1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
@toolmanmike I think this thread should be closed to further comment so the party's concerned do not get hurt feelings "again". In my opinion, it's done, it's history, leave it the "HELL" alone and everyone go about their daily business.

Last edited:
Just for clarification, it's only been a few weeks, not "out of the woodwork after a year"
Sean, I feel you are missing a great opportunity here. You should be standing shoulder to shoulder with Scott
At the big car shows (and online) displaying your skills and workmanship while Scott
Shares the car and back story. You can’t get a better endorsement for your capabilities especially in the timeline to complete the project. Everyone worries their project will be stuck in restoration jail when it leaves the home garage! You may not be satisfied with your return on this project, pretty much we all have been there. Use the Dart as
a positive to grow your business!
Good luck
Byron

My opinion is meaningless when it comes to whether or not to close thread. My initial reaction was Sean kind of attacking Scott. BUT - after it played out a little bit my opinion changed. Sean more clearly explained his position and I thought he did the right thing by explaining. He manned up. It seems to me that neither of them harbor ill feelings to the other over this. I know for a fact that Scott is more than happy with the Dart. Sean looked over the whole deal after the car left and realized that he worked too cheap. No big deal - it happens all the time in all lines of work. If this had turned into a mud slinging back and forth affair, I would vote to close it, but it didn't.

you guys took all the fun out of the hemi talk :(

1717174893970.jpeg

I definitely don’t have anything else to say on the subject and wasn’t going to comment at all. I am just enjoying being at the first show mopars in the park in Minnesota.

IMG_0858.jpeg

I definitely don’t have anything else to say on the subject and wasn’t going to comment at all. I am just enjoying being at the first show mopars in the park in Minnesota.

View attachment 1716256698

Looks great... i cut off my spring perches for the second time last night... so that's how my cars coming along :)

View attachment 1716256698
We'll be out there tomorrow with Bazza's (Barry's) '71 Australian VG. I understand they put new tires on it just a few days ago....

I'll be the guy driving one of these, initially:

cart.JPG

Really looking forward to seeing (and hearing) your car tomorrow!

(Edit: And thank you for bringing it all the way out here! Much appreciated!)

We'll be out there tomorrow with Bazza's (Barry's) '71 Australian VG. I understand they put new tires on it just a few days ago....

I'll be the guy driving one of these, initially:

View attachment 1716256700

Really looking forward to seeing (and hearing) your car tomorrow!

(Edit: And thank you for bringing it all the way out here! Much appreciated!)
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Sean recommended I ask the cost……….
Correct, trying to make sure he heard from other legitimate sources that it was gonna be a lot more expensive than originally expected. But at the end, scott didn't expect it to cost a lot, and I agreed to the reduced price because I felt bad for him, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to let people know I did a massive QUALITY rebuild in a short period of time, after all it was supposed to be a bit of advertising for my shop also. And to everyone saying I'm casting a shadow on Scott's reputation, STOP THAT nonsense. Hes a great guy, was good to work with. He just simply didn't understand how much work it required is all.

-
Back