more pics

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 585
  • 014.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 598
  • 024 (2).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 559
The silver paint may have been either special order ( 999 ) and-or "Spring Silver Special" .

[/QUOTE]

NO. I still have the fender tag from the silver 69 A56 I parted out. I looked at it again Saturday and the paint code is A4. There was an additional small tag under one of the mounting screws with a 2 digit code. IIRC, the silver paint was special because it was buffed?

I would say that a 69 'cuda would NOT be part of any spring special or similar promotion. Those were usually used for more run-of-the-mill cars, like my mom's 67 Coronet 440 which was probably a white hat special. The whole idea of the 'cuda option was performance, not buy this package that includes a vinyl roof and full wheel covers.

The 69 4 speed A56 I still have is heavy duty everywhere. It has front AND rear torque boxes and has a 15/16" front sway bar. (std was 7/8) I crawl under 69 A bodies all the time and I think I figured out that mine got all the HD stuff because it was a 4 speed with factory 3.91 gears

Great save!!!!!!! You are a MOPAR HERO :notworth: A rare car for sure :yawinkle: I don't think I've ever seen a fast ratio manuel steering box (I have heard of them and would love one for my Valiant :happy7:). How do you tell the difference between fast and slow when its out of the car? Keep up the great work :thumleft: I'll be following this :shaking2:

WOW!! Finally a car rougher than mine,lol!! All kidding aside that is a great car. Best of luck with the resto.

A few of my friends are telling me to cut my losses, and let her go. Does any one, maybe want this project? I am getting a new title from the state of iowa and DATATAGS is making the correct fender tag. $1500?

Well I guess it's your car and all. It really depends on your skill level. With a car like that,unless you know how to do the work yourself it's gonna cost you a fortune to restore.

one hell of a resto job!!!! not for the faint of heart........ good luck

I have a 67 Formula S car but always wanted a 69 'Cuda.I am getting ready to start on mine also.

A few of my friends are telling me to cut my losses, and let her go. Does any one, maybe want this project? I am getting a new title from the state of iowa and DATATAGS is making the correct fender tag. $1500?

How do you know it is making a correct fender tag? What options codes did you ask them to put on it?

The body work, paint, and cost of all the parts will far exceed the value of that car. Even if you own your own body shop there isn't anything cheap about fixing something like that up. You have to restore that car because you love it and want to save it. If you are looking at it from a strictly finanacial stand point sell it and get it into someones hands who has a stash a parts, a load of money, and the means to save it.

Yes if you're not ready for a lot of work and a certain shortage of original parts then you would be better off selling the car. If you wanted to return it to factory specs then parts like the exhaust manifolds, oil pan, and air cleaner, would have to be located and they are few and far between. I can easily see 10k in parts/labor even if you do most everything. If you do decide to keep it and do the work, you will be a FABO hero. :salut:

You need the broadcast sheet to get a tag made.
Adam brings up a good point. Have you tried to find the broadcast sheet? That would provide the documentation to prove how the car left the factory...

BTW, that's a sweet car. I hope it can be brought back to life!

burg

I would not pay Datatags $1500 to make a fake tag. It should always be known to future buyers at a made up tag. Now it sounds like you will disclose the repro tag. But future sellers may not (probably not). So... when someone figures out it's a repro tag....all past owners will be named in the lawsuit...

There are numbers on the tag you cannot make up that are on your buildsheet and original tag. So your $1500 tag WILL be inncorrect.

I don't think you getting a tag will make it worth $1500 more. And it will just make the cost that you have to sell it $1500 more and further limit the potential buying audience. Which is allready very low.

Cut your losses (if any) and don't feed $1500 into this car you might not get back or bring you potential other issues.

I would not pay Datatags $1500 to make a fake tag. It will should always be known to future buyers at a made up tag. Now you will hopefully disclose the repro tag. But future sellers may not (probably not). So... when someone figures out it's a repro tag....all past owners will be named in the lawsuit...

There are numbers on the tag you cannot make up that are on your buildsheet and original tag. So your $1500 tag WILL be inncorrect.

I don't think you getting a tag will make it worth $1500 more. And it will just make the cost that you have to sell it $1500 more and further limit the potential buying audience. Which is allready very low.

Cut your losses (if any) and don't feed $1500 into this car you might not get back or bring you potential other issues.

I think he is saying the car is for sale for $1500

I think he is saying the car is for sale for $1500

Now that I look back. Yes, I see that.

But I think datatags is still around $200. I wouldn't pay that for the grief it could cause later.

If he does sell it --whether it's restored or in its present condition- it would be best to leave the tag out of the equation and just let the buyer know that it's missing . Perhaps drawing up a statement regarding the tag's absence , and then getting the statement notarised , he could dodge some potential bullets .

Whatever happens , I just hope that this car is saved ...

If someone wants to sue you they will sue you.It is sad that these cars and this hobby has become a litigation swamp.I can see that the owner now has definate fears of building his car.Good luck if you build it,and if you don't i'm sorry that your dream is shattered.

sweet car...I like the color combo. Drop me a pm if you have any questions. I own a couple of 1969 'cudas

Guys, I was going to leave the order numbers off the tag, because without a build sheet a person cant be sure of it. I guess, I will part it out and use the stuff in my (dart) that no one wants to buy either, Then it will be off to the crusher. Buy the way there is beautiful 340 cuda in HEMMINGS that probly could be bought for $20000 I could not touch this resto for that, I put 3 times that into my T/A that was in better shape to start than this car , and the parts were easy to find, unlike this dang thing.

Is eveyone in Iowa broke?? That Dart you have for sale is a GREAT project, can't believe someone isn't all over it...

Is eveyone in Iowa broke?? That Dart you have for sale is a GREAT project, can't believe someone isn't all over it...
Seriously, the cuda and the Dart are both well worth your askin price IMO. In GA, that dart woulda sold already:glasses2:

*EDITED QUOTE*
Hi guys, I started getting things in order for my 69 Cuda 383.
I have been waiting for a long time to start this project. It will be a big one. The car needs everything, LOL!
It is the only silver/black 69 CUDA I have seen. I rescued the car from the bone yard when I was 22 , Im 39 now,
I will post pics as soon as I can. Before during and after. I am hoping for a 1 year resto on this car.[-o<[-o<[-o< starting in 4 months.

You've had this rarity for 17 years now . You've rescued it from being recycled into 100 Chinese products .
So what if its fender tag is missing ? It's YOUR baby ; a missing fender tag means **** .
If you decide to fix & sell or restore & sell , and you're honest about its origins ( e.g. , not trying to defraud anyone ; and , no , I'm not accusing you of this nor am I assuming that you'd do this ) , then there should be zero problems .
Take photos & videos ... lots of photos and videos .
Make them a part of the selling deal . Keep some hard copies for yourself ; and if the car's authenticity is ever called into question , you'd have proof of its lack of fender tag .

Things will get better . Just like the economy tanked , it'll also rebound ; that's basic physics : to every action is an equal and opposite reaction ; what goes-up must come-down .

Whatever you decide to do , I wish for you the best of luck . I'm certain that you'll make the right decision :thumrigh:

About 15 years ago I parted out an A4 'cuda340. This silver car I parted was a 340, 4 speed/ 3.55 SG, black deluxe bucket seat interior w/ console/ manual fast ratio steering, and manual disc brakes. 90% of the right rear quarter was torched off, the bottom was severely rusted, and the engine had coolant in it. After I got it running well enough to drive the 20 miles home, I got 2 stop signs away from my house and the front end went BANG! The T-bar anchor decided to let go because of the severe rust. It was pretty obvious the car had sat outside in a field for a long time and the entire bottom was rusted.
I'm trying to include a fender tag photo of the silver A56 car I parted out. The paint code is A4. You will notice a separate small ALUMINUM tag that was attached under the left mounting screw, It reads "1A" but I don't know what that refers to. It's just as it came off the car but apparently I straightened out the upper left corner. (That was before I knew it was SUPPOSED to be bent)

Attachments

• Silver Tag.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 355
-
Back