1973 Duster

-
sure if all he wanted was to drive straight. you want to really drive the car and enjoy it or man handle it

I am more of a go out and enjoy the car all over not just in a straight line for 10 seconds sorry

I am more of a go out and enjoy the car all over not just in a straight line for 10 seconds sorry
Put some good sway bars on front and back and smoke the tires around corners also...it's your car...drive it like you own it...

drive a 10 second car down the track it's not as easy as it looks. Then the next time get within .01 of your first time and see how hard it gets. It's not as easy as just going in a straight line. Now my car will go around corners just not under power. The locker I have will not like that, you would end up going straight if you apply too much power around a corner

I understand I did not mean to under play how hard it is. I used to race circle track so I understand how hard it is to better your time. And by the way if you put a medium spring in the locker it will not throw the rear end around as hard when you accelerate in a corner if you drive it around town. I believe the medium spring is the yellow spring.

I have put sway bars in the front and rear of my Duster it should drive completely different when it comes back to life. Plus the engine will be a little lighter with the new 6.1 hemi I think.

Trust me I always seem to go through tires within a year to much smoke so I expect this car to be no different.

man you can get a year out of a set of tires, you need to drive harder. lol just kidding. i wish i knew how diffrent my car is going to drive i have never driven it. hopefully soon it will move under its own power though.

I drove my Duster for almost two years as my main transportation and it ran good minus the oil burning situation.

As for the Tires I get a year out of the backs, the fronts last about two years for my 2009 Challenger. and since the Duster is going to have the same motor I figure they will only last a year as well so I will have to time it so that I can change the tires every six months. That might save the marriage..

lol marriage is over rated.......

just kidding I would not trade my wife for anything (except maybe a numbers matching hemi cuda)

I wish I would have picked up a running car sometimes but then I would not want to gut it and drop in the cage wheel tubs and the twin turbo 5.7 hemi. Ok I still would........

i do want to see this twin turbo 5.7. thats what i want to do with mine.being able to make it handle and that engine combo now your in the supercar mode

sounds nice I always like the sound of a turbo with a straight exhaust.
and if the car can handle wow that would be something great. hugh

so Big day today finally brought my wife over to the mopar family. Got rid of the old family Suburban and went out and got the wife a new dodge truck so now that is three mopars and one old 1968 chevy truck and trying to sell that as well.

2009 Challenger, 2010 dodge 1500 quad cab and ye old 1973 Duster. If I can sell the old truck I will be in like flynn

i like those trucks. they ride really nice and 390 hp aint bad eather. but there is something about the 2500\3500 that makes me think they seem like toy trucks. but the 1500 are much better dont ask me why.

I think it is the duel wheels that make them look like toy trucks. This new truck is nice still sitting up high. I don't like it when they settle in the front. I am sure I will get new springs in it when that time comes, but for now it is fun to drive. When my wife lets me that is.

yeah I have been a ram owner (converted from gm) since 03. Since then I have owned an 03 reg cab, 04 quad cab hemi (totaled and donated it's motor to my duster) and now an 06 quad cab hemi 4X4. I love the dodge trucks. I will never own any other brand. Enjoy yours (when you can get it from the wife like me)

My new gas cap is done and here is the tank pictures in and out of the car and I added a pic of my wife playing with my bike. With her fakee smile

Attachments

• duster 11-16 008.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 857
  • wifee.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 877
  • duster 11-16 029.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 881
  • duster 11-16 028.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 878
  • duster 11-16 026.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 884
  • duster 11-16 025.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 890
  • duster 11-16 016.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 887
  • duster 11-16 012.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 894
  • duster 11-16 011.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 869
  • duster 11-16 009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 887
by the way this is about a 28 gallon tank give or take a little have not filled it up as of yet.

it would not be right if I did not show everyone the huge hole were the spare tire used to go and now sits the tank.
If you noticed I squared off the back section to give it a cleaner look

Attachments

• duster 11-16 021.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 870
  • duster 11-16 022.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 884
  • duster 11-16 023.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 853
  • duster 11-16 024.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 874
The question I have for anyone who may read this is: has anyone replaced the trunk springs with a hydrolic lift system like in the newer cars. I hate the way my trunk is squealing when I close and open it right now. I know my spelling is off.

Awesome pictures, thanks. I really think I'm going to have to break down and get this tank as well. It's just perfect in my eyes.

Riddler

the tank is by rick's hot rods inc out of El Paso Tx. call and ask for Hector the size is 29.0 wide, 26.0" front to back and the tank is 8.0 deep in front and 6.0 in the rear with a 1.50" mounting bracket around the edge. it has a 76/6 ohms sender with a walbro 255 lph pump.

and the cost was about 1400 USD (for Riddler)

If you call Hector tell him you want the tank that Timothy Granger got for his duster and it would make it easy for you. He and I had to work out dimensions and depth and the the way it will look altogether. by the way I had the fuel filler made smaller to work with the cap I got for the car. You can make it larger if you want. It is a really nice tank with a solid design.

I am very happy

good deal. I might have to see about getting something from them as a friend in elpaso owes me some cash for a dana 60 maybe he can pick it up and deliver it when he comes to get the axle....

Nice that works better when no cash leave the hand.

I traded my old look for a newer plum crazy look was wondering about the whole Gold thing so I took the plunge. It was not that deep to dive in anyways

well money would have to leave my hands at the price you gave but only about 300 so I can handle that.

-
Back