1973-DUSTER-Oregon.

-
Just got the stripes on and added the oil and water, hoked up the battery and she came to life.WOW what a day.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0008_1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0006_1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0002_1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 444
That came out really nice.
I think the shaved side marker lights are the finishing touch.

Yea its been a busy year working in the shop and spending all our spare time and then some on the car. As soon as we get the brake lines hooked up and the tail pipes run we need to take the car to the upholstery shop to get the headliner installed then stop by auto glass shop and get the front and back glass in. Then to the tire shop to get the front end alined and then back to our shop and finish up the inside.

what are you going to do for the exhaust ? will you be able to get it all the way out the back with the springs relocated?

was wondering how sturdy that instrument panel was with those gauges. was going to buy that set up but someone told me it was kind of flimsy.

Tony

I am just about finished with the exhaust. Stainless steel dumps to X pipe, 40 flow-masters then over the axle and inside the springs then cross back to the inside of the spring to finish with a 3" spacer to move the tips in. So the end result is that the space between the tips are 6" closer to gather. Finished one side, When i get both finished i will post pictures. As for the dash, yes the dash is not steel But looks and feels good. As the dash is installed wright and no stress is in force should be good to go..

I am just about finished with the exhaust. Stainless steel dumps to X pipe, 40 flow-masters then over the axle and inside the springs then cross back to the inside of the spring to finish with a 3" spacer to move the tips in. So the end result is that the space between the tips are 6" closer to gather. Finished one side, When i get both finished i will post pictures. As for the dash, yes the dash is not steel But looks and feels good. As the dash is installed wright and no stress is in force should be good to go..

once you have this done I would really like to see some photos of how it looks from underneath. it would be very much appreciated :) I look forward to seeing the outcome. your car is looking beautiful!

once you have this done I would really like to see some photos of how it looks from underneath. it would be very much appreciated :) I look forward to seeing the outcome. your car is looking beautiful!
Thanks. Might be a day or two but i will get there.

This is a few pictures of the routing of the exhaust after moving the springs in under the frame. The one picture is of the spacer that moves the pipe in 3" made out of 3" long section of 3" channel welded to the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0011_1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0010_1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0009_1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0008_1.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0007_1.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0006_1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0002_1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 401
awesome job! thank you for sharing those photos. most people always run the exhaust on the outside of the spring I have wondered if it would fit along the inside like yours. looks good. I assume there is no issues with the springs hitting? also I don't know if I missed it but whats the diameter of your pipes?

awesome job! thank you for sharing those photos. most people always run the exhaust on the outside of the spring I have wondered if it would fit along the inside like yours. looks good. I assume there is no issues with the springs hitting? also I don't know if I missed it but whats the diameter of your pipes?
The pipes are 2 1/2 some places are real close but will clear. If a person had softer springs it might be a problem.

Just saw your Duster for the first time ...very nice!! I am down in Eugene keep up the great work maybe I will see you on the road someday.

Just saw your Duster for the first time ...very nice!! I am down in Eugene keep up the great work maybe I will see you on the road someday.
The first show i am trying to get to is a local show on the grass in the city park. Might not be finished with the car but good enough to show.

Just got the headliner finished and installed the hush mat on the floor and finished the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_0008_1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0007_1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0006_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0002_1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0001_1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 342
I have to say I really think you did an awesome job on the Duster. I love the black grille I've been debating on doing the same thing to my sharktooth and was really glad to see some close up photos (I didn't find much searching the web for painted Duster grilles). When you said your window tint was only 15% I assume you meant it was very light since usually the lower number the tint the darker the tint, usually 70% is the lightest followed by 50% ect...again looks perfect. It seems we have a few of the same ideas for details and it was nice to see them in pics before I pulled the trigger and did them.

I have to say I really think you did an awesome job on the Duster. I love the black grille I've been debating on doing the same thing to my sharktooth and was really glad to see some close up photos (I didn't find much searching the web for painted Duster grilles). When you said your window tint was only 15% I assume you meant it was very light since usually the lower number the tint the darker the tint, usually 70% is the lightest followed by 50% ect...again looks perfect. It seems we have a few of the same ideas for details and it was nice to see them in pics before I pulled the trigger and did them.
Trying to get the Duster finished in the next month.Will keep every one up to date. Thanks.

Just got the front and rear glass installed

Attachments

• IMG_0008_1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0007_1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0002_1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 322
Beautiful car must feel nice to see it LIVE PICS just aren't the same
Yea its hard to get away from, My oldest son and I Have done all the work and a lot of the guys on here helped with parts. Thanks every one for the parts and ideas. BUILD ON...

your duster looks awesome! should really grab everyone's attention. do you think it would be possible to post a photo from the back down low so I can see how you exhaust and tire size look? :)

your duster looks awesome! should really grab everyone's attention. do you think it would be possible to post a photo from the back down low so I can see how you exhaust and tire size look? :)
I will get a photo of the back end this week end when we get the car back in the shop. Had to put the Duster in the trailer to get enough room to work on other jobs in the shop.:wack:

2 1/2" pipes - 315/35/17 tires and 11" American Racing rims.

Attachments

• IMG_0002_1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0006_1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 266
-