1971 Dodge Demon for sale!! fully Restored!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
the very rare and for the most part never seen hemi 225 V WAS BUILT to compete with the Oldsmobile straight 5

Hey Guys Just want to say thanks for all the kind words regarding the Demon, this is a great forum, I wish i could say were i got the wheels but i dont know they were on the car when i bought it, but i will say the tires on the rear are 255/55-15, they look great !!

Very nice 3.2 but being the owner of a original 225/6 Demon restored with a BB I can safely say you're asking a little to much but good luck anyway.

..........1 of my friends stuck $35,000.00 into cloneing a 6 cyl auto demon... to a 340 4 gear....she is appraised at $11.500.00..........It is 1 beautiful car, but not #s matching...............He doesnt really care about the appraisal as this was a car he had in school, and now he has it again...........kim......

Hard to put a price on the sentimental value of a car. As the last post stated about having one in high school. A guy here in town had a 340 duster and his brother had a 396 chevelle in their earlier years and now being a millionair he wanted another duster so he hired a guy over in Ava to build him a resto mod type duster. I sold him some parts from my stash but by the time he was done he now has well over $70,000 in the car. Very nice but not with my pockets. And if that isn't enough he now has a Hemi RR in the works by the same guy. He'll have $100,000 in this thing before he's done. He's not hurting financially. Might bring the price in the right place at the right time. Might have to set on it awhile.

The market for all classic cars, and even new high performance cars, is really down right now, due to the economic mindset throughout the USA.

Take a look at the late 2007 and to date - 2008 classic car auction results, including Barrett-Jackson Jan.2008, to see how far Mopar prices have fallen.

This comment is so true right now. I've been wanting to comment on this for a while. The other members posted some details about what a 340 car should be for the asking price. But your car is VERY, VERY nice nonetheless. I hope you didn't buy this to flip recently. The market is down. Prices on muscle cars are not what they were from last year. I was watching the Kruse auction not too long ago and all the muscle cars were down. The only muscle cars that were not down were Shelby Mustangs. The economy is down. People are trying to sell their investments which is saturating the auctions. For example, Superbirds are almost common at Kruse and Barrett-Jackson among others. There used ot be a time where only 1 or 2 would pop up at these auctions. Now you see 4 or 5 per auction. 440 Magnum cars used to pull 6 figures. I recently saw 2 sell for around $80k.

I'm not trying to be a hardass by posting this but you are probably wondering why it's so hard to sell. Here are my suggestions...

1) Try your luck at one of those auctions.

2) Start bringing your car to every car show you hear of. You may find a buyer that has some sort of sentimental attraction to your car and willing to pay your asking price.

3) Hang on to it for a few more years and wait for the economy and market to improve. But most of all...ENJOY IT!

Good luck.

3.2 Nice car. As far as the price goes 340 or not you'd be hard pressed to build it for that, let alone have someone build it for you!!!! I'm fortunate and do most of my own work. You have instant gratification with your car. I'm doing a mopar streetrod project, after lots of money and time it's still not on the road. Buying one done and "close" to what I want would have been quicker and easier... As far as the car market goes, it is and always will be whatever someone is willing to pay!!!! These TV auctions are a double edged sword. They are just as bad for the hobby as good.

Good luck with your car
Bob

Do you guys know if its supposed to be painted B5 or B7?? I cant tell by the pics. Almost looks like B7, but I think its just the light.

Thank you! My Duster was a B7 car as well. I have never seen a B7 car in person tho....

Dam that car is beautiful.
Would like to see the 70-72 340 air-cleaner on it.
Hold on to it till you get your money.

it's nice, but I can tell this guy's in it to flip it, or so says his sixteen CA craigslist ads :evil3:

Great looking car.

I don't think the asking price is way too out there.

It would probably cost much more to locate the parts and build it yourself including body, paint work...ouch!

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Just for the heck of it, maybe throw a ralley dash in and some bucket seats and see what happens then.
Just as coyotejack said in another thread "Don't be afraid to do things twice just to make it right."

As far as the car market goes, it is and always will be whatever someone is willing to pay!!!!

The market has spoken...this car is nicely done but way over-priced, based upon the lack of a sale at the asking or anywhere near the asking price!

No one is willing to pay anything near the asking price.

As a flipper you took a chance...so just forget about it...drive the car and enjoy it, then sell it when the classic car market improves...

If you are driving/owning a Carrera 3.2, this car is a drop in the bucket, $$$ for you...

It's a very nice car and I for one like the plain interiors. Remember, most of these cars were bare bones, like a Road Runner, nothing wrong with having a plain gut. Good luck on the sale.

Hey you know your Mopars.

I just joined this website tonight. VS29H0B365631

Gotta Demon too, original 340 car, **** brown now, but will be Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge per my daughter's wishes. Love the site already.

As far as your prospectus for the Muscle Car Market; you are dead on. Why do you think my 1970 Duster 340, has been parked in the garage since 2001? Money was tight back then for our expensive hobby, but as for nowadays; FORGET IT! I hoping for a "BACK TO THE FUTURE" retrofit "Mr. Fusion" powerplant for my Mopars; for @ 10.5:1 compression, I need 94 Octane or better; Unleaded Regular is not an option.

Is gasoline going the way of R-12 refrigerant? Here today, but $250.00 per lb/gal; if you can even get it at all?

Very nicely done car. Especially under the hood. One thing I look at that can tell me what level of restoration has been done on a car is under the hood. If it looks like crap under the hood, then the rest of the job isn't worth looking at. Check it out and see if I'm not right.

Hope you sell your car dude.

So you have lowered it 5 grand since you originally posted? Com'on man! Stick to your guns!!

I hope it goes to a good home, I can only dream of owning a car that nice...

Holy crap this threads still going......don't get me wrong I don't mind, thats a sweet car, don't mind checking it out again and again. Good luck with your sale, you just need to find someone with some cash to part with, wish it was me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back