Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
-
Talk about your car, thanksgiving, your bunion, supper, LOL

If you dont have one by the time I go to the junkyard I will put it on my list along with some parts for Rob.

I still do not concede the race.

The search continues.

I want this car doing burnouts by Thanksgiving. I want wheelstands in my driveway again. I want to roll smoke throughout the neighborhood before new years.

Reading these post....:realcrazy: An all-out blitz like this in June, we may have raced in July :poke:

2020 small block race - Stephen

Reading these post....:realcrazy: An all-out blitz like this in June, we may have raced in July :poke:

2020 small block race - Stephen

Did not know parts were missing in june. Thought would be together and all ready raced a few times by now and would be putting my 11 sec motor in about now.
What a crummy year weather wise also.

Did not know parts were missing in june. Thought would be together and all ready raced a few times by now and would be putting my 11 sec motor in about now.
What a crummy year weather wise also.

Is there any reason the older style crossmember will not work if you got the older style mount? It might make the search easier. Are the bolt holes in the same place?

I always cut the outer area of the crossmembers off on street cars so I can drop a transmission with out without unbolting the exhaust. They end up with only one bolt hole on each side. I have never had any problems at all.

Do you still need a motor mount bolt? I noticed I have one in a spool mount on an old 440 block. No nut on it though. I have been searching for stuff for our project too, and I saw it.

Yes I need 1. I found 1 good one in a pair of bb spool mounts.

Yes I need 1. I found 1 good one in a pair of bb spool mounts.

PM me your address and I will put it in a padded envelope. I can mail it Monday.
I went out and knocked it out. It is not perfect, but I would use it. I found the nut on the floor beside the block.

PM me your address and I will put it in a padded envelope. I can mail it Monday.
I went out and knocked it out. It is not perfect, but I would use it. I found the nut on the floor beside the block.

Sam I think your inbox is full.

Thanks for the help.

Hurry, list more parts missing...!!!!! that's what tied it up yesterday!

Ok Good idea. Here go. lol

Got a crossmember under the Dart.
Still need the correct bolt tho.

Here the story on that.

The ebay pictures on the thread that was posted on my want ad had me go back and look at that crossmember that @HemiSSDart loaned me and the mount I bought from a guy a year ago at one of Hemis swap meets. What happened was I had a mount from a Aspen that I had been told was a Dart mount and it did not mount in that crossmember correctly so therefore I thought it was a no-go.

So I took my Milwaukee Sawzall to it and modified it to work.

20191102_164808.jpg

20191102_173813.jpg

20191102_174304.jpg

It is under the Dart holding the transmission up with temporary bolts.

@Mopar Sam

Thanks for the offer on the spool mount bolt. No longer need it.

Here's the story.

You know I've been working on that pile in the front of Dad's truck in the garage trying to get to the front of the garage to find my missing cross members.
Now I've also been building or making set up bearings for the 8 3/4 and the Dana's. So I had this ice cream tub with some old bearings sitting on the front inner Fender of Dad's truck. Now it's been there for a week or two and I've been digging into it and pulling out bearings and putting bearings back in it and such.
Imagine my surprise when I walked past it today and there is a spool mount bolt sticking straight up out of it. The only thing I can figure is that raccoon must have stuck it there so I would stop digging around up in the front of the garage.

20191102_164926.jpg

One of them still has the ears that keeps it from turning in the spool mount. The other one somebody must have put a breaker bar on it cuz they're kind of chewed off.

But thank you Mopar Sam for your offer. I have a lot of stuff I just don't know where all of it is. LOL

So now I can raise the motor and put the passenger header in. Then mount the motor and start getting this car back together.

Btw 318 it already has a driveshaft loop like yours in it.

-
Back