• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Just a shout out in case Dave happens to be surfin' through here,..... Congrats on winning the River Redemption Run - AGAIN! Tough out in footbrake class in what is one of the toughest tracks to survive round after round.
:thumbsup:
Jabs, Jadaharabi I introduced you to him last year.....
Here is his Duster in this short video

Well I've been wanting to buy one of these since 1978 when Dad sold ours at the auction when the shop closed. Seat grinder is identical to the one that we used to have. But the valve grinder itself is a couple decades older than the one we had.

1594441925442-2052719482.jpg

1594441983020-1929374562.jpg

1594442041905-1146192167.jpg

Last edited:
It was a real trip getting this machine.

And when I say trip I mean there actually was a trip. The guy had put a little tiny dog chain across his driveway an anchored both ends of it so after loading the machine I go to walk around and get in the truck and trip over this damn chain. Down I went all across my left side all up and down it I don't think I broke my hip didn't do my arm much good but anyway other than being skinned up I guess I'm okay.

It was a real trip getting this machine.

And when I say trip I mean there actually was a trip. The guy had put a little tiny dog chain across his driveway an anchored both ends of it so after loading the machine I go to walk around getting the truck and trip over this damn chain. Down I went all across my left side all up and down it I don't think I broke my hip didn't do my arm much good but anyway other than being skinned up I guess I'm okay.
just what you need.... more bodily harm... :rolleyes:

He’s just trying to toughen up for the butt whoopin he’s gonna get if y’all ever run down the 1/4.
:lol:

I kid. I kid. I got no dog in this fight, I just couldn’t pass up that opportunity :D
He just keeping the ole' body from "work hardened" :D

Got my 1500 back. It was a bad computer modulator not the fuel pump.
Runs like crap now. Found a vacuum hose disconnected and they didn't put the ground strap back to the ignition module. And now it misses and skips along going down the highway like it's got a plug wire unplugged or something. So I'm taking it back in the morning.

You have a safe trip.

Back in March athe Indy cylinder head swap meet I bought an ld340 manifold that had the carb mounting holes stripped out. I gave like 60 bucks for this manifold. When I got home I took it over to my local machine shop to have it helicoiled.
Only they didn't Helicoil it they welded all in the holes shut and drilled and retaped them.
Just got the manifold back yesterday they charged me $30 to fix it so now I'm up to $90 or so into this manifold anyway I thought it was a good deal.

1596901850245-639311034.jpg

Back in March athe Indy cylinder head swap meet I bought an ld340 manifold that had the carb mounting holes stripped out. I gave like 60 bucks for this manifold. When I got home I took it over to my local machine shop to have it helicoiled.
Only they didn't Helicoil it they welded all in the holes shut and drilled and retaped them.
Just got the manifold back yesterday they charged me $30 to fix it so now I'm up to $90 or so into this manifold anyway I thought it was a good deal.

View attachment 1715574719
you are not hurting at all at 90 bucks. That's goodwill price..... :)

Well I got the future paint booth down and hauled home.
Only fell once when I unrolled the front canvas door and exposed a 10 inch long Hornets nest. I backed away as they started swarming and I fell backwards and landed on my noodle.
I think the fall saved me from being stung. Lol

20200830_161701.jpg

I'm going to try to widen the top 4 feet. That'll put me at 16 ft wide at the bottom.

New parts for the Swinger's 360 magnum. Should be able to finnish the assembly this coming week.
20200926_212554.jpg

What a week so far.
Two days to get my old Mac Pro 610 chainsaw running. I needed it to cut down the tree behind my skid loader were it was stuck down in a ravine.
I get the tree that's behind the skid loader cut down and set the chainsaw about 10 or 15 feet away near another tree. Couldn't get the skid loader out forward so I back it up over the stump of the tree I just cut. This works fine got up on higher Solid Ground. Spin the skid loader round hit up the hill pick up the steel bench that I dropped on the hillside. Then I get out of the Jungle I was in and onto my roadway that goes up to the house or the barn. Take it around and set it in the driveway. That part of the mission is accomplished but in getting the skid loader out of the ravine I noticed that I only had three tires that were doing any work the front left when flat. I find it amazing I got the thing out of there with that steel work bench with a flat tire but it all worked out.
Now I'm trying to work on these 308 heads get them ready to bolt onto this roller motor.

And did I mention that in backing up and spinning the skid loader around down in the bottom I ran over the chainsaw bar and bent it.

-
Back