
Back