"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
what size rim and what backspacing is on there....my 15" fit fine , but next to NO backspacing

aren't you gonna run 17's....we put em on Ross's 17x7 w/ 5.125 backspacing...fit nice

the stock (shorter) tie rod end will clear...is this for push-around? that Fatman tie -rod puts the tie rod parrallel with the lower control arm.....needed for correct bump steer geometry....and if 15's are used...must not go too deep on the backspacing...also, you can always remove/unscrew the grease zirk, onced greased

The plan was is to go with 17's at some point.
Going to run the stock 15" steel wheels while I save up for the wheels I want.
The zirc clears, the wheel just touches the tie rod enough that it doesn't want move.

throw a 1/4" spacer on for now...
just curious....what is the backspacing?

Its in primer now!

Click on the image to watch the walk around video.
[ame=http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/Freaks-Photos/70%20Dart/?action=view&current=2012-07-17_20-14-53_471.mp4]
th_2012-07-17_20-14-53_471.jpg
[/ame]

Looks awesome in person and I'm extremely happy and anxious to see it with color and clear on it.

Got a seat mounted tonight. Feels great being able to sit in the car again and hang onto a steering wheel.

All the way forward.
2012-07-20_21-25-12_786.jpg

All the way backward.
2012-07-20_21-25-47_277.jpg

Piece of cake getting in and out of the back seat.
2012-07-20_21-26-09_264.jpg

Hood is on, front and rear spoiler is on. I had to do a mock up at this point and just put a couple bolts in here and there.
If was a good feeling to see all my ideas coming together right in front of me.
The car looked big and long sitting inside the shop. Funny thing is, as soon as i pushed it outside and it was near other vehicles it looked small.

2012-07-21_15-38-11_656.jpg

2012-07-21_17-32-28_827.jpg

2012-07-21_17-32-47_621.jpg

side-shot.jpg

Almost time for BODY WORK!!! wooo hoooo!!!!

I am digging this build, it looks great. Does the front spoiler hook to the valance? Does the tubular lower radiator support affect the mounting?

Front spoiler bolts onto the valance and the lower radiator brace doesn't get in the way.

Thanks guys. Moved the rear axle back ~1.5" to center the tire in the wheel well better and allow more clearance for larger tires..
I know it will hurt the weight transfer on launch, but that's not a big deal for me since its a driver and not a drag car.

Whats new Brother John?
Uhh....I just got my "Jim Bayer Autographed Model" H.D. camping chair for
the Nat's off of UPS. Just so you guys can see that I am putting forth the
maximum physical effort for this yearly extravaganza like the rest of you do.

Steering linkage has been figured out.
Just have to final fit the mounting plate on the firewall and put a set screw through the column to hold the shaft in.

2012-07-23_19-10-45_941.jpg

Coming along nicely...nice progress, I guess I should get moving a little faster.

I like those seat,but am almost afraid to ask,how much? Lol I will likely just use Dodge Caravan front bucket seats. I had a set offered to me for free,just need to go get em,so it's pretty hard to beat that price! They look a bit like a high back Duster/demon bucket,but have a base I'll need to remove. They also have an armrest on the inside that drops down when needed and flips back up when you need to do your seat belt up. Very comfy as well,but nothing really to write home about if you wanted a seat for a good handling car.

grease the bejesus out of them by jamming grease into the coils....the mount them and work them...up and down....a lot.

Brother Weeb actually made his too weak...didn't know you could do that...but he did

Hood is TRICK!!!....your execution is flawless!

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!

The hood opens and closes easily now.

Thank you for saving me a big head ache!

-
Back