• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
-
Jeez glad yer OK! Not the smoothest ride but like you said ROPS did it's job thankfully.
When I 1st started working on heavy equipment, a coworker and I were working on a newer Bobcat skidsteer. Can't remember exactly doing what, but pretty sure it was the joystick/pilot controls.
Hoses all buttons back up, but must've got them mixed up cuz upon starting, it IMMEDIATELY, went into RODEO mode and was bucking in circles like it was trying to shed it's sheet metal lol. I can still see coworkers face in the Bobcat lol.
Glad yer good AND impressed there's no leaks. :thumbsup:
The ROPS did it's job. The lap bar held me in. Head down, feet up, unfortunately. Once I released them I dropped into the back window area behind the seat. Then I had my back on the ground with my feet above me. Not the most comfortable position going. Eventually my phone worked its way out of my pocket and I could call 911. But I was kind of stuck there until they cut the side of the cage out and pulled me out.
I remember thinking as the machine started to go over backward "This is going to be good."
I wasn't really hurt I scraped my thumb about a 1/2 inch square of skin and my herniated disc in my back are acting up again now. But I can understand that after being tied in a knot for an hour or two.
This machines must be pretty tough and well made because it's not leaking any fluids or fuel. The battery is upside down and is not leaking any acid either. Until I get it turned up right the only damage I see is one of the hold down bolts to the battery broke. What can I say God was looking out for me again.
But I will say it was not as much fun as drag. racing.

And he is still leading in the polls ........
1724336899960.png

on a thread created in 2018 :lol:

Well to bring you up to date I've been in and out of the hospital and sick since the end of May just now got to feeling better. So I thought I'd take the old skid loader out and move some of the logs out of the backyard from where we'd been clearing the trees out. But even the best laid plans sometimes go astray. Especially when you go over Center.
I'm glad I pay my taxes and we have a fire department and paramedics on call thank you Lord. Only took them an hour to get here.

View attachment 1716292896
This is what not to do when moving logs.
View attachment 1716292897
Um Sir you can’t park that there! In all seriousness hope you get well soon.

I'm glad it's 318willrunhasvalvesthatfly that's lining up against jab... he can't even keep a slow moving skid loader on it's wheels....
I didn't realize you visited FABO anymore......

1. is my hillbilly76 dart sport. Putting it back together with the moonshine runner .060 over 340, with the rmv 727, 8 in converter and 4.88 street gears.

My 76 Dart Sport is a Spirit of 76 Dart Sport 318 automatic ac pb car originally.
Someone in the past repainted it and put what looks like 74 Cuda stripes down the side of it. Someday it will get a paint job and hopefully some of the original Spirit of 76 stripes.
What I have done to it since I've had it is I rebuild the front end and replaced the 5.13s with a more street friendly set of 4.88 gears. And I replace the Slicks with street tires.
I flexed the body and cracked the windshield down on the lower driver side and in the cowl area there's a little tear on the body panel doing burnouts on my driveway. So I need and plan to install frame connectors. I may install 4.56 hiway gears if need be.
The 8 3/4 underneath it has a Moser spool and Moser axles using the 1 7/8 brakes and also has an adjustable pinion snubber on it.
The torque converter is a turbo action 8 in and the transmission is a 727 using a turbo action reverse manual valve body. I'm not sure what the rear springs are on it. But it has competition engineering 3-way adjustable rear shocks. And competition engineering 90/10 adjustables up front.
Street friendly 4.88 ? what size tire?

Turn it around 180° and popped it back on its Wheels with another skid loader. It did seep out the Chain gearbox Lube. I always use old motor oil for that.

20240826_095422.jpg

20240826_095406.jpg

Now it can sit for a few days to let all the fluids settle back down. I'll probably go ahead and just change all the fluids and filters anyway. I think it's due for an oil change anyway.

-
Back