Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Is this dart worth 4500 dollars. There is only one bad dent and one bad spot of rust on the body. There are a few tears on the front seat of the drivers side and some of the headliner stitching is coming apart. But the rest of the interior is perfect. The slant six runs but it has oiling problems. The owner is throwing in a 1980 318 with a 904 with 91000 miles on both. I think he has it priced high but am not sure. So let me know what you think. Thanks.

FILE0148.jpg

FILE0139.jpg

FILE0144.jpg

FILE0145.jpg

FILE0146.jpg

FILE0161.jpg

FILE0149.jpg

FILE0159.jpg

FILE0156.jpg

FILE0162.jpg

not worth the the asking price.
my brother just sold 1--- 70 dart with a different 360-- & 8 3/4 for 2500 with a parts car-- same rust issues -- but a crinkled fender. L

I'm not an expert, but I'd say it's not worth it.. even with the 318 thrown in, would you really put it in the way it is? No, you'd probably rebuilt it... so the 4,000 dollar car would end up being quite a bit more... You can probably get a 70 dart with a built 318 or 360 that someone built for the same price if not cheaper....

Remember, this is a buyer's market, not a sellers.... The ball is in YOUR court!

I'm not an expert, but I'd say it's not worth it.. even with the 318 thrown in, would you really put it in the way it is? No, you'd probably rebuilt it... so the 4,000 dollar car would end up being quite a bit more... You can probably get a 70 dart with a built 318 or 360 that someone built for the same price if not cheaper....

Remember, this is a buyer's market, not a sellers.... The ball is in YOUR court!
X2

Yea I figured it was high for a slant six but the interior was pretty nice and the only major rust under the car was what is in the picture. If I could have gotten it for 2000 I think that would have been a pretty fair price.

Landon, Keep Visiting The Guy.
That Cars Not Going Anywere Any Time Soon.
Maybe He Will Give In And Give You A Deal.
Good Luck

i just sold a h code 70 swinger 340 hot rod for $6500 up here in va. i thought it was way too cheap...but i like to a never got rid of it. it was way nicer than that car.....

001.jpg

005.jpg

Landon, Keep Visiting The Guy.
That Cars Not Going Anywere Any Time Soon.
Maybe He Will Give In And Give You A Deal.
Good Luck
This guy seemed to be very firm on his price. So I wouldn't want to make him mad by offering him something like $2000. But I'll wait a few months and check back with him because I also highly dout that car is going any where for a long time at that price.

Landon,
I would wait about 10 days, approach him and tell him that you have a budget of, say $2000 (or whatever you want to offer) and let him know that this is a firm CASH offer. Have a note card with your contact info.
I got a $7500 asking price car for $6000 back when it was a seller's market. I made my offer, gave him my contact info. Two weeks later he called with a $6500 price, I said I still had $6000 cash, he said sold.
The value of any of these old cars is what someone is willing pay, not what someone will ask. He needs to know what you are willing to pay.
David

Way to high, i'll garauntee that he won't take less then 3K, he must thing he has a gold mind, if you look on another thread, this kid bought a real sharp 72 Swinger for 2K, & its a factory 53000 mile 318/8.3/4 SG/PDB unit with very little rust starting, & a sweet int. I wouldn't pay over 1500.00 for that car, i'll bet theres floor/trunk rust starting by the looks of that lower fender, i paid 1500.00 for this 71 318/8.3/4 Swinger, 89000 original miles, A61 package, AC car, & the air works, i think i paid alittle too much, but there getting harder to find, especially with VERY solid floors/rockers/trunk/quarters like this car, the only issue (& its bad) is the roof rot, & some minor front damage.

100_0852.jpg

if you look on another thread
What other threads are there? This is about the only place I know of and most cars on here are a good ways from NC.
but there getting harder to find, especially with VERY solid floors/rockers/trunk/quarters
Yea so far this is the nicest one I have seen. It is very solid. Though I didn't look under the trunk mat which I should have.
What other threads are there? This is about the only place I know of and most cars on here are a good ways from NC.

Way to high, i'll garauntee that he won't take less then 3K, he must thing he has a gold mind, if you look on another thread, this kid bought a real sharp 72 Swinger for 2K, & its a factory 53000 mile 318/8.3/4 SG/PDB unit with very little rust starting, & a sweet int. I wouldn't pay over 1500.00 for that car, i'll bet theres floor/trunk rust starting by the looks of that lower fender, i paid 1500.00 for this 71 318/8.3/4 Swinger, 89000 original miles, A61 package, AC car, & the air works, i think i paid alittle too much, but there getting harder to find, especially with VERY solid floors/rockers/trunk/quarters like this car, the only issue (& its bad) is the roof rot, & some minor front damage.

100_0852.jpg

but your cars incomplete.its missing a door handle. lol

that is WAY too high IMO, I got my Valiant which is a lil better off for $2000 with a 40,000 318 and slight quater rust. my main ? is what the heck is that on the roof. did he weld a new roof on or is that just a crack he puttied shut?

Yea so far this is the nicest one I have seen. It is very solid. Though I didn't look under the trunk mat which I should have.

Sorry, its in the 4-sale section under "Factory 71 Swinger", this car is a nice one, & he said he paid 2K for it & wants to trade for a B or E body. After seeing that car, i know i paid to much for mine lol.

I paid $900 for a running driving '71 swinger (/6) that needed seat covers and carpet to make it a decent driver. That was back when it was sellers market too.

Budda said " When in doubt: do nothing". Way too high a price. Keep looking.

what the heck is that on the roof. did he weld a new roof on or is that just a crack he puttied shut?
Its where the factory lead filent is coming out. All that needs is a little bondo.

Man, I dont know, I have seen this car in person, it is super solid. The paint in the trunk and under the carpet is shiny and clean. The doors open and shut like a new car. You couldnt take a rusty car, hang qtrs, fenders floors ect for this amount of money. This car would probally have brought 6000 easy 2 years ago. And probally will in the future, if the economy gets straitend out. I know its a buyers market right now, but I STILL see guys pay more for less. I dunno, I didnt buy it, but I think its not a bad deal myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back