340 gone! Performance shop shut down! Help!

-

smartken22

U.S. Navy Senior Chief
Reaction score
My 340 small block engine was given to Fresno Performance on 13Mar2012 and is still not ready. A year and a half to build? I brought Fresno performance my 340 small block engine on 13Mar2012 for a performance build and have still to this date received a completed product. I started following up on the progress on my engine in March of this year and they kept telling me it will be done next week. They have been telling me that for over three months now and now they are not returning my phone calls at all or answering their phone. I went to the business today and they were closed and it looks like a ghosttown (signs of going out of business). One guy who worked next door at the RV place stated that they were closing down the business. I have paid this company $3000 to build my engine and they still have it. I have a feeling they are going to go out of business (if not already) before I get my engine back. The last time I talked to them was Friday and they said it will be done Monday. I believe they were keeping me at bay while they closed up shop! Help! I have already filed a complaint with BBB and filed a police report with the Fresno Police and do not know what else to do. This is very frustrating as I have a lot of time and sweat in this car and to boot it is a numbers matching engine! Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2012-03-10_15-42-35_261.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 2012-03-12_15-19-49_689.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 2012-03-13_13-26-08_383.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 2012-03-13_13-26-26_881.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,495
If they were inc, not much you can do if not, you can go after them in court but it would be a personal suit against the owner/employee but check your local laws and call an attorney.

Sorry to hear this be happy just to get your engine back done or not. Why did it take you so long to question what the hell they were doing. I is always bad to pay up front. Good luck

I was on deployment so that is why I waited until March to start talking to them. Shame on me. I thought it would be done when I got back. So much for assuming. I have gotten nothing but excuses from them since my return.

Sorry to hear this be happy just to get your engine back done or not. Why did it take you so long to question what the hell they were doing. I is always bad to pay up front. Good luck

Thanks for your service and shame on them for doing this to a guy who protects our freedoms. I would contact the state attorney for help.

Had a similar thing happen with a truck that I was getting some cage work done on. There one day, gone the next. Just happened to catch the crooks landlord when he was there one day. He cut the pad lock for me, loaded my truck onto his trailer and dumped it off at my place. Otherwise it might have gone away...Good luck......

Thanks for your service and shame on them for doing this to a guy who protects our freedoms. I would contact the state attorney for help.

X2......real bummer, hope you can get your engine and money back.

I hate people like this. Some people deserve to be shot. unfortunately it doesn't look good. I found this on yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fresno-performance-fresno-2

Yellow pages:

http://www.yellowpages.com/fresno-ca/mip/fresno-performance-2642426

and the BBB shows 5 complaints within the last 2 years non of which the company would respond to the BBB about. The company says they are under new ownership and improved the place but yet the owner wouldn't respond to a bad review. You would figure that if a new owner was trying to repair the reputation of hid newly bought business he would make certain to respond to the BBB.

Honestly I would be so pissed right now, not for being duped, but for losing a matching numbers engine that I would end up breaking into the building to see if my engine was in there. But, don't listen to what I would do as this could result in serious consequences with the law and not mention have an adverse effect on your claim with the police.

i would contact your local news channel and tell them your active service member and what this shop has done while you were deployed, it will get them to do alot of leg work you can't do yourself , like finding owner. maybe you can atleast get the motor back. good luck

If he is going out of business it will not matter......

if there are vehicles out there and these crooks aren't done cleaning the house, that invoice will sure come in handy especially with the local P.D., it's theft ($3,000.00 plus the motor). If the owner declared bankruptcy, that $3,000.00 is long gone. The motor it self would be worth saving.

I hate people like this. Some people deserve to be shot. unfortunately it doesn't look good. I found this on yelp:

Honestly I would be so pissed right now, not for being duped, but for losing a matching numbers engine that I would end up breaking into the building to see if my engine was in there. But, don't listen to what I would do as this could result in serious consequences with the law and not mention have an adverse effect on your claim with the police.

If I lived near by I would consider doing this for you. I'm pissed just reading about this. I hope you at the very least get your engine back. Good luck and thanks for serving!!

i would contact your local news channel and tell them your active service member and what this shop has done while you were deployed, it will get them to do alot of leg work you can't do yourself , like finding owner. maybe you can atleast get the motor back. good luck

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Squeaky wheel!

Check the local swap meets,machine shops as well. Most likely trying to unload inventory,quickly.

I think your local News investigators would get on this. Local Service man stolen from crooked business. of course you local law enforcement will likely be on board too. Or at least I would hope so. "Probable Cause" and open the doors type thing.

Good luck and thanks for your service!

Sorry to hear about this. I lost a 318 block like this. Luckily it was only a late 60's block that I had totally deburred and was waiting for them to tell me if I needed to bore and such....

-
Back